Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Observations
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Observations

Nov 25, 2018, 7:45 AM

Like many on this board I am a bit upset with the way the secondary played last night. I watched the game again and made note of the crazy plays and questionable calls by the refs throughout the game.

I normally do not say much about the refs in games as the calls largely even out throughout the game. Not sure the calls went both ways last night.

The offensive pass interference call in the 1st half was an absolute joke. Took a TD off the board for us. The pass interference call on Turner in the 2nd half was a joke as well. Been watching football for 30 years and never heard of disconcerting signals.

Not at all sure what Muse was doing on their 3rd TD. He saw the ball going to the streaking receiver and he arrived in time to make a play on the man but tried to swat at the ball. If he plays the man he would have made the tackle at the 30.

Another blown coverage on deebo for his long TD. Nothing spectacular by deebo, we just did not press him at the line of scrimmage. We didn't press hard enough at the line all night IMO.

Safeties need to look in the mirror and realize they are the problem. I thought for the most part the DBs played fair throughout the night. If they had help from the safeties it would have looked even better.

Our scheme is going to have to be adjusted going forward. The passes over the middle reminded me of the shuttle pass from Pitt 2 years ago as we were not prepared for it and did not adjust to it very well during the game.

I for one and glad that we have arrived to the point where we are upset by a poor performance because we have come to expect so much more. We are 12-0 and just beat our rival for the 5th straight time. We didn't play well defensively which will really help us going down the stretch. We needed the defense to get exposed a bit so we know where we stand going into the playoffs. Safe bet the defensive coaches were watching tape last night and planning for the next game and that there will be some scheme changes and personnel changes going forward.

In the end, if you take away the bogus calls and total blown coverages we would have beaten the coots 63-21.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree with everything you said. This is the

Nov 25, 2018, 8:08 AM

second game our safeties played poorly, as this game reminded of the A&M game where the Aggies threw for over 400 yards, mostly due to our safeties letting receivers get behind them. Coach Venebles called it “poor eye discipline”. We were definitely guilty of that again last night.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Observations

Nov 25, 2018, 8:09 AM

Yes the refs missed a few calls. Coots had some wrinkles in our D they could exploit same as Pitt a couple of years ago. Our DBs played poor fundamentals throughout the night. Bentley played very well and their O is solid.

I think many fans overlook the fact that we are undefeated in the regular season for the 4th time in our 100+ year history and won five straight against the coots for the first time in 70+ years. Yes we have things to work on but let’s not throw the baby out with the bath water

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Their offensive game plan was no secret

Nov 25, 2018, 8:13 AM

I read prior to the game that Muscoot planned to exploit holes in our defense with mid range passes over the middle. I just assumed that someone on our staff would see it too. Maybe it’s my fault for not forwarding my Facebook research to Coach V?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, although you let me down with your failure

Nov 25, 2018, 8:35 AM

to set Coach BV straight, I'll defer scathing opinion to the next half.

DON'T do it again or I might have to sic Frances Marion on you...and I hear she can be a real b.... lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic