Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Offense creativity Hasn’t Been There Since
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Offense creativity Hasn’t Been There Since

Sep 2, 2018, 2:32 PM

DW4. Not saying anything negative about our current guys because we have the best wr corps I’ve seen at Clemson. I love our running backs and believe Galloway has an incredible career here.

Just hope we can get back to opening it up a little. Not a fan of Oklahoma, but I love the creativity that Lincoln Riley has there. I remember telling a bama fan he had a very good play calling mind when he was at ECU

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you watch the play calling the past 4 years?

Sep 2, 2018, 2:35 PM

We ran a very vanilla offense the majority of the season, even with DW. Then when the post season rolls around we open it up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

yeah we should have opened up the whole playbook

Sep 2, 2018, 2:41 PM

for Furman.

Score should have been 144-0

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: yeah we should have opened up the whole playbook

Sep 2, 2018, 2:43 PM

Could’ve had a lot of good blitzing opportunities on defense too!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: yeah we should have opened up the whole playbook

Sep 2, 2018, 2:57 PM

Actually wasn’t referring to yesterday, was referring to tamu, FSU, NC State.

We’ve got some horses now (shouldn’t have said that, leftists will be all over it) get them in space and let em’ do their thing. Bash me all you want but we didn’t do that last yr.

My 12 yr old son knew the plays we were going to run last yr. He would call it and then we would run it, my wife laughed all yr.

Just like the Lort and Minister Stewart intended!

Sep 2, 2018, 6:44 PM [ in reply to yeah we should have opened up the whole playbook ]

He wanted 123-0. But 144-0 would have been more glorious!

~JKB

We shouldn't need "creativity" against an FCS school

Sep 2, 2018, 2:43 PM

What the offense needed was proper execution. We should be able to announce the play to Furman at the line of scrimmage and they still shouldn't be able to stop us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

We should AT LEAST be able to...

Sep 2, 2018, 2:55 PM

run the ball successfully against Furman’s 1st team DL from the very first snap of the game. The fact that Furman was EVER able to blow up our OL and stuff the run is an ominous sign.

Gotta get that shyatt fixed RIGHT AWAY.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Offense creativity Hasn’t Been There Since

Sep 2, 2018, 4:55 PM

yea right we should have opened up the whole playbook against Furman so Jimbo and Texas A7M could better prepare.

jimbo has coached against

Sep 2, 2018, 5:05 PM

us countless times..he knows what scott and elliot are bringing on offense and he knows what venables is bringing on defense

Sep 2, 2018, 6:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Offense creativity Hasn’t Been There Since ]

It will be interesting to see how it evolves as the season progresses. I personally worry about the OL the most. But with TL and the talent in the skill positions, they (OCs) should be able to get creative on offense. If not, we will struggle when we shouldn't.

Sep 2, 2018, 5:07 PM

Last time the offense was really creative was back in the Boyd years.

Sep 2, 2018, 8:36 PM

The one thing that I feel like has been severely neglected since Boyd left is hitting WR's in stride. Even with DW I felt like we ran a ton of outs, digs, curls, and comebacks. It's kinda odd because DW's QB play was great and our WR's generally don't have trouble getting separation. I know these are safer plays but when a CB does make a play on them it's much more likely for a pic6. I don't feel it uses our WR's to their maximum potential.

Maybe it's just me and it just doesn't feel like it's happening as much but I swear it seemed like Boyd could hit Sammy streaming across the middle 8 times a game with no issue but we've gone away from it. It's like we removed some of the high lvl big plays from the playbook.

We throw in the occasional wrinkle or 2 like for Ohio St

Sep 2, 2018, 5:17 PM

in the semifinal a couple years ago, but the offense has honestly been pretty vanilla since about 2013.

Re: We throw in the occasional wrinkle or 2 like for Ohio St

Sep 2, 2018, 6:39 PM

Yes, I wasn’t trying to be negative. With the weapons on offense, I’d like to see them open it up a little as the season goes on. I believe Trevor has the skill set and the weapons around him are ridiculous.

Brent gets creative all the time on defense, I’m just saying with what is on the offensive side it would be fun to see a little creativity. If you’ve got bamas OL from the last few years by all means just line up and run it. We don’t have that OL unfortunately.

Welcome Newby!***

Sep 2, 2018, 8:38 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic