Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Offensive Questions
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 902

Offensive Questions

Sep 30, 2019, 1:31 PM

I understand I am by no means in any place to question Clemsons coaches given the success they have had. But I am wondering if anyone on this board may be able to provide me some clarity. There are a few things I’ve noticed that are boggling my mind:

-I’ve noticed we seem to be determined to rush the ball between the tackles. Even when the defense is clearly loading the box. I get that a good rushing attack can help balance the offense, but why don’t we take what the defense gives us. Why don’t we take speedy, hard to tackle Etienne around the end on stretches or tosses where he can really showcase his talent, like the big Louisville run he had freshman year.

-Going along with that. When the defense is clearly bringing a pass rush/blitzing linebackers, why do we seem to NEVER attack the middle of the field? I could probably count on one hand the number of slants I’ve seen throw to the middle of the field. No drag routes either. Everything seems to be thrown to the boundary or over the top of the defense.

-This goes with screens as well. The only “screens” we run are quickly thrown wide receivers screens to the flats. We don’t ever seem to wait and throw to a RB behind the blitz coming from the middle.

Again. I’m probably in no place to question our OCs, but maybe someone can help explain why we don’t do these things.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Offensive Questions

Sep 30, 2019, 1:39 PM

I can't answer all of your questions but the ETN run that you referenced from his freshman year was also called to be an inside run. He said after that game and the coaches confirmed that he missed the whole and just headed for the sideline instead. It worked well but it wasn't called.

Re: Offensive Questions

Sep 30, 2019, 1:40 PM

Ah yeah, you’re correct. I had completely forgotten that Elliot said he bounced that outside on his own decision. But yeah, I still don’t get the lack of runs outside of the tackles.

Replies: 2
| visibility 902
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic