Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ok let’s be honest
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Ok let’s be honest

Oct 27, 2018, 4:36 PM

Who else was a little worried in the 1st quarter, when the offense was a little rough, and FSU looked like they might be able to move the ball a little. 0-0 at end of the quarter.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ok let’s be honest

Oct 27, 2018, 4:37 PM

Never really worried but figured a 17-10 kind of game

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2018, 4:39 PM

Me. But I am always apprehensive about every game until Clemson is ahead by 3 TDs. Just the way I’m built.

Actually, I started to relax once we led 35-0! lol***

Oct 27, 2018, 4:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2018, 4:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Ok let’s be honest ]

Hell I usually don't even relax when we are ahead by just 3 TD's because refs are giving other team 'feel sorry for you calls' and then it seems like we have turned off the gas sometimes in the past which led those silly calls to coming back to bite us.

But after TL got that dirty hit, I saw an INSTANT change in intensity and I knew it was over.

Oct 27, 2018, 4:54 PM

Yep, we were sleepwalking until FSU D followed orders and went headhunting when presented with the opportunity.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Oct 27, 2018, 4:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Ok let’s be honest ]

This !! Also, I can handle the stress better at the game, then on tv. Go figure.

More like disappointed that 1st and 2nd drive issues...

Oct 27, 2018, 4:41 PM

... Had not been resolved.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2018, 4:42 PM

Yes, I was feeling stressed. Then TL started doing tge things he does and felt much better. However, I am still concerned about the offense getting the run game going despite the passing game heating up.

Yes & No..

Oct 27, 2018, 4:47 PM

since i was happy to be watching the game live while choking down a large custom-made pizza & cold strong whisky drink..

but was getting pizzzed over O stuttering!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes & No..

Oct 27, 2018, 9:09 PM

after the whisky, perhaps it was you getting pizzzed and stuttering. lol

Oct 27, 2018, 4:45 PM

I was never worried about winning. I was worried about how we would play.

Oct 27, 2018, 5:47 PM

Yes, especially with young men coming off of a blowout last week. For us, the key to every game is more about what we do, than what our opponent does. For many teams, it's the opposite.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Oct 27, 2018, 4:47 PM

This was not Our Church of the Worthless Miracle...We withstood the adrenaline rush...and then a prudent man would have hedged his bets,,,,

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I Relaxed At 59-3....

Oct 27, 2018, 4:54 PM

From that point on I thought" OK we got this " .

Oct 27, 2018, 4:51 PM

Not knocking the offense, but we should be used to it. Slow starts with this offense goes back many years. Also, even as talented as TL is, it's going to take time for him to get to the point where he is relaxed right out of the gate. A stage of this magnitude is still new for him. He will gain more confidence with each start, especially as the development of QB-WR relationships progresses.

Oct 27, 2018, 4:57 PM

Thought we greedy on the first dirive when took the long shot for a TD and then didn’t convert for first down. Two bad punts later we let them flip the field on us. Was starting think we were getting FSU’s best shot and we were in for a close game.

Oct 27, 2018, 4:55 PM

I wasn't worried. The first quarters have been mostly competitive all season. Keep pounding and things work out.

Oct 27, 2018, 5:43 PM

Not me, games are a marathon, not a sprint. And while I don't usually say things like this, FSU is a team who lost to a team that lost to ODU (VT).

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Oct 27, 2018, 5:46 PM

I dint like that we couldn’t get the run going. Kept going to the inside handoff and FSU stuffed it almost every time. That kep putting us behind the chains.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2018, 9:14 PM

It was starting to look like a punters duel - which we can't win. I had faith that the FSU defense would not be able to maintain the 1Q intensity because they are talented, but not deep.

They were never going to move the ball consistently.***

Oct 27, 2018, 9:24 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic