Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Observations on CFP Committee Rankings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,448

Observations on CFP Committee Rankings

Nov 26, 2019, 11:24 PM

1) It's about viewers and national TV ratings. Duh. Capitalism is at play.
2) Committee is trying to push off Bama. OK by me. Their goal is to freshen up playoffs, and Bama-Clemson is getting stale for teams & fans outside Bama and SC.
3) Committee is positioning for Clemson-LSU winner to play Ohio St. This is ideal for ratings and Buckeyes over perceived west coast weak sister Utah is desired. Ohio St has the fans and viewers.
4) Committee will cringe if Clemson-Utah make finals.
5) I see Clemson then LSU as the favorites. If UGA somehow knocks off LSU, then hello Clemson-UGA and Ohio St-LSU.
6) If LSU wins SEC, then Bama is still hanging around ready to make their case that the Pac-12 and Big-12 suck. But again, these conferences and fan bases are ready to tune out. Stand by for appeasement.

Go Tigers! Like most of you I like our chances ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Observations on CFP Committee Rankings

Nov 27, 2019, 12:20 AM

I pray that the committee does something really off base that will cause college FB to do something, what ever that will cause the fall of the NCAA as we know it to be, or at least shake them to their core and force them to make changes in the way they're running and ruining college sports into the ground!!!

We all know that it's years past time that the NCAA be made to answer for their backhanded favoritism biases. When UNCheat got away with all the in your face cheating that had been going on for years and years with no more than a light slap on the wrist, I thought that firing from the top down of the NCAA should have happen then, but nothing, not even a part time NCAA employee was fired. Not even an attempt to right that unjust system that we call the NCAA!!! They make so many changes in college sports every single year that is going to ruin college sports, mainly FB, and they do nothing about the mass cheating that the FBI has to come and make arrest just to slow it down!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2019, 12:35 AM

I don't disagree with a lot of what you are saying, but what does that have to do with the CFP Committee? I think the OP was pretty much spot on with his assessment.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2019, 3:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Observations on CFP Committee Rankings ]

The CFPs are not part of the NCAA. Football is the only sport the NCAA does not sanction a national champion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,448
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic