Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Off season goals other than QB and RB........
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Off season goals other than QB and RB........

Jan 3, 2018, 7:59 AM

1) Get Tee Higgins in the weight room and bulk him up. You can see that the coaches want him to be the 50/50 type guy that MW was and that makes sense, he's tall and has great speed. He could be that guy but he will have to get stronger and more physical. He should be the feature guy as Cain will most likely leave.

2) Amari Cooper gets more reps in the Spring. He's more physical than Ray Ray and looks like he's ready to take over AScott's place on jet sweeps and very well may relegate Ray Ray to punt return duty and back up CB

3) OL - just get more nasty and keep recruiting the better players. I think part of the lack of nastiness is the influence of the OL coach who, if you've ever met him, is a great guy but maybe not the most intense coach you will find. Lining up and playing DL like we have and FSU and the top tier of the SEC takes physicality and Dabo knows that and is trying to improve the personnel. Developing quality OL takes time and we are getting there, needed Cade Mays to go along with Carmen but at least we got Carmen.

4) Get Belk and Jeffries ready to play DT in the fall. I think both are a step above Huggins and Robinson. Also consider having Tre Lamar put his hand in the dirt at DE and allow him to drop in coverage. He's big, smart and physical. Get Skalski more reps, he's ready to play more and can be the Bouleware type inspirational leader.

5) DBs will be better with more offseason work; more pure talent than ever before on the back end.

6) Get the freshman kicker ready

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Off season goals other than QB and RB........

Jan 3, 2018, 8:29 AM

Amari Cooper AKA Amari Rodgers....Cooper is in the NFL and played for Bama a few years ago

Hopefully we upgrade at the TE position.*****

Jan 3, 2018, 8:31 AM

Huegel returns too.

Jan 3, 2018, 8:33 AM

Also, Spence looked good at the end of the year. I realize Potter is supposedly a freak kicker. I am just saying I feel good with all of them.

Jan 3, 2018, 9:19 AM

Rodgers will get PT but not over Ray ray. Ray Ray does need to turn it up field on those sweeps tho. Gonna be interesting to see if Cain returns.

Jan 3, 2018, 9:48 AM

I do not think Caldwell being a good guy and not acting like Saban is the reason we lost the game. I do think beating Miami like we did and beating Bama last year may have made the guys over confident though.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#3 should be #1...weakest part of our game Mon night***

Jan 3, 2018, 12:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2018, 12:12 PM

I LOVE AR but he’s not gonna relegate RRMIII to punt return lol. RRMMIII has similar frustrating moments to Cain, but he’s a gamer and will start next year

Entire offense needs some things cleaned up

Jan 3, 2018, 12:27 PM

OL needs to get meaner. Inserting Carman, Dehond, Bockhurst or Cervenka will help add some nastiness. These guys need to be challenged on a personal level. Insult their momma or something.
WRs need to block and get separation better. Cain, Renfrow and McCloud need not to be in together on screen plays. They cannot block well enough for each other.
RBs (specifically ETN) need to get lined up pre-snap better for pass blocking and be more physical in blocking.
TEs need to exist.
QB needs to get better pre-snap of lining up RB, TE and diagnosing blitzes. If it is KB, he specifically needs to work on his pocket presence. Other than that and the pre-snap stuff, he actually didn't play that bad.

On top of that, the play-calling has got to be less predictable. Ben Boulware needs to be brought in as an analyst. Put him on the scout team defense and let him see if he can call out every play just by formation. I would bet he'd get it right >50% of the time, which is unacceptable.

I do think that all of this will improve this offseason just by virtue of players gaining experience. This team was crazy young and way overachieved this season.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic