Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question about OSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Question about OSU

Nov 28, 2018, 10:03 AM

I know they had a bad L but how can the committee justify having Michigan in the top 4 with 1 L and then OSU beat them by 20+ while having 1 L but not put OSU in the top 4? TIA. I know we hate OSU but take that out of your opinion please.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question about OSU

Nov 28, 2018, 10:24 AM

I don't think Oregon State or Oklahoma State has played Michigan this year, so I'm just a little confused.

Nov 28, 2018, 10:27 AM

Do you think Purdue should be ahead of Ohio St. They beat them.I think Ohio St. was 10th prior to beating an overrated or one bad day of playing Mich.They jumped four spots. It will all work out in the end.

Nov 28, 2018, 10:31 AM

Does Purdue only have 1 L??

Nov 28, 2018, 10:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Question about OSU ]

Weather you think Michigan was overrated or not the committee had them in the top 4 with 1 L. OSU beat them by 3 TDs and they only have 1 L.

OSU is not legit IMO.

Nov 28, 2018, 10:32 AM

I’m sure if Oklahoma wins or Bama loses the committee will see it the same way. If they do get in they won’t win it. People tend to argue over who should or in the past tense should’ve gotten into the playoffs but the reality is for the committee to produce an uncontested national champion which they have done every year since the playoff started. UCF would not have beaten Bama last year and anyone with a reasonable amount of football knowledge knows that. None of the teams who have been left out in the past would’ve won it either and I have absolutely no reason to think it will be any different this year. Let’s also be honest here. Any team that gets blown out by a mediocre team has no one to blame for not making the playoff but themselves.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OSU is not legit IMO.

Nov 28, 2018, 11:37 AM

I do think it would be nice to expand the playoffs to 6 teams though. That way ucf can get smacked in the mouth and all the non power 5 guys will shut up. The 1 and 2 seeds get a bye the first week. Then 3 plays 6 and 4 plays. After that 1 plays the lowest seed still remaining while 2 plays the other. Oh and no automatic bids because just like this year and last year PAC 12 doesn’t deserve a seat at the table.

You're focusing on one piece of data and ignoring all of the

Nov 28, 2018, 10:38 AM

rest.

Re: You're focusing on one piece of data and ignoring all of the

Nov 28, 2018, 10:50 AM

Why would you have Oklahoma ahead of them??

Re: You're focusing on one piece of data and ignoring all of the

Nov 28, 2018, 11:29 AM [ in reply to You're focusing on one piece of data and ignoring all of the ]

OSU has a D ranked over 50 spots ahead of OU while their Os are ranked 1 and 2.

Depends what source you use

Nov 28, 2018, 11:55 AM

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaa

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/fei

http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/teamratings/_/tab/efficiency

Re: Depends what source you use

Nov 28, 2018, 12:12 PM

I'm just going total O and total D. I'm sure OU may be ranked ahead on D is some metrics.

a buckeye is just a molded nut. That is all.

Nov 28, 2018, 10:41 AM

And they are 0-3 against our Tigers.

Michigan's L came to undefeated ND @ ND in week one

Nov 28, 2018, 10:43 AM

giving them plenty of time to climb back into playoff contention, and an excuse for the loss.

Ohio State's L was being blown out by unranked Purdue, and happened just a few weeks ago.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Michigan's L came to undefeated ND @ ND in week one

Nov 28, 2018, 10:53 AM

Yes but OSU has a better W than OU or UGA. So a better L is more important than a better W in ur eyes?

Nov 28, 2018, 12:00 PM

The UGA thing will sort itself out Saturday. Oklahoma didn’t get blown out by an unranked opponent or have poor showings for a good portion of the season either. The committee will see it the same way.

A Purdue team that is now 6 - 6...

Nov 28, 2018, 11:04 AM [ in reply to Michigan's L came to undefeated ND @ ND in week one ]

They were also incredibly lucky they didn't lose to Maryland.

Of course, some days it's better to be lucky than good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Nov 28, 2018, 11:39 AM [ in reply to Michigan's L came to undefeated ND @ ND in week one ]

Heck don’t forget about the MANY nail bighters ohio state has been in this year as well.

when in doubt...eye test

Nov 28, 2018, 10:51 AM

it's all BS.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I actually watched 3-4 OhSt games this year and watched them get dominated on both LOS

Nov 28, 2018, 10:58 AM

by inferior teams. To their credit, they won the games, but Minn, Purdue, and Nebraska all pushed the Bucknuts around the field and all had the chance to win the game.
That doesn't include narrow wons against Maryland in OT or a 1 point win over Penn St.

In short, the Buckeyes are the worst 1 loss team from a power 5 conference I have ever watched play. I hope we get to play them in the CFP... it would make our last meeting with them look respectable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: I actually watched 3-4 OhSt games this year and watched them get dominated on both LOS

Nov 28, 2018, 11:02 AM

You may be right but if OSU played their A game they are as good as any team besides Clemson or Bama. They have the skill and players to ND, OU, and UGA. They showed against Michigan how good they can be.

But they didn't play their "A game" most of the year

Nov 28, 2018, 11:19 AM

So I can only go by what I see. Mich conversely looked like a top 5 team until they got trounced by OhSt. If you're not going to play you're A game all year, you better go undefeated doing it.

I'm not sure what you're agenda is here. I gave you a thoughtful response based on actually watching games. Unless you really think that the only variable to account for in seeding teams is where those 2 teams are ranked, expecting OhSt to jump into the top 4 simply because they beat a top 4 Mich makes no sense.

I would prefer to play OhSt over Bama, UGA, OK, ND, and UCF. For me, that says enough about OhSt and their seeding.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: But they didn't play their "A game" most of the year

Nov 28, 2018, 11:33 AM

I just do not get how OU is ahead of OSU. OU has a D ranked 111th in the nation. They both have really good Os. OSU is top 60 in D. It's not like OU has had a way harder schedule.

So who would you prefer Clemson play in semis: OK or OhSt?

Nov 28, 2018, 11:37 AM

By leaps and bounds I'd take OhSt.
My guess is if you say OhSt its because you only watched them play Michigan this year.

null

Re: So who would you prefer Clemson play in semis: OK or OhSt?

Nov 28, 2018, 11:43 AM

I watched them play Purdue, TCU, Michigan, Mich St, Oregon St, and Maryland. I have watch OU play Army, Texas, West Virginia, Okie St, Texas Tech, and Iowa St. I would much rather play OU. I believe we beat either one but we would score on OU like we did Usuck from what I have seen. OSU has a decent D atleast. Both have great Os with OU being slightly better.

Fair enough, I stand corrected! I guess to each his own.

Nov 28, 2018, 12:13 PM

I know OK gets dinged because of D. We applaud teams with stout Ds and a functional offense. Why doesn't the same benefit of the doubt apply with a stout O and a functional D? And yes, I would put OKs offense well above OhSt offense... but that's just my opinion.

null

Re: But they didn't play their "A game" most of the year

Nov 28, 2018, 11:38 AM [ in reply to But they didn't play their "A game" most of the year ]

I do not think it is all that matters but having a better win should mean much more than having a better L imo.

They played that "A game" pretty much once all year...

Nov 28, 2018, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Re: I actually watched 3-4 OhSt games this year and watched them get dominated on both LOS ]

and were dang lucky they didn't lose to Penn State, Nebraska and Maryland.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Nov 28, 2018, 11:23 AM

Look at total body of work. tOSU has often looked like a hot mess.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2018, 11:27 AM

The Big 10's reputation from their recent playoff shut outs is haunting all Big 10 contenders.

The CFP committee gave Big 10 champion Michigan State the spot in 2015, and State got shut out by Bama in the playoff. The next year, the committee changed it up by denying the Big 10 champion the spot, and gave it to OSU who appeared to be the best team in the Big 10. Then OSU got shut out 31-0 by our Tigers.

Meanwhile, the yankee morons in the Big 10 continue to squawk about how their conference is "the best" when that is demonstrably and factually wrong.

Needless to say, the Big 10 has embarrassed itself multiple times in recent years when given the benefit of the doubt, so the committee is hesitant to do that again with the Big 10.

Thei loss to Purdue is a major eye sore

Nov 4, 2022, 6:58 PM

It will work itself out, but I think the big ten gets left out again if Bama, Clemson, and OU win. I believe OU would jump to 4, although I say give ucf their shot (I know their qb is out).

Michigan got there by a weak schedule and narrow loss to nd in the opener. Big 10 gets way too much hype, although I would say better than the acc this year(hopefully not for long).

Anyhow, line em up and let's get this 4th acc crown, and the bigger hardware come January??

Re: Thei loss to Purdue is a major eye sore

Nov 28, 2018, 11:54 AM

Memphis will beat UCF anyways.

Quite possible now that Milton is out, but UCF

Nov 28, 2018, 12:00 PM

did beat them at Memphis earlier in the year. I think UCF was starting to play their best football of the year down the stretch so it's really a shame they lost their star QB. It's going to suck when they play in a NY6 game without him.

Re: Quite possible now that Milton is out, but UCF

Nov 28, 2018, 12:15 PM

Yes it sucks for sure. They lost any chance to make the playoffs with him going down. Should be a good game against Memphis tho. Who knows maybe their backup will be better. Doubt it tho.

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic