Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ok tonight's game is/was bad...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Ok tonight's game is/was bad...

Jan 21, 2014, 9:59 PM

Just think it was a bad matchup on short rest on the road. Then u add to that the fact that Pitt shoots over 55% and we don't shoot 30% it's gonna be a rough night.

This game changes nothing. We are still ahead of where we thought we'd be and we got a big game coming up on Sunday.

Those of u that want to hate, we don't need you. This loss is NOT on Brownell. Just chalk it up to a bad night.

Go tigers! Prepare to make history on Sunday!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chalked up to a bad night and Pitt being a good team

Jan 21, 2014, 10:01 PM

and nearly unbeatable at home.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Ed Zachary***

Jan 21, 2014, 10:02 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Also, I should add, while all of the above is certainly true

Jan 21, 2014, 10:08 PM

I think this game also, once again, illustrates the talent gap as well. Pitt just has better basketball players than we do.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: In every aspect.***

Jan 21, 2014, 10:21 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pitt is one of the best teams in the country. We are a

Jan 21, 2014, 10:09 PM [ in reply to Chalked up to a bad night and Pitt being a good team ]

good Southern Conference team. I would like to see us as a top ACC team but the truth hurts.

The truth is we will never be a top ACC team in basketball..

Jan 21, 2014, 10:12 PM

If we keep Brownell, he'll put us in that echelon, but we won't ever be a top dog in the sport.

Duke, UNC, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Notre Dame, and Louisville are too tough to compete against.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We have got to recruit a couple of scorers who want

Jan 21, 2014, 10:14 PM

that ball every time.

And as I've said many times, it must start with a real

Jan 21, 2014, 10:16 PM

commitment from the university to the basketball program.

- H. L. Mencken

It looks like DRad is making serious committments, so

Jan 21, 2014, 10:20 PM

I just hope Brownell can survive the haters to reap the rewards.

Ha! I just posted essentially the same thing below.***

Jan 21, 2014, 10:25 PM

- H. L. Mencken

Re: We have got to recruit a couple of scorers who want

Jan 21, 2014, 10:40 PM [ in reply to Re: We have got to recruit a couple of scorers who want ]

The problem is keeping those scorers here while Brownell is here. Good luck with that.

Maybe not year-in, year-out, but we can be better than we've

Jan 21, 2014, 10:15 PM [ in reply to The truth is we will never be a top ACC team in basketball.. ]

ever been, and that should be the goal. That's my belief, anyway.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: Is Tates still around?***

Jan 21, 2014, 10:18 PM

That I agree with and I believe is possible.***

Jan 21, 2014, 10:19 PM [ in reply to Maybe not year-in, year-out, but we can be better than we've ]

We have to get better players. To do so, recruits must

Jan 21, 2014, 10:24 PM

believe that Clemson is serious about winning big, having a big time program, and has a coach that can get it done. Great facilities and a very aggressive promotion of the program is where it starts. I hope Brownell survives long enough to be that guy.

- H. L. Mencken

I'd like to nominate the above poster for the basketball com

Jan 21, 2014, 10:22 PM [ in reply to The truth is we will never be a top ACC team in basketball.. ]

mittee chairperson position to implement a unique one-of-a-kind entrance before the beginning of games a la the running of the hill; just a few of the ideas I have are that we could dig a tunnel leading up to the basketball floor & have the players ride up on a ski lift with the mayor!

Re: Ok tonight's game is/was bad...

Jan 21, 2014, 10:02 PM

This means our guys are going to come back and beat UNCheat in Chapel hole, the home of ghost classes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope you are right!***

Jan 21, 2014, 10:04 PM

- H. L. Mencken

Jan 21, 2014, 10:07 PM

The offense is painful to watch under Brownell. But a lack luster performance all around. We can beat UNC though. Gotta throw out this tape honestly and regroup. Positive things to take away from the end of the game. Build on that and regroup. If we can split this rough 6 game stretch we will be in ok shape. This game was expected to be a loss. Anyone thinking we would go in and win is looney tunes. Embarrassing to lose by 33, but a loss is a loss and only goes down as one in the loss column.

Jan 21, 2014, 10:10 PM

you are painful 820

Jan 21, 2014, 10:24 PM

How is that? You make no sense. Did you even read what I said or is that too hard for you?

Re: I don't think any of us expected a win. We did not

Jan 21, 2014, 10:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Ok tonight's game is/was bad... ]

expect a stomping, either.

Jan 21, 2014, 10:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Ok tonight's game is/was bad... ]

Let's hope Pitt comes into Littlejohn in March believing that they don't need to show up to beat us again.

We used to lose to Duke and UNC by 40 points on the road and then play them very competitely at home, occasionally pulling the upset.

Hopefully this one game doesn't lead to a major drop in our player's confidence.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic