Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Oh hey look at that, Kentucky and Duke are ranked
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1,249

Oh hey look at that, Kentucky and Duke are ranked

Sep 24, 2018, 9:34 AM

while TAMU isn't. It's almost like I pointed out something was off about the polls last week and people argued because they wanted to believe TAMU was a great team...

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/If-TAMU-wasnt-playing-Bama-this-week-do-you-24064835#24064835

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

How many times was the aTm OL called for holding v. Bama***

Sep 24, 2018, 9:54 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I don't know, how many?

Sep 24, 2018, 9:58 AM

According to the box score, TAMU was penalized 4 times for 50 yards and Bama was penalized 9 times for 82 yards.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I don't know either...

Sep 24, 2018, 10:35 AM

but I do this it's fair to say that if their OL had not been allowed to hold so much against Clemson, the game would not have been nearly as close.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Oh hey look at that, Kentucky and Duke are ranked

Sep 24, 2018, 9:55 AM

TAMU will be ranked again. It’s pure rocket science young grasshopper.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I pointed out the polls were meaningless

Sep 24, 2018, 10:01 AM

15 years ago.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Please provide a link to your post 15 years ago. TIA***

Sep 24, 2018, 10:10 AM

Crump deleted it, along with

Sep 24, 2018, 10:21 AM

me 1st three user id's

I wasn't the cool and calm , sophisticated poster back then.

don't recall most of the drunken rants back then, but I do remember being banned for posting reggie herring's fat #### gets his defensive schemes from the bottom of a burger king bag.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

How convenient...***

Sep 24, 2018, 10:30 AM

KYU being ranked shows how strong the SEC is.

Sep 24, 2018, 10:03 AM

Duke being ranked shows how weak the ACC is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Sep 24, 2018, 10:05 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Sep 24, 2018, 10:20 AM

I wonder where Kentucky and Duke would be ranked right now if they played Clemson and Alabama in their first 4 games?

I wonder where A&M would be ranked right now had they played Army, Northwestern, Baylor, and NC Central?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL, Army just went on the road to the #5 team in the

Sep 24, 2018, 10:29 AM

nation and took them to OT. They actually had it won in regulation until a costly turnover. Duke beat that same Army team by 20 points. I think it's safe to say that Army would beat TAMU by 1 point if they played at TAMU.

TAMU still has Kentucky to play so we'll find out who wins head to head. But as of today, Kentucky has beaten both ranked teams on their schedule and TAMU has lost to both ranked teams on their schedule.

Re: LOL, Army just went on the road to the #5 team in the

Sep 24, 2018, 10:39 AM

Now that’s comparing Apples to Apples Right there. Wow !

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2018, 10:47 AM [ in reply to LOL, Army just went on the road to the #5 team in the ]

Army nearly pulled it off, but for starters, that costly turnover you mention occurred on 3rd and 14 where Army as an option team that barely throws the ball ended up having to throw it, and ended up throwing an interception. That doesn't change the fact that they nearly knocked off Oklahoma, but the way you worded it makes it seem like they had the game all wrapped up before making an unexpected turnover. I think anyways that's more of a reflection on Oklahoma, and probably of them not being used to seeing the option that it is a reflection of Army being a super awesome team.

Regardless though, I think we both agree that Kentucky and Duke would be 2-2 and unranked had they played Clemson and Alabama so far.

Also, in the topic you shared from last week, you were arguing that A&M didn't deserve to be ranked, and only were to boost Alabama's resume. I don't see how A&M dropping their 2nd game of the season to a team ranked in the top 3 proves that A&M didn't deserve to be in the top 25, and I fail to see how it proves they aren't as good as Kentucky or Duke. I still say A&M deserved to be ranked last week because they took the #3(#2 at the time) team in the country right down to the final seconds of the game.

I personally wasn't saying A&M is awesome because honestly it's still too early to say how they'll end up, but I just didn't have a problem with them being in the top 25 before last week because their loss to us was just as impressive as any win any other team had up to this point of the season. For all I know, they may end up going like 4-8 this season, but that doesn't change anything based on how they looked at the point of the season after playing us.

Sep 24, 2018, 10:51 AM [ in reply to LOL, Army just went on the road to the #5 team in the ]

BTW, just to be clear. I have zero problem with Kentucky or Duke being ranked where they are right now, and have zero problem with A&M not being ranked. I just didn't have a problem with A&M being ranked last week, and also have zero doubt that Kentucky and Duke would be 2-2 as well had they played Clemson and Bama. I just don't see how A&M losing to Bama this past weekend proves that A&M didn't deserve to be ranked in the first place.

ya know who's 2-1 but NOT ranked this week???

Sep 24, 2018, 12:19 PM

thats right....the chickens.

Do they give out rings for "Also Received Votes"???

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ya know who's 2-1 but NOT ranked this week???

Sep 24, 2018, 12:46 PM

Sure they are.

A Fighting Clucker fan would tell you they're ranked #32.

Wait, I thought ALL $EC teams get to claim

Sep 24, 2018, 12:54 PM [ in reply to ya know who's 2-1 but NOT ranked this week??? ]

UAla's and UGa's ranking. I'm confounded.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Replies: 18
| visibility 1,249
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic