Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Obed Ariri
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Obed Ariri

Nov 2, 2017, 2:41 PM

Make a game saving tackle on an NC State return in the Valley back before Global Warming. Classic.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Obed Ariri

Nov 2, 2017, 2:53 PM

I played during the Obed era. He used to pad up his arms on kickoffs and go down field with a vengeance!! He was a funny guy to talk to.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2017, 2:55 PM

Obed

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Nov 2, 2017, 3:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Obed Ariri ]

For those that may not know, he came to Clemson from Nigeria on a soccer scholarship. Charlie Pell "borrowed" him from the soccer coach and never gave him back. He loved the Death Valley experience over the successful, but not nearly as exciting soccer experience.

The best was seeing him out on the town with the Bostic brothers. He wasn't much bigger than one of their arms. From time to time he would disappear behind one of them. He was a great kicker for us and a cool guy.

He is here on Tigernet, would be nice to get him to do an

Nov 2, 2017, 3:08 PM

AMA

@Obed

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Still remember OBED's go ahead FG just b/4 half in game with Woody's Buckie's

Nov 2, 2017, 3:43 PM

b/4 we intercepted near end to preserve big win 17-15.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, good memory my friend.

Nov 2, 2017, 4:06 PM

I recall asking Bubba Brown "Is Charlie ok" and Bubba said "He is ok, Obed, Woody hits like you do".

Jah bless

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes, good memory my friend.

Nov 2, 2017, 10:15 PM

I remember your 50 + yard fg to beat UVA. Not sure if that was your longest, but it was ridiculously long.

i dont know how you remember so well with all the rum

Nov 2, 2017, 4:49 PM [ in reply to Still remember OBED's go ahead FG just b/4 half in game with Woody's Buckie's ]

I know who I want to be when I grow up.

Nov 2, 2017, 4:52 PM

I was hoping this post would indicate that he still has some eligibility left, and would be with us this week.

Nov 2, 2017, 4:53 PM

He came down to one of our rugby practices in the Spring, just to watch. We got him to come out and try some kicks with the rugby ball. He could drill it from the opposite 25meter line, which was about an 80 yarder given our goal posts are in the center of the tri-zone. All we could pay him was beer, to leave the football team. He wouldn't go for it. Great guy!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The first orange-pants game...

Nov 2, 2017, 4:57 PM

... against Carolina in '80, Obed wore orange socks. Orange head to toe. Quite a site.

I was barely in 1st grade when Obed was kicking for us

Nov 2, 2017, 9:10 PM

One of my favorite parts of the game was watching him warm up. The ball seemed to shoot like a rocket from midfield at the goal posts slow and then fall softly over the crossbar.

On a personal note -- as I was apparently hard of hearing, I misunderstood the lyrics to Boston's "More Than A Feeling" and thought they were singing a song about "Obed Ariri". I even called the radio once and requested the song.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Re: I was barely in 1st grade when Obed was kicking for us

Nov 2, 2017, 10:19 PM

Lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic