Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Obama says Gun Supporters "willfully lied" in defeating
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 78
| visibility 2,175

Obama says Gun Supporters "willfully lied" in defeating

Apr 17, 2013, 6:38 PM

the Background Check bill - now that is irony for you.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Being a politician, he should be familiar with the concept..***

Apr 17, 2013, 6:43 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Obama says Gun Supporters "willfully lied" in defeating

Apr 17, 2013, 6:44 PM

Ha ha ha. +1! (if TNet it takes it from my iPhone)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2013, 9:02 PM

Brilliant reply. Our congress is less than worthless---and that includes habitual lying.

Apr 17, 2013, 6:46 PM

what he refuses to say is what all these "background checks" cover!!!!!!! all transfers between individuals prohibited!! I could not even give my grandson the hunting rifle I bought for him!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh no.. What a shame..

Apr 17, 2013, 6:49 PM

Take him to buy a gun.. big deal

It is a shame...I have one of my Grandfather's guns...It

Apr 17, 2013, 6:59 PM

would be a shame if I couldn't pass it down...

Where have you seen that there would not be an exception

Apr 17, 2013, 7:22 PM

for family members.. Other than your NRA lying nutjobs..

Obama's plan stated that Congress's plan should "go beyond just closing the “gun show loophole” to require background checks for all firearm sales, with limited, common-sense exceptions for cases like certain transfers between family members and temporary transfers for hunting and sporting purposes."

The plan before the Senate simply did not apply to family transfers..

Point to ONE source that says that what was in front of the Senate would change your ability to give a gun to children beyond the NRA puppets.

Heres another quote for you to digest as well..

Apr 17, 2013, 7:26 PM

The Manchin-Toomey compromise takes a much more common sense approach by requiring background checks only for commercial transactions and exempts family gifts and transfers.

But no.. you see your NRA lies, and take them as fact.

Can you list any NRA lies... or do you just swallow that

Apr 17, 2013, 8:20 PM

line wholesale without ever worrying about it?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was specifically talking about an NRA lie......

Apr 17, 2013, 8:25 PM

Follow along.. The NRA stated that the bill would criminalize private family transfers of weapons.

If you would like to read that quote in a specific place.. Go google it.. You'll find it very easily

If you would like to read about the individual who co-authored the bill and his response to the NRA "LIE"... enjoy it here:

http://www.ibtimes.com/manchin-nra-lied-about-background-checks-bill-1198559

Re: I was specifically talking about an NRA lie......

Apr 17, 2013, 8:33 PM

U are talking about 2 different bills here and U know it!!thank god for the NRA!!!

For someone so smug, you might want to check this out.

Apr 17, 2013, 9:13 PM [ in reply to I was specifically talking about an NRA lie...... ]

Here is the wording of the letter in questions...

This legislation would criminalize the private transfer of firearms by honest citizens, requiring friends, neighbors and many family members to get government permission to exercise a fundamental right or face prosecution. The NRA is unequivocally opposed to S. 649

Here is the language of the Bill S. 649...

SEC. 122. FIREARMS TRANSFERS.
(a) In General- Section 922 of title 18, United States Code, is amended--

(1) by repealing subsection (s);

(2) by redesignating subsection (t) as subsection (s);

(3) in subsection (s), as redesignated--

(A) in paragraph (3)(C)(ii), by striking ‘(as defined in subsection (s)(8))’; and

(B) by adding at the end the following:

‘(7) In this subsection, the term ‘chief law enforcement officer’ means the chief of police, the sheriff, or an equivalent officer or the designee of any such individual.’; and

(4) by inserting after subsection (s), as redesignated, the following:

‘(t)(1) Beginning on the date that is 180 days after the date of enactment of the Fix Gun Checks Act of 2013, it shall be unlawful for any person who is not licensed under this chapter to transfer a firearm to any other person who is not licensed under this chapter, unless a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer has first taken possession of the firearm for the purpose of complying with subsection (s). Upon taking possession of the firearm, the licensee shall comply with all requirements of this chapter as if the licensee were transferring the firearm from the licensee’s inventory to the unlicensed transferee.

‘(2) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to--

‘(A) bona fide gifts between spouses, between parents and their children, between siblings, or between grandparents and their grandchildren;

‘(B) a transfer made from a decedent’s estate, pursuant to a legal will or the operation of law;

‘(C) a temporary transfer of possession that occurs between an unlicensed transferor and an unlicensed transferee, if--

‘(i) the temporary transfer of possession occurs in the home or curtilage of the unlicensed transferor;

‘(ii) the firearm is not removed from that home or curtilage during the temporary transfer; and

‘(iii) the transfer has a duration of less than 7 days; and

‘(D) a temporary transfer of possession without transfer of title made in connection with lawful hunting or sporting purposes if the transfer occurs--

‘(i) at a shooting range located in or on premises owned or occupied by a duly incorporated organization organized for conservation purposes or to foster proficiency in firearms and the firearm is, at all times, kept within the premises of the shooting range;

‘(ii) at a target firearm shooting competition under the auspices of or approved by a State agency or nonprofit organization and the firearm is, at all times, kept within the premises of the shooting competition; or

‘(iii) while hunting or trapping, if--

‘(I) the activity is legal in all places where the unlicensed transferee possesses the firearm;

‘(II) the temporary transfer of possession occurs during the designated hunting season; and

‘(III) the unlicensed transferee holds any required license or permit.

There is no lie in that NRA letter. If you can actually read it says it will make it illegal to purchase a gun from your friend without a background check. It will make it illegal for neighbors to permanently transfer a weapon without a background check. And MANY family members, cousins, aunts, uncles, etc would not be exempted according to the language of the bill.

Maybe you should stop glossing over your talking points and put on some big boy pants and read something all the way through.

Re: I was specifically talking about an NRA lie......

Apr 17, 2013, 9:39 PM [ in reply to I was specifically talking about an NRA lie...... ]

Before the Manchin-toomey update the original bill wanted to make ALL transfers/sales go through the FFL process, even one just handed down as inheritance.

Either way, the letter didn't lie. Read the wording.***

Apr 17, 2013, 9:41 PM

Re: Either way, the letter didn't lie. Read the wording.***

Apr 17, 2013, 9:50 PM

CSO.....give these folks a break. Theses are the sheeple that support lawmakers who believe magazines can only be used once....that think bullets are manufactured to be "cop killers".....that think it's perfectly acceptable for them to be protected by guards using weapons that us common folk shouldn't be allowed to possess....that think guns should be labeled as "assault weapons" simply because of the way they LOOK. The fact is, they are not very bright, are easily lead and have become incapable of rational discussion or thinking for themselves. Pity them...

Those silly libocrites....

Apr 17, 2013, 8:36 PM [ in reply to Can you list any NRA lies... or do you just swallow that ]

They love to claim the Constitution is a "living, breathing document" and that the 1st amendment covers things like email and text messages....but the 2nd amendment only applies to muskets. Bottom line...the gun grabbers lost this latest attempt to dismantle our constitutional rights....and they will continue to lose these battles. Let us be glad and rejoice in it.

Re: Those silly libocrites....

Apr 17, 2013, 8:39 PM

GREAT POST!!!

Re: Those silly libocrites....

Apr 17, 2013, 8:45 PM

Thanks, Lite. It is so easy to expose the hypocrisy of the left....mostly b/c they just aren't very bright.

Yes thank god we can still shoot our guns

Apr 17, 2013, 8:49 PM [ in reply to Those silly libocrites.... ]

What would we do without them!

Re: Yes thank god we can still shoot our guns

Apr 17, 2013, 8:50 PM

We would be subjects and not citizens...

Do you think the founding fathers

Apr 17, 2013, 8:51 PM

were considering the weapons that exist today?? If your going to bring up this constitutional argument. Look at other sides of it.

Come out to the woodshed with me please....

Apr 17, 2013, 9:00 PM

The 2nd Amendment was included in the Bill of Rights. The entire purpose of the Bill of Rights was to explicitly guarantee certain personal liberties to prevent the government from turning into an oppressive dictatorship. The 2nd Amendment wasn't about sporting, or home defense... the 2nd Amendment was about being able to defend yourself AGAINST the government if need be. The point was that only if people arm themselves, will they represent a permanent deterrent to being enslaved or oppressed, which were very real concerns to the Anti-Federalists.

So if the point of the 2nd Amendment was to deter a bullying government, then whatever weapons are available to the govt, theoretically should be available to citizens. That is a MUCH more extreme position than most gun rights advocates take... but it was the intent of the 2nd Amendment.

Re: Come out to the woodshed with me please....

Apr 17, 2013, 9:11 PM

Spot-on, CSO! Point for you, my learned friend. I'm fairly certain the men who crafted the BOR.....and had just fought a bloody war against a tyrannical govt...were not thinking about squirrel hunters when they crafted the 2nd amendment. Students of History recognize the truth. Brain dead lemmings who get their opinions from the likes of obama and Feinstein are blissfully ignorant.

Re: Yes thank god we can still shoot our guns

Apr 17, 2013, 8:55 PM [ in reply to Yes thank god we can still shoot our guns ]

have U tried to buy bullets????

Tell your government to get rid of nukes if you are so

Apr 17, 2013, 9:16 PM [ in reply to Yes thank god we can still shoot our guns ]

scared of dangerous weapons... oh wait... since the bad guys have them, we need em too right? What a brilliant concept!

Re: Where have you seen that there would not be an exception

Apr 17, 2013, 7:54 PM [ in reply to Where have you seen that there would not be an exception ]

You really love your 'boy Obama, don't you!??!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't think I ever said I was democrat or supported Obama

Apr 17, 2013, 8:28 PM

Point it out if you like.. Thats always peoples insult when they don't hear what they want. It's pathetic

I look at ALL the facts at hand, and don't simply believe whats written out there..

Do people on here believe that the bill that was shot down would have criminalized an action of giving a weapon to a grandson, etc..? YES

Did the bill actually criminalize these actions? NO

Did the NRA say it did? YES

Did the NRA lie? YES

Has nothing to do with my politics, or if I support one guy sitting in a big white house

Re: Don't think I ever said I was democrat or supported Obama

Apr 17, 2013, 8:34 PM

I sure don`t blame U there!! I would never admit it either!! LMAO

You're a leftwing nut. How else is further left that you

Apr 17, 2013, 9:37 PM [ in reply to Don't think I ever said I was democrat or supported Obama ]

worship?

2009_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Where have you seen that there would not be an exception

Apr 17, 2013, 8:09 PM [ in reply to Where have you seen that there would not be an exception ]

obama and common in the same sentences????? LMAO

And would require a background check

Apr 18, 2013, 8:32 AM [ in reply to Where have you seen that there would not be an exception ]

For me to sell a co-worker a gun. Despite the fact everyone I work with holds a Homeland Security clearance that is checked both yearly and randomly. It would add additional cost, up to hundreds of dollars depending on which state, and as someone who has spent the last 20+ years working for and with the government the idea that they wouldn't compile the transaction information somewhere, legal or not, is laughable. At all levels of the government there's a saying that goes " If it isn't written down it did not happen."

Not to mention the fact that there have been numerous studies that shoe background checks have minimal effect on gun violence because criminals don't buy guns that require background checks. A background check would not have prevented Sandy Hook

Pass it down anyway.***

Apr 17, 2013, 8:12 PM [ in reply to It is a shame...I have one of my Grandfather's guns...It ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Apr 17, 2013, 6:49 PM

Joe machin said they lied also (NRA) and he has an A rating.

HAD an A rating...***

Apr 17, 2013, 7:39 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Odd, he seemed to be ok with lying when it came to

Apr 17, 2013, 6:55 PM

the Benghazi issue. Why the change of heart?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

because he was wearing a new suit?

Apr 17, 2013, 6:59 PM

the dry cleaning bill would have been outrageous....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I followed you in an effort to make your avatar

Apr 17, 2013, 7:01 PM

a blatant lie. Obama would be furious with you.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Free Walken!***

Apr 17, 2013, 7:02 PM

Apr 17, 2013, 7:11 PM

It's funny that this administration wants to track
and control guns for millions of law abiding Americans.
The same administration that couldn't track and
control a small amount of guns they sent across the
boarder to Mexico in an under cover operation.

I prefer

Apr 17, 2013, 7:26 PM

dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery- Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson would know about slavery, since he owned...

Apr 17, 2013, 7:39 PM

many slaves.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

say it ain't so, there were slaves in the 17 & 1800s?

Apr 17, 2013, 7:44 PM

who knew?

nasty business, i'm glad the jefferson's were alone in it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That #### Thomas Jefferson.***

Apr 17, 2013, 8:14 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Betcha

Apr 17, 2013, 8:03 PM [ in reply to Thomas Jefferson would know about slavery, since he owned... ]

He didn't have over 300 million like BO.

seriously drop the racism***

Apr 17, 2013, 8:11 PM

How is that comment racist?

Apr 17, 2013, 8:14 PM

It's dumb but not racist.

He is….

Apr 17, 2013, 8:19 PM

projecting his own racism onto someone else. Come on now, you went to Clemson. You should be smarter than this. Someone shouldn't always have to explain the obvious to you.

Sigh

Apr 17, 2013, 8:48 PM

Mayflower, take me away!

So did Washington and Adams as well as all the founding

Apr 17, 2013, 8:14 PM [ in reply to Thomas Jefferson would know about slavery, since he owned... ]

fathers who could afford them.

What's your point?

Since it went over your head…..

Apr 17, 2013, 8:17 PM

I will explain it for you. Be careful who you quote. And don't quote someone bemoaning slavery, when that person owned slaves.

You should be smart enough to have seen my point, without me explaining it to you. It was pretty obvious.

Wait just one second....

Apr 17, 2013, 8:18 PM

You're talking politics on the football board.

TAKE IT TO THE POLITICS BOARD!!!!!!!11

DEAD WRONG……...

Apr 17, 2013, 8:21 PM

I didn't bring up politics in my response. I pointed out a historical fact about the person he was quoting. A well known fact is a fact, not political opinion. Again, you went to Clemson, you should be smarter than this.

Re: DEAD WRONG……... actually... tk... you are wrong.

Jefferson was in no way talking about slavery in this comment. Perhaps... being a smart Clemson guy... you might want to read the comment in context... a letter to Madison.

Here is the link for your benefit.

http://www.monticello.org/site/jefferson/i-prefer-dangerous-freedom-over-peaceful-slavery-quotation

The OP of the quote actually had the intent of Jefferson's quote correct.

Can't be wrong, when I wasn't the person doing the...

Apr 17, 2013, 8:35 PM

misquoting.

Re: Can't be wrong, when I wasn't the person doing REALLY?

Apr 17, 2013, 8:39 PM

Actually... you WERE the person who inaccurately associated the quote with slavery. Which... is... wrong.

Yes, really….

Apr 17, 2013, 8:44 PM

he was the person who put slavery in a quote, not me. I based my comment off of his misquote. Which he was wrong for misquoting.

Thanks for pointing out the misquote though, because you helped show that the use of his quote had nothing to do with the OP, and that it had to do with issues that were going on during the life of Thomas Jefferson and not issues in 2013. So thanks for proving me right.

Re: Yes, really…. no.. not really

With a 2 second search you will easily find the translation of the Latin as used by Jefferson... "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" to be precisely as the OP stated.
Other translations replace the last word with "servitude" and frankly, I like that better.
And so far as centuries old issues being irrelevant... the analysis of Jefferson in his letter is still quite true.
And you are quite welcome to live a life of quiet servitude if you wish.
Thanks... but I will continue to prefer to think for myself... and believe in the relevance of history so that I am not doomed to repeat it.

Tell them Tigerking

Apr 17, 2013, 8:50 PM [ in reply to Can't be wrong, when I wasn't the person doing the... ]

Liberals are never wrong.

I would make a comment about Obama being a liar

Apr 17, 2013, 7:32 PM

but that wouldn't be fair to liars.

He's gonna get us out of Afghanistan!

Apr 17, 2013, 8:17 PM

Cut the deficit in half!
Close down Guantanamo!

CHHHHHHHAAAAANNNNGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Did he join the football team?

Apr 17, 2013, 7:33 PM

If not please move this crap out of the football forum. Thanks.

Take your politics to the politics board…..

Apr 17, 2013, 7:37 PM

Why do you right winger always have to force your politics down people's throat on a forum that has nothing to do with politics? The Tiger Board is supposed to be about Clemson athletics, not your political opinion.

just looking for an anonomous ave. so that the feds

Apr 17, 2013, 7:42 PM

can't track me.

take off the tin foil hat and go to the politics board***

Apr 17, 2013, 7:50 PM

Who made you hall monitor?***

Apr 17, 2013, 8:16 PM

Who made you the shove my politics down other people's….

throats on Clemson Athletic board?

You take things way too seriously.

Apr 17, 2013, 8:40 PM

I'm just ####### with you.

Ok, you got me. I admit it, you suckered me…...

Apr 17, 2013, 8:46 PM

but my original point is still valid. I come here for Clemson athletics, not to hear about politics that I hear everywhere else.

BTW - I never said if I was for it or against it - just

Apr 17, 2013, 7:44 PM [ in reply to Take your politics to the politics board….. ]

found it ironic that Obama would call someone else a willful liar...What are you judging me - u must be a liberal.

Not discussing politics with you, this is a forum for….

Apr 17, 2013, 7:53 PM

Clemson athletics. If you want to discuss Clemson athletics, then I will be happy to oblige. I said nothing about the specifics of your post. I was just pointing out, keep your politics off the athletics board and quit shoving it down peoples throat on something that has nothing to do with politics.

u called me right winger! willful liar u are...***

Apr 17, 2013, 8:58 PM

Hey hypocrite...

Apr 17, 2013, 8:15 PM [ in reply to Take your politics to the politics board….. ]

You do the same thing.

Uh no I don't…..

Apr 17, 2013, 8:27 PM

The only thing that you could consider political, that I will speak out on the main board, is racism from other posters. Which is appropriate to speak out against since Clemson has students and student athletes from different ethnicities. So that really has nothing to do with politics, that's just pointing out other peoples ignorance. Other than that (which isn't political in the first place) I don't speak out on political subjects on the main board. Once in a blue moon I discuss politics on the politics board. But definitely not here on the main board.

so, who will be doing...

Apr 17, 2013, 8:15 PM

the background checks on all the thugs and criminals that have ilegal or stolen guns?

I bet everyone of us could get a gun in our hands in as little as 2 hrs and some cash.

The thugs and criminals in Washington.***

Apr 17, 2013, 8:19 PM

Apr 17, 2013, 8:42 PM

Shoot, I thought this was a football forum.

Surprising

how he or no one else wants to explain how so many guns were allowed to cross over into Mexico and were given to known criminals how many of them had a back ground check

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2013, 8:59 PM

They did lie. Shame on our worthless congress.

Replies: 78
| visibility 2,175
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic