Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How do we have 2 top 10 wins and this game have any impact
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

How do we have 2 top 10 wins and this game have any impact

Dec 2, 2015, 10:50 AM

on being in the playoffs? Oklahoma is already relaxing while we've got to tape wounds for one more top 10 battle. Clemson's resume is top 4 win or lose this weekend. The system is quickly broken again if any two loss or one loss team is ahead of us. Nobody has more quality wins.

Beat em bad, boys.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right on the top of the list of criteria...

Dec 2, 2015, 10:52 AM

When differentiating among "otherwise comparable teams"

.Conference championships won,
.Strength of schedule,
.Head-to-head competition,
.Comparative outcomes of common opponents (without incenting margin of victory), and,
.Other relevant factors such as key injuries that may have affected a team’s performance during the season or likely will affect its postseason performance.

Re: Right on the top of the list of criteria...

Dec 2, 2015, 10:58 AM

I've been saying that all week.

ESPiN is proving they have no sec bias this year.

Dec 2, 2015, 11:03 AM

They aren't about to tell a Big 12 team that they have to be undefeated to even be considered for a playoff seed.

This was agreed upon by the conference commissioners and they all agreed to split the money and let the schools work things out on the field.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OU ought to be more worried than Clemson about this.

Dec 2, 2015, 10:58 AM

If the favorites win their games OU will find themselves out in the cold.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Meaning you predict Stanford would replace OU in top 4?***

Dec 2, 2015, 11:01 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Is it that obvious?

Dec 2, 2015, 11:06 AM

Of course they will. SOS is a big deal and OU has nothing compared to Stanford in SOS. Having a post season matchup with a division winner who is a top 25 team pushes this thing over the top.

I disagree, but we'll see...***

Dec 2, 2015, 11:09 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Beating a team twice in one season is tough.

Dec 2, 2015, 11:11 AM

If SU beats USC we'll see.

We have to beat UNC too... and Alabama has to beat FL

Dec 2, 2015, 11:14 AM

What are the odds that all the favorites win? We may never know this "what-if" scenario.

I've only seen Stanford play once and USC twice.

Dec 2, 2015, 11:24 AM

I think if UF can score a few they might be able to handle Bama but there's a lot of doubt about that. I have no doubt we have the easiest of the three challenges.

MSU or Iowa will take a spot. Bama and Clemson most likely will take their rightful places. If Stanford wins I think they'll take the spot. They have a SOS advantage over ND. They also have played USCw and won, ND lost to USCw.

All that adds up to insurmountable evidence, imo, that Stanford, as a conference championship game winner, is a better team than USCw.

ND beat USCw... and ND doesn't have any shot

Dec 2, 2015, 11:35 AM

Stanford is already ranked above ND. Stanford needs to replace OU in the top 4 (and jump OSU which I think can/will happen).

Stanford has done it before... UCLA twice in 6 days in 2012

Dec 2, 2015, 11:18 AM [ in reply to Beating a team twice in one season is tough. ]

The second game was closer too.

Re: OU ought to be more worried than Clemson about this.

Dec 2, 2015, 11:10 AM [ in reply to OU ought to be more worried than Clemson about this. ]

I think OU is in no matter what happens this weekend.

if Clemson wins it's (1) Clemson (2) Alabama (3) Big 10 Champ (4) Oklahoma
if UNC wins it's (1) Alabama (2) Big 10 Champ (3) Oklahoma (4) Stanford [if they beat SoCal]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have you two learned to use the eye test.

Dec 2, 2015, 11:12 AM

I need to works on that.

Re: Have you two learned to use the eye test.

Dec 2, 2015, 11:28 AM

no, just that the big 12 is a better overall conference than the pac 12 this year -- baylor, tcu, okst, ou all were highly ranked in the last few weeks; nobody other than stanford and utah(incredibly overranked) were there from the pac-12. i think it would require stanford to blow out usc to overtake ou -- doubt that blowout happens.

in the end, the speculation over who is 2-4 isn't as important as the Tigers winning this weekend to retain number 1. let the "geniuses" in the committee slot 'em and let the Tigers slay 'em!

the field needs to be 24 teams like the FCS field, a true playoff bracket with top eight seeds earning first round bye, remaining 16 play head to head in wk 1 and then it's a 16 team three week tournament which finishes two days before the FBS championship.

Have a lot of concern about Saturday's ACC Championship, a Clemson loss will leave us out in the cold (even though if it were a last second, one-point kind of loss I think it should only drop us to say #4 -but it won't because we won't have a conference title). Hope the Tigers come to play, the last couple weeks haven't been overly encouraging with the turnovers and inability to stop runs up the middle. heels seem to be playing solid ball so it will be a good test. A Tiger win should leave no doubt who is #1.

Last year no champ game hurt big 12

Dec 2, 2015, 11:00 AM

This year out is helping the big12 thanks to nd.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Seems ND helped the ACC and PAC more than...

Dec 2, 2015, 11:10 AM

it helped anyone else. ND is a top ten team that's lost a game to us and Stanford. I'm not understanding how ND helped the Big 12.

If nd beat Stanford. . They more than likely take that

Dec 2, 2015, 11:16 AM

4th spot. Big 12 one loss team gets left out again . Nd losing a 2nd game made it that much easier to throw big12 winner in.

An undefeated acc team would be in over 1 loss teams.

Nd helped Clemson get to number 1 and in the 4 teams sooner, but 13-0 Clemson would be in with or without nd.

Ii agree it helped Stanford but I just don't see them jumping Oklahoma with 2 loses.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Lose early and you're OK, lose late and you're screwed!***

Dec 2, 2015, 11:17 AM

Timing of loss. No conference champ. That would be the

Dec 2, 2015, 11:24 AM

reasoning anyway. Oh, almost forgot, the "weak" ACC.

Now if they deny us because we happen to lose in a conf champ game and then let tOSU in, we'll have a legitimate beef. So would UNC.

Of course this is all academic since we're going to win on Saturday.

dont be surprised if OU gets dropped some

Dec 2, 2015, 11:33 AM

The committee should treat OU like the Tarheels and treat them as essentially skipping a game as worse than playing an FCS team

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: dont be surprised if OU gets dropped some

Dec 2, 2015, 12:05 PM

obviously they don't see it that way as OU is in top 4 and tar heels are 10th. OU won't drop out, they are a conference champion (of a better conference than the ACC in the committee's view) and played a stronger schedule than unc.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic