Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OT Question about kids....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

OT Question about kids....

Nov 20, 2016, 6:41 PM

My middle child is pigeoned toed. Is there anyway to fix this before it gets to late? He just turned 8 last month. We are taking him to the doctor next week to see what he says. Any of you guys out there have a child like this or can give any advice?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OT Question about kids....

Nov 20, 2016, 7:23 PM

My niece was severely pigeon toed when she was under 1 1/2. When she was held her feet went pigeon toed real bad. But once she really started walking then it seemed to correct itself. Seriously. When she was your kids age it looked like a handicap but when she started walking, really walking everywhere, then it just went away. She is 17 now and walks perfect. When you brought this up was the first time I thought about it. It will be fine and your kid will be fine. I promise. I'll pray for them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2016, 9:41 PM

My brother had the same issue at the same age around 8 or 9 years old and the more he walked it corrected itself. He went on to play high school football and walks fine now. I will keep your son in my prayers as well. Also we we're in church our whole lifes and the whole church would pray over him from time to time. Power of prayer works!

Nov 20, 2016, 9:41 PM

Lives**

Nov 20, 2016, 10:03 PM

Pediatrician perspective for you. Being pigeon toed is very common in the first few years of life but generally improves markedly by age 3 or 4. If it persists beyond that, and particularly if the child is frequently tripping while walking or running, it should be evaluated further. The most common cause at age 8 would likely be femoral ante version (inward rotation of the thigh bone). If it is mild, it will typically correct itself over time. If it is more severe, then sometimes physical therapy or, worst case scenario, surgery might be recommended. But the first step is seeing your pediatrician to determine if the problem is originating in the femur or the lower leg and then getting an orthopedics referral if one is needed. Good luck!

Nov 20, 2016, 11:25 PM

I am glad you was able to give just as much info as the rest of us. Very reassuring when a dr backs up us simpletons. Most of the time it's horsecrap from a dr unless your sitting in the office and they have to worry about big brother.

Kudos!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2016, 10:18 PM

I was pigeon toed pretty bad growing up. I remember going to the doctor when I was in about 3rd grade and getting a special insert to go in my shoes. Don't remember if it worked but it went away in my early teens. It never slowed me down any. There wasn't a sport I didn't play or a bike or skateboard I didnt ride. From the little bit I remember about going to the doctor he seemed to focus on my shin bones, like they were the issue. Looking back it seemed like my family was concerned and other kids would ask me why my feet turned in but i never seemed to care. It was like they saw a problem I couldn't see and sure didn't care to let it bother me. I honestly didn't mind it.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic