Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
1967 & 1968 Clemson vs. Alabama Highlights
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 3,110

1967 & 1968 Clemson vs. Alabama Highlights

May 4, 2018, 12:22 AM

I stumbled across some highlights of Clemson vs. Alabama from 1968 narrated by Paul "Bear" Bryant. He's very complimentary of Clemson and Coach Frank Howard. This video even has a mention of Danny Ford.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0l73e816-s

Here's the highlights from the 1967 game in Death Valley. Bear Bryant says they were lucky and that Clemson deserved to win the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76gRF9419ro

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

I was on the sidelines for that 1967 game, as a member

May 4, 2018, 5:42 AM

of our cheerleading squad and got to meet the "Bear" after the game.

It was a big football weekend with Bama in town and dances scheduled in the cafeteria.

This was also the game of a memorable exchange between the coaches: Howard to Bryant: "Bear, if I was coaching your team, I would have won this game." Bryant to Howard: "Frank, if I was coaching your team, we'd be national champs!"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, for a FG kicker who could hit a chip shot.

May 4, 2018, 11:54 AM

Missed two ... lost by 3 points.

Probably the most painful loss in all my Clemson experience (and I was only 17 at the time).

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oh, for a FG kicker who could hit a chip shot.

May 4, 2018, 9:51 PM

I was 13 years old and jumped the wall pregame. Got Stabler’s and the Bear’s autograph on my program.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 1967 & 1968 Clemson vs. Alabama Highlights

May 4, 2018, 6:32 AM

Having attended my first game as a 7 year old in 1983, it is weird to see us without the paw on our helmets. That looks like a Chicago Bears "C". Great find! The video is great quality for its age.

I bet this place went nuts when they

May 4, 2018, 6:48 AM

changed the C to the Paw

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Re: I bet this place went nuts when they

May 4, 2018, 7:00 AM

Yep, tnet blew up. All the experts said it was going to ruining clemson!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you know if Game Day was there?***

May 4, 2018, 8:14 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

It was called "Gain Day" in those days: if

May 4, 2018, 2:03 PM

we gained more than three yards, we partied like it was 1959................just sayin'.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2018, 9:33 PM

A banner in the endzone advertising The Drifters and The Platters I assume for a dance or big band show. Sorry I missed it.

May 5, 2018, 8:16 AM

I stumbled upon a couple of old games searching for information on single wing football. Found 2 Tennessee and Clemson games from the 40’s. Dead time between plays was edited out....great games! Their focus was on the action only, so I could not tell where the games were played. I’ve searched again trying to find them with no success.

Replies: 10
| visibility 3,110
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic