Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ok so the vote comes down to the ACC for the new playoffs.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Ok so the vote comes down to the ACC for the new playoffs.

Jun 1, 2012, 5:40 PM

Pac12 Big10 want conf. champs vs sec Big12 want top 4 teams, guess who has the vote to sway? That is right the ACC. If they don't vote in favor of the sec and big12 then they have a plan in place to destroy the ACC.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Swoff

Jun 1, 2012, 5:42 PM

Will vote for UNC

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ok so the vote comes down to the ACC for the new playoffs.

Jun 1, 2012, 5:43 PM

then maybe Clemson could cut their own deal with the SEC,

I'll vote your way for an offer to join the SEC,

I would put it out there and see what happens

The conf champ should only make the Top 4 if they are ranked

Jun 1, 2012, 5:43 PM

in the Top 5 or 6 in my opinion. That way you ensure that you don't allow a 9-3 team in the playoff to protect the meaning of regular season games.

My problem with that

Jun 1, 2012, 5:50 PM

Is that rankings can (and are) manipulated by voters to get the games they "want". I'd much rather have a system that errs on the side of letting a team that might not be as deserving in over one which keeps a deserving team out. Any sane system would give every team that plays in the division a clear chance to win the title, and that means giving them a path to the playoffs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the goal is find the "best" team. I just think the

Jun 1, 2012, 5:57 PM

best team is generally ranked in the Top 3. Very few times in history could you argue that #4 should've been ranked #1.

Often times, however, you could argue who deserves to get that number 2, 3, or 4 spot. This year was a perfect example.

I just think you take the top 4 ranked teams, but if you want to reward a conf champion, then I wouldn't have a problem with it if they were ranked in the top 5 or 6.

Re: The conf champ should only make the Top 4 if they are ranked

Jun 1, 2012, 6:06 PM [ in reply to The conf champ should only make the Top 4 if they are ranked ]

That don't make the best of sence b/c. Some teams have harder scheduals than others in the same conference.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You forgot the "Bwahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa."***

Jun 1, 2012, 6:00 PM

null

Top 4 teams works for me, but they can't be from same conf.

Jun 1, 2012, 6:07 PM

A conference should only be able to send one team to the 4 team playoff. That's because the ratings are too subjective. Such subjectivity can cause a bias towards certain conferences (refer to the non-games of the century in 2011).

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like that better than only conf champions for sure but I

Jun 1, 2012, 6:12 PM

wouldn't be opposed to simply the top 4 teams.

4 best teams regardless of conference. Most everything in

Jun 1, 2012, 6:19 PM [ in reply to Top 4 teams works for me, but they can't be from same conf. ]

in life is subjective. If Boise St. wins their conference championshp, should they be included in lieu of a 1 loss Clemson team ( who lost by a p!ss poor ACC ref call)

Ridiculous - take the 4 best teams.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SEC doesn't want conf. champ in playoffs, they want 4

Jun 1, 2012, 6:15 PM

best teams regardless of conference. The ACC would be foolish not to agree with the SEC, so I think they will. Therefore, the ACC actually helps the SEC fight off the B1g's position that only a conference champ should play.

I think the ACC is safe, at least for a couple of years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 1, 2012, 6:17 PM

I like the idea of conf. champs simply because I think it would make for some interesting matchups, upsets, etc. I mean, how many Alabama/LSU games does anyone want to see?

...to be honest, this would probably produce some embarrassing blowouts too... but a few of those would be worth it to see the occasional Texas Tech or Boise St. upset of the mighty SEC champ.

If the SEC teams do not like the idea, maybe they should change conferences. They should take the bad with the good.

Whatever votes wins out this time, it should only be good

Jun 1, 2012, 7:36 PM

for 3 years to see if the voting is fair or is it slanted to one conf. or another if they vote to take the top 4 teams.

if they vote to have conf. champs then if a conf. gets in with a 3 loss team ranked out of the top 10 then that could be changed later

I'm in favor of the top 4 teams but I think only one team from a conf. if all the conf. champs are voted in the top 8 teams in the nation. If a conf. champ is voted out of the top 8 then take the other 3 conf. champs and the next top team.

but if someone like Boise St goes undfeated they should be given a shot over any 2 loss conf. champ regardless of the votes. If a conf. champ has 1 loss then go by the voting and rankings.

Only 1 team from a conference is not fair to the SEC

Jun 1, 2012, 7:47 PM

max two from same conference works best.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It NOT ALL ABOUT THE SEC, even though the SEC thinks it is

Jun 2, 2012, 8:18 AM

the SEC should not get more than 1 team in, it would be like last year

why does everthing have to revolve around what the SEC wants or whats best for the SEC

Jun 1, 2012, 7:48 PM

All of the conferences and Notre Dame have a vote as well.

exactly.... conference champs it will be

Jun 1, 2012, 8:34 PM

Everybody will gang up against SEC/b12 imo. Not sure why B12 is even supporting this model.... they arent above getting screwed with their 10 team league.

How are they going to "destroy" the ACC?

Jun 1, 2012, 9:16 PM

Send up some Alabama rednecks?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ACC has as much pull as a 80 lb weakling***

Jun 1, 2012, 9:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I saw all those ads when I was growing up .....

Jun 2, 2012, 9:23 AM

they didn't always turn out badly.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I saw all those ads when I was growing up .....

Jun 2, 2012, 9:46 AM

Destroy the ACC by taken Fsu, Clemson, Va Tech, Miami, Ga tech and etc.
It is clear that the SEC thinks they can have 2 teams in the playoffs every year. Especially with espn on their side. Why would a recruit not want to go to the sec and play when they will have all the power.
One team per conference should go to the playoff!

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic