Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Okay, I have to ask - Does anyone know why Lyn-J Dixon
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Okay, I have to ask - Does anyone know why Lyn-J Dixon

May 22, 2019, 12:39 AM

did not get to play in the NC game? Especially on the final drive when we were so far ahead. I must have missed something. I keep hearing that if you put in the work, then you get to play, so did LJD do something to get in the dog house with Dabo? If so, is he out of the dog house now?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Okay, I have to ask - Does anyone know why Lyn-J Dixon

May 22, 2019, 12:51 AM

Dabo was scared he’d score on that last drive and make it look like we were running up the score. I think with Choice being the Senior in his last game he gave him those reps.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

May 22, 2019, 5:28 AM

Because he is going to get a bunch of carries in the next 2 National Title games.

May 22, 2019, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Okay, I have to ask - Does anyone know why Lyn-J Dixon ]

I agree. He would have broke one of those runs and in hindsight taken away from the long celebratory game ending drive.

May 22, 2019, 12:28 PM

Can I just say that may have been my favorite Clemson drive of all time??? Demoralizing, dominating, and we got to take a knee to championship. Gosh typing that gives me goosebumps still, what a night

May 22, 2019, 3:25 AM

Adam Choice deserved all those carries. Lyn J still has at least 2 champ games to play in

May 22, 2019, 3:28 AM

Probably just spreading the wealth, watching player character more than moves, IMO.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2019, 6:51 AM

While all of these responses sound somewhat feasible, it is contrary to what Dabo preaches over and over. Do the work, and you get to play. There was a different issue that nobody seems to talk about. We can keep avoiding it I guess, since it is obvious that there is a reason that somebody prefers to avoid. Thanks for the responses.

That said, I would love to see LJD run a couple of kickoffs back. He might be better at that than Kendrick or Powell, and that's saying a lot.

May 22, 2019, 6:56 AM

I don’t view it that way. Perhaps being a senior, Adam Choice did put in “more” work, thus he got to play. So Dabo did follow what he preached. Now, next man up. Go Tigers!

what was obvious that's not being discussed?

May 22, 2019, 10:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Okay, I have to ask - Does anyone know why Lyn-J Dixon ]

Dabo has played more 3rd teamers, walk-ons and shirt wearers than any coach in America. Giving those carries to Choice means that he put in the work the same as Lyn-J, but we also know that Dabo will defer to seniors in situations like that as well.
We probably won't know, but Lyn-J might have tweaked something or been sick before the game and Dabo did not want to risk making matters worse. No matter the reason, LJD was ready for the spring and looks ready for the upcoming season!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Muschump? Is that you Muchump?

May 22, 2019, 7:27 AM

You act you like you have some say in who plays when and for how long. What's the matter with you? You taking up an argument that the player himself has NOT made? You his spokes person? Or did you just jump on TNET with your own petty little "concerns"?

Hey, your fruit loops are getting soggy.

COOT

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: Muschump? Is that you Muchump?

May 22, 2019, 7:58 AM

Huntclub - Damm man, were you born an a-hole, or do you just work real hard at being one? I just asked a question. Don't respond if you don't have an answer.

BTW: I like to watch LJD play football, but it sounds like you prefer that he not play. He is exciting to watch, and has the ability to score every time he touches the ball. Do you not like to see that for CLEMSON players? You sound like a COOT!

Jeez dude. Ease up.

May 22, 2019, 8:24 AM [ in reply to Muschump? Is that you Muchump? ]

He posted an interesting question on a discussion board so people that were interested in the topic could discuss it. That's the point.

You board Nazi's are ridiculous. Pretty sure y'all can ease up on your coot patrols here on TNET. I doubt they're coming here to torment us with their subtle questions about RB playing time.

I think it's obvious there's a difference

May 22, 2019, 8:37 AM

between his question (which, of course, is perfectly reasonable) and the trolling freakout way he chose to present it.

No one is "ignoring an issue" about Dabo being hypocritical or LJD being in the doghouse.

We simply had a single possession in the 4th quarter and we rotated in a senior back as a reward for years of work. Had we had multiple possessions we likely would rotated others in, probably LJD.

But don't pretend the original poster was just innocently asking a question. Reread his posts and see if you can't hear the attempt to make an issue where there is none.

But that doesn't make him a coot... that's a step too far.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good job flux! I regret I've only one point

May 22, 2019, 9:30 AM [ in reply to Jeez dude. Ease up. ]

To give you. People just need to calm down and let others have their fun. See where the board takes us when when we discuss matters as if all the parties were in person, together, carrying on these discussions.
Thanks for your post

Ask Dabo if you really want to know but

May 22, 2019, 7:53 AM

Choice wasn’t behind LJD on the depth chart. Dabo’s trying to move the chains to run out the clock and Choice is very good at that. Lastly, Choice had 81 yds on 9 carries in the Pitt and ND post-season games. LJD had 16yds on 10 carries in those games

Re: Ask Dabo if you really want to know but

May 22, 2019, 8:49 AM

Exactly! CTIGERS90 is correct. Most people were just happy with the result of the game, so they didn't pay attention to the fact that our last drive lasted 10 MINUTES!! That is unheard of, especially in our offense. Dabo and company were going with the bigger backs and more experienced backs for that drive. I don't necessarily think anyone including Dabo expected us to be able to run out the entire clock on that drive, but it was a thing of beauty if you appreciate the details of football. I mean he didn't get to play in that one particular game. However, look at the big picture. Dixon got 62 carries and 547 rush yards as a true freshman that was 4th on the depth chart. I don't think too many teams can say they got that kind of game experience for their 4th string RB. I'm not knocking Dixon in any way. I think he has a bright future, especially this season.

Dixon was 4th string

May 22, 2019, 8:27 AM

and didn't play well against ND.

Snowflake Basher........Out

May 22, 2019, 8:37 AM

We have great, great problems to have when we're worried and/or arguing about our (then) true freshman, 4th string running back not getting playing time in the national championship game.

May 22, 2019, 9:32 AM

I may be wrong, but I don't think Lyn-J got another carry after fumbling the football against the coots.

May 22, 2019, 10:36 AM

He carried the ball 6 times in the Notre Dame game for 11 yards. He didn't do very well there, but he got more touches than Feaster and Choice.

May 22, 2019, 6:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Okay, I have to ask - Does anyone know why Lyn-J Dixon ]

"I don't think Lyn-J got another carry after fumbling the football against the coots. "

:) I'm truly sorry that I offended people by asking this question, but it was simple curiosity on my part. I somewhat thought that the above mentioned fumble had something to do with it, but wasn't all that sure. I wasn't trying to raise an issue that is taboo for some. I guess I just wanted to watch the guy run against the best team we faced (well, maybe ND was the best team we faced).

Anyway, thanks for some great responses. Can't wait until fall ball.

May 22, 2019, 9:32 AM

Dabo didn’t want to run it up with a 50 yd LJD House Call probably.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2019, 9:46 AM

Choice wasn't a threat to make a house call. Three yards and a cloud of dust. LJD could have taken it the distance. Then we would have to give the ball back to Bama. And you should remember that onside kick stuff from a couple years back. Smart coaching by Dabo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ummm, Choice gained 81 yds on 9 carries, that's 9 yd a carry

May 22, 2019, 10:25 AM

That's some cloud of dust...

May 22, 2019, 12:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Okay, I have to ask - Does anyone know why Lyn-J Dixon ]

I don't think Dabo was concerned about turning the ball back over to Bama and an onside kick.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2019, 12:31 PM

I have to admit, I thought the same thing. I think it may have been the Adam Choice factor but with the lead we had in the second half victory lap that was, still surprising he didn't at least get a few carries. Maybe Dabo didn't want a freshman to fumble, breaking our perfect no-turnover game

Didn't want Satan to hide something smelly in their

May 22, 2019, 4:12 PM

time shire?

He's got a ring, and a new season is rapidly approaching

May 22, 2019, 4:25 PM

where he can prove himself on the field.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic