Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FULL DISCLOSURE FRIDAY
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 697

FULL DISCLOSURE FRIDAY

Apr 25, 2019, 8:56 AM

I know it is Thursday, but this has been a longass week and it feels like Friday, well, yesterday felt like first Friday, then today is second Friday, tomorrow is Third Friday. But not in a good way, just the bad parts about Fridays (Work).

Two weeks ago, I was with my Mom in the hospital. She had fluid drained from her lungs. This is apparently a bad sign. Checked heart, it was fine. Checked infection, nothing. That left the big C word as the culprit. Immediate referral for some scans and an oncologist. We met with him on Monday and he confirmed that we are dealing with ovarian cancer that has metastasized in her lungs as well as in her abdomen. We meet with the GYN Oncologist on Monday to get a plan of action but the numbers I am reading do not indicate a good outcome for Stage IV Ovarian Cancer. Mom is about to be 68 and that is just too young. Anyways, dumping all this shit on here for no reason except to get it off my chest and I know some of you may have had to deal with this kind of stuff. She is the primary caregiver for my Dad who has been sick for a couple years, dialysis 3x per week and lots of other little problems that are compounded with all the other issues. Might be a tough year coming up for our family. Anyways, good vibes would be appreciated but not necessary. Thanks for letting me unload all over your faces.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You and your family get the vibes today.***

Apr 25, 2019, 9:02 AM

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

####, just ####.***

Apr 25, 2019, 9:04 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is tough bro

Apr 25, 2019, 9:04 AM

Praying for your family.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

my face is here for u in case you have more unloading to do

Apr 25, 2019, 9:08 AM

T's & D's tho

So sorry. Prayers for your mom.***

Apr 25, 2019, 9:09 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

T’s and P’s***

Apr 25, 2019, 9:09 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FULL DISCLOSURE FRIDAY

Apr 25, 2019, 9:13 AM

All our vibes are yours

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Tees and Pees

Apr 25, 2019, 9:15 AM

I had to restrain myself from a more typical joungerish reply.

Sucks though, hope things work out the best they can for you.

Typical Joungerish replies are more than welcome***

Apr 25, 2019, 9:20 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ok then

Apr 25, 2019, 9:24 AM

hope your mom's ##### feels better

Re: Ok then

Apr 25, 2019, 9:28 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My hopes are that he, being a jounger,

Apr 25, 2019, 9:32 AM

and not one of the few triggered ones, can find humor in this and it at least will give him a small chuckle in an otherwise very stressing moment. Laughter is the best medicine right?

I do care about the shitheads of the jounge, and for that, I hope all of your mom's ####### feel better, whereever they may be.

"and not one of the few triggered ones"

Apr 25, 2019, 11:22 AM

DON'T ASK ABOUT FLEECE IN JULY

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude

Apr 25, 2019, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Ok then ]

Nice

######.

Apr 25, 2019, 9:23 AM

Sorry to hear this, and unfortunately, I know the feels. It's been a little over 4 years since cancer took my mom, at 64 years old. I say this with all sincerity: #### CANCER.

Let me know if I can help with any...advice, or whatever. There's no easy answers, besides cherishing the time you have left with both of your parents.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

####

Apr 25, 2019, 10:00 AM

all my thoughts and prayers to you and your family

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I appreciate it, but Greenr could probably use them a

Apr 25, 2019, 10:01 AM

little more right now. But I know what you meant.

Re: FULL DISCLOSURE FRIDAY

Apr 25, 2019, 9:38 AM

Very sorry to hear this man...

Apr 25, 2019, 9:41 AM

it sounds like a very tough situation. All I can say is the idea of "planning for the worst and hoping for the best" worked well for me with my Dad passing 2 weeks ago....with "well" being a very relative term here.

I will pray for you mother and your family.

well crapola. Prayers for your Mom and whole family.***

Apr 25, 2019, 9:47 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SERIOUS POST IS SERIOUS

Apr 25, 2019, 9:48 AM

My mom is having pretty good luck with an experimental immunotherapy treatment at Emory in Atlanta. They were able to stabilize the tumors, then go in and surgically remove some. Still dealing with it, and the host of other issues that come with cancer, BUT DO NOT WAIT AROUND. GET IN SOMEWHERE ASAP. Even a week can make a huge difference.

I have mixed feelings on Emory, they've done some great things, and they've really ###### some things up. MD Anderson in Houston, TX is great, IF she can/is able to travel.

Here's going to be the tough part for your family with your dad not doing well...Someone has to stay on top of the doctors. They WILL wait until she's about to die to go into 'oh ####' mode and try to find a solution. We had a doctor who wanted to just put my mom in hospice to wait to die, that was 3 years ago. We wouldn't accept that as an option, and miraculously they were able to do things they had been saying they couldn't for months.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rooting for you guys too.

Apr 25, 2019, 10:29 AM

Sorry you mom’s having to fight right now as well. But I’m glad to hear she’s having some success.

68 is very young

Apr 25, 2019, 9:51 AM

I hope she can beat this disease but I understand how you feel and the possible outcome. Be positive for your Mom and talk to her as much as you can.

Most of us only have one Mom and it is difficult to think how it may be without her being around. I was very lucky for my Mom to almost make it to 92 and even then she left this earth too early for me

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

go all moms and pops***

Apr 25, 2019, 10:00 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All my thoughts and prayers to your family my dude***

Apr 25, 2019, 10:01 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m sorry y’all are having to deal with this.

Apr 25, 2019, 10:26 AM

Love ya man and what you provide here on the interwebs. I’ll be rooting for your mom, your dad, and your entire family during this tough time.

Ts & Ps main.

Apr 25, 2019, 10:44 AM

Dass rough right there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Moms are special people man. Sorry to hear this***

Apr 25, 2019, 11:02 AM

I dont' think I vibrate.

Apr 25, 2019, 11:20 AM

I can pray and I shall. I pray for your parents and all the family. I've lost both parents and I understand.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can unload on me anytime

Apr 25, 2019, 11:52 AM

Best wishes for your mom, your dad, and the rest of your family.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope she kicks cancers ###***

Apr 25, 2019, 11:59 AM

Prayers for your mom,

Apr 25, 2019, 1:50 PM

and family. Hope she can kick it's ###.

#### dude. Ts and Ps to you and yours.

Apr 25, 2019, 4:32 PM

I hate that for you, dude.

xoxo

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Prayers brother Greenr!***

Apr 25, 2019, 5:34 PM

Godspeed to all of you sir! As I've always said cancer is a bastage!*

Apr 25, 2019, 5:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 35
| visibility 697
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic