Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
From AJC - On Justin Fields - He was nothing of consequence.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 4,753

From AJC - On Justin Fields - He was nothing of consequence.

Oct 14, 2018, 5:04 PM

And then there was – and remains – the issue of Justin Fields. He took a few snaps as quarterback, none memorable. He carried once for three yards. He threw no passes. He wasn’t a weapon. He wasn’t really a change-up. He was nothing of consequence. “Look, there’s no fear in letting Justin go into the game and play quarterback and throw the ball,” Smart said, prompting the obvious question: So why, with Fromm reeling, didn’t he?

https://www.ajc.com/blog/mark-bradley/after-lsu-sobering-question-georgia-really-that-good/tCQmt77koVE14yaju9xsIN/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, the Dawg people talk like this guy is better than TL..

Oct 14, 2018, 5:07 PM

but I haven't seen anything on the field to back that up. He looked average at best against LSU.

Re: From AJC - On Justin Fields - He was nothing of consequence.

Oct 14, 2018, 5:09 PM

After Lawrence committed to little ole Clemson, the football Brahmins had to drop him and elevate Fields who was going to SEC University. And they don't care if they look like idiots. The narrative must be preserved.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Fields Will Get A Chance.....

Oct 14, 2018, 5:34 PM

To look at the Heisman and the Natty ring that TL has at his house .

NO...if it were to come down to JF or TL...

Oct 14, 2018, 7:20 PM

...ESeCPN will ALWAYS take JF REGARDLESS of statistics...PERIOD! Anybody But Clemson is their motto.

The Heisman has become an Albatross of award. I was of the opinion that DW4 should have declined the 2nd invitation to NY, as it was so obvious that the award had been decided in week 2 for LJ jumping over DB.

But TL sounds like he has his head on straight, and couldn't care less about that award.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

FWIW, only ESPN had him rated higher than TL***

Oct 14, 2018, 5:51 PM [ in reply to Re: From AJC - On Justin Fields - He was nothing of consequence. ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course...

Oct 14, 2018, 5:53 PM

because like snowflakes E$ecPN is required, no matter how stupid it make them look, to walk the party line.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Of course...

Oct 14, 2018, 6:37 PM

what are you even talking about?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2018, 6:02 PM

Great article ..... nailed it!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is it reasonable to think they didnt play him bc

Oct 14, 2018, 7:35 PM

LSUs D was dominating and they didn't want to bring a true FR in to be dominated? It wasn't an ideal scenario for 1st meaningful playing time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Opponents were 3-11 in

Oct 14, 2018, 7:46 PM

The SEC, before yesterday. Now, one of those teams from the 3-11 crowd beat Auburn...Florida beat the team that smacked them yesterday...and KY awaits the chance to lube the puppies up, too! Hmmm...just....hmmm....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Soywalker: Agree LSU would have ate him up too but in the 4th qtr

Oct 15, 2018, 7:28 AM [ in reply to Is it reasonable to think they didnt play him bc ]

what did they have to lose? they were already getting their butt kicked up and down the field so what if he makes a mistake and they get beat by 27 instead of 20? At least he gets some good experience with adversity. No better teacher and way to find out how he responds. JMO

Message was edited by: Orange®

Oct 14, 2018, 8:10 PM

It's a little early to say I told you so to the Georgia lovers on this board. How the mighty have fallen.

Their defense is still inconsistent. just like last year, but less experienced and talented. I have been preaching it since last year. Nobody tested their defense until they played OK and Bama and we all know how that turned out.

I love how the AJC is ripping the dawgs coaching. I really don't agree that a win against ND means that much.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2018, 2:13 AM

Good read. Thanks for sharing. I love the Surrender Kirby photo!!

Replies: 13
| visibility 4,753
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic