Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think it is great that Jeff Scott has agreed to coach
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

I think it is great that Jeff Scott has agreed to coach

Dec 10, 2019, 5:25 AM

Clemson in the Playoffs while also assuming responsibilities in Tampa. My only concern is that he may get caught looking ahead to the Bethune Cookman Wildcats and not be fully focused on our game(s). I hope I am wrong about this.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think it is great that Jeff Scott has agreed to coach

Dec 10, 2019, 5:33 AM

That is the elephant in the room. USF fans hate Bethune Cookman. That game will make or break Coach Scott's tenure in Tampa.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2019, 5:33 AM

Are you really that concerned?

Dec 10, 2019, 5:34 AM

why else would I be poasting about it at 5:00 Am?

The good news is you’re always wrong....

Dec 10, 2019, 6:18 AM

So I wouldn’t worry about it much.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Dec 10, 2019, 6:45 AM

Voice of experience:

Mark Richt was hired from FSU to be HC at UGA. FSU was playing Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl for the National Championship. Richt stayed with FSU and coached through the bowl game. He and Bobby Bowden came to an agreement on how he would divide his time (game planning and coaching vs. preparing for UGA - recruiting and hiring coaches).

It didn't work out well at all. Worst offensive performance in years for FSU. OU won 13-2. Many FSU fans have still not forgiven Richt, blaming him for the loss.

My take on it: How much of a factor was Richt's divided loyalty? Some, I'm sure, but not the cause for the loss. Other factors were more important. OU was an outstanding team. Our best receiver, Snoop Minnis, was not eligible for the game due to his own stupidity.

Another distinct advantage y'all have - Elliott. You have co-offensive coordinators. Elliott and Scott will work together very well, I'm sure.

If I were y'all I'd be mildly concerned, but after thinking about it, move those conerns from mild to "only very slightly."

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2019, 8:21 AM

I agree with you there. If it wasn't for the "co" coordinators, then I can see the issue a bit more.

The other side, it isn't the first time that Clemson has lost a coordinator, just the first in a while - see 2014. Now Morris left completely and Scott/Elliot stepped up to deliver the first domination leading up to the current run. That was the 2014 40-6 against Oklahoma which might have been the BEST coaching job before a bowl by any Clemson group. They made Cole Stoudt MVP worthy.

The other side is that a 4-8 team will get mentioned all through Dec and January. Smart move for Scott there.

Dec 10, 2019, 6:49 AM

and I can see Jeff being able to multi task.
Good luck JS

Go Tigers.....

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Dec 10, 2019, 6:53 AM

I hope Jeff Scott doesn't look past Texas. That's who USF opens with. I realize Bethune Cookman is a huge game, but Texas may sneak up on USF if they aren't careful.

Dec 10, 2019, 6:53 AM

Probably just a sarcastic post but imo I really don’t like it. Not the fact he can’t do both but it’s a major distraction for the players...,you’re talking about 18-20 year olds that look at him like a father figure.

Better for them to get their emotions over with this week and then both move on. I know, even though Clemson is different... it may be because they’re so much of a family atmosphere that it even hurts worse.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, you said it gurl!***

Dec 10, 2019, 7:08 AM

Re: Oh, you said it gurl!***

Dec 10, 2019, 8:08 AM

Difference is Scott is not a journeyman coach like Kiffin or Richt. He is first a Tiger and would not stay on if he was not "All In"

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2019, 8:14 AM

Actually, it is a brilliant move.

At 4-8, USF will not have any presents during bowl season. Now, they will get a mention every time Clemson is mentioned.

That is TWO bowl games worth of exposure for Scott. You know they are going to mention that as much as possible.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic