Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Oh the humanity! Covid-19 now killing sea turtles!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,837

Oh the humanity! Covid-19 now killing sea turtles!

May 26, 2020, 7:57 PM

https://www.politico.com/states/california/story/2020/05/22/california-environmentalists-fear-plastic-tableware-will-become-dining-norm-1285630

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oh the humanity! Covid-19 now killing sea turtles!

May 26, 2020, 8:14 PM

when they have a vaccine, we could release orange balloons covered with vaccine because sea turtles can't stop themselves from eating balloons.

oh, never mind. they don't get covid, they just can't stop themselves from eating plastic forks either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

At least you're thinkin'.

May 26, 2020, 8:18 PM

Unlike most people.

You do realize, people aren't thinking

May 26, 2020, 8:59 PM

Because, no toilet paper! Right? Cause...and effect!?!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You do realize, people aren't thinking

May 26, 2020, 9:32 PM

You misspelled "stinkin'."

Re: At least you're thinkin'.

May 26, 2020, 9:15 PM [ in reply to At least you're thinkin'. ]

I was surprised to read an article the other day posted on some national media site (ergo, it must be true...!) that after extensive testing and analysis, the CDC itself has determined that the odds of contracting the virus (not the disease) off a surface of virtually any material you handle are less than, or equal to, your odds of winning the mega lottery. Now, if you might scratch your eye, pick your nose, or pull a hair out of your teeth - all bets are off. The virus lasts less than a day on s'stl and hard plastics, but up to three days on cardboard and paper surfaces. Apparently, it likes porous materials better (no surprise), but even so, contraction through the skin via osmosis is virtually "impossible". The greatest deterrent is washing your hands as frequently and often as possible (and I'll leave any political references out of that one.) Sorry for the rant, I'm just relating what I heard/read and expressing a personal opinion. Now, back to my scotch, and

GO TIGERS!!!

May 26, 2020, 11:12 PM

The CDC, which supposedly can not be wrong, also estimates the most likely Corvid mortality rate to be less than 0.4% overall now.

And only 0.05% for those aged 0-49. Whoops.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/planning-scenarios.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

May 27, 2020, 8:31 AM

That 0.4% fatality rate is the CDC's estimate for symptomatic cases of COVID-19. If you consider the CDC also estimates that around 35% of all infectious are asymptomatic, the total infection fatality rate under the CDC's "best estimate" scenario drops further to around 0.26%. That can still add up to a lot of fatalities (about double that of the flu) if we have a lot of infections but this thing is not nearly as deadly as put forth by the early modeling and the agenda driven fear mongering media.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 26, 2020, 9:21 PM

~JKB

May 26, 2020, 9:22 PM

Lol!!!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,837
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic