Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ok . . . I've held this in long enough . . .
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,602

Ok . . . I've held this in long enough . . .

Mar 13, 2019, 10:57 PM

I've never bad mouthed Brad . . . It's true, I've never openly supported him either . . .

But driving from cotton gin to cotton gin in central NC, listening to our Tiger's first half, I about tore the roof off of my F-150 when Brad put Thomas back into the game with about 5 min remaining in the half . . .

Thomas IMMEDIATELY threw an elbow and received his 3rd foul WHICH CHANGED THE WAY Brad had to coach the remainder of the game . . .

That one inexcusable substitution lost the game. That was the straw that broke my back towards Brad.

Whatever the BOT and D-rad do with our coaching situation is beyond my opinions or concerns . . .

all I can say is . . . If they choose to do nothing, they are telling us they are content with mediocrity . . . They are happy with commonplace . . . the motto they will be feeding us is, "Passable Is Standard".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So it's Brad's fault for putting Thomas back in?

Mar 13, 2019, 11:17 PM

And not Thomas's fault for picking up a foul?

(or, not the ref's fault for calling yet another B.S. foul on Eli?)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

There’s always a grey area when the onus falls on the coach

Mar 13, 2019, 11:23 PM

Or player. Glad I don’t have to decide...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Correct!!!

Mar 13, 2019, 11:40 PM [ in reply to So it's Brad's fault for putting Thomas back in? ]

Brad knows Thomas . . . and his propensities . . .

Thomas never should have seen the court for the remainder (~5 min) of the half! PERIOD!!!

Sugar coat it any way you want . . .

Re: Ok . . . I've held this in long enough . . .

Mar 13, 2019, 11:31 PM

I suppose both of you could argue your point but imo skeeta is right. The game couldn’t be won or lost in the first half. Even with the possibility of him getting a ticky tacky foul was a real good probability. No upside. It changed the total strategy of the game.

CBB even admitting as much in his presser afterwards. He said every t o in the second half for the team to get in the paint. They couldn’t do it. We had nothing to stop the downward spiral and grab mo back.

That’s all on the coach. Had it been the first blunder call he’d made this season would be forgivable. Unfortunately, it’s a pattern.

I’m cool with the bot keeping him. If they do, I’ll wait for baseball to start. Fortunately with Dabo, football don’t end in November anymore.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ok . . . I've held this in long enough . . .

Mar 13, 2019, 11:37 PM

Doesn't matter if you have bad mouthed or supported Brad. It is incredible you picked this as a tipping point. You can find other and better reasons to not hold it any longer.

Did you listen to the game or see it? If you saw the game you would realize Thomas had a off game. He rushed shots, got 5 second violations, made bad decisions and put himself in silly foul situations. Also, I believe Thomas was called for two charges that weren't charges, but acting jobs. He was called for two touch fouls that shouldn't have bee called.

Yes, Clemson has not performed well enough this year and many other years in the past, and found ways to lose too often this year in close games.

I believe Brad is a good coach but not a good enough recruiter. I can find fault with some of his coaching, but more with unfortunate luck, not good enough players' performance and terrible/biased officiating. Brad and Clemson are too easy and do not call out the officiating. Until we get a better recruiter and AD/coach with some guts Clemson will continue to get the shaft.

If we are fortunate to get in the big dance this year I predict we will win a game or two because the officiating will be better and fairer - just like last year until we played Kansas and the officiating protected the historical darlings of basketball.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,602
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic