Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OT: 1984 Clemson Grad now a 4 Star General
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 3,480

OT: 1984 Clemson Grad now a 4 Star General

Oct 28, 2016, 7:19 PM

This week a 1984 Clemson grad became a 4 Star general making him the highest ranking officer to come out of Clemson.

General John "Jay" Raymond, a Clemson University 1984 Administrative Management major assumed command of US Air Force Space Command. He's in charge of protecting the United States in the heavens above in space and below in cyberspace. So the next time you are watching satellite TV, using GPS or the internet or worried about incoming ballistic missiles, just a know a Clemson graduate is taking care of all that.

http://gazette.com/colorado-springs-is-home-again-to-new-head-of-air-force-space-command/article/1588648

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why does this not have 29 thumbs up yet???***

Oct 28, 2016, 7:22 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Leading the other generals in

Oct 28, 2016, 7:42 PM

C-L-E-M in cadence count

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Leading the other generals in

Oct 28, 2016, 7:46 PM

Actually he was singing the Air Force song but that was I thought of as well when I saw the pic. Having met numerous military officers, I know we have a lot who are Tiger fans.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More: Clemson Grad leading Navy Research

Oct 28, 2016, 9:28 PM

More Clemson grads in high places (civilian side) - Walter Jones at Office of Naval Research (ONR). He has been there for several years. Three degrees from Clemson.

http://www.onr.navy.mil/About-ONR/Leadership/Walter-Jones-Executive-Director.aspx

Message was edited by: arlingtonVA®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unless I'm mistaken

Oct 28, 2016, 9:53 PM

He has a BMW with VA Clemson plates. I saw him Wednesday afternoon as he pulled into the BX parking lot as I was leaving. As he and the family got out of the car I called "Go Tigers" to him and got the same in return.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OT: 1984 Clemson Grad now a 4 Star General

Oct 28, 2016, 11:44 PM

As I said in another post, Jay was my roommate. We both went into the AF through ROTC. He graduated in '84, me in '85. I retired as a Colonel 2 years ago, but Jay is going strong as the first 4-star in Clemson history! He will be at Military Appreciation Day (Syracuse) on 4 Nov. His Son Garry (6'6 HS Junior Tight End) will be there as well. Garry is a huge Clemson fan and will be on the field for the game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 3,480
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic