Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OSU in turmoil yet again...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

OSU in turmoil yet again...

Oct 16, 2018, 2:48 PM

Looks like OSU's top player and a captain/leader has decided it's time to quit the team. I have never been a fan of the Bosa family nor do I respect them but it's tough to imagine one of our DL doing such a thing to our team..

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24997557/ohio-state-de-nick-bosa-leaving-school-looking-draft

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In fairness...

Oct 16, 2018, 2:56 PM

He hasn't been able to practice or play at all since the injury/surgery and probably wouldn't until sometime in mid November at the earliest, if then.

Under the circumstances, I'm not sure I really blame him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

He is injured and probably wouldn't have played again this

Oct 16, 2018, 2:57 PM

season anyway.

Plus his brother is already in the NFL and is a millionaire.

He will likely be a top 5 pick in the draft.

This is a business decision.

Similar to Christian Mccaffrey skipping the bowl game a couple years ago.

Re: He is injured and probably wouldn't have played again this

Oct 16, 2018, 3:10 PM

Agreed but not similar at the same time because Bosa can play for a national championship McCaffrey didn't. Also agree it's a business decision but I still hate seeing this being done this way in the media instead of "sticking with the team" where the team knows he isn't going to play the rest of the way but he doesn't bring in any unwanted attention from the outside. I know I'm not the one making the decision so I will respect his decision I just think it's a "Bosa" thing to make it about themselves as seen with his dad and brother about their draft.

Re: OSU in turmoil yet again...

Oct 16, 2018, 2:57 PM

Life beyond football, oh wait he is leaving football to prepare for football! it's all part of the master plan! LOL!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2018, 3:29 PM

I don't see this as turmoil, I see it as a smart medical decision by Nick!

Oct 16, 2018, 3:46 PM

If we do not make the playoff, I could see several of our players not playing in the bowl game.

I would be surprised

Oct 16, 2018, 5:17 PM

Given how many came back when they could have got drafted last year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would be surprised

Oct 16, 2018, 5:27 PM

Yup, if not for all the marbles they should sit it out. No need to wreck an NFL career in a meaningless Bowl game, just my opinion.

Oct 16, 2018, 5:36 PM [ in reply to Re: OSU in turmoil yet again... ]

If we do not make the playoff, I could see several of our players not playing in the bowl game.

They are a family. I cannot see any of the guys that are top 2 rd guys, doing that. I cannot see the power rangers skipping out playing one final game together. The eligible guys: Lamar, Mullen, wallace, joseph, the power rangers, Huggins, hyatt, fields, Simmons, renfro, richard, Davis boys, thompson,. Choice,. Sure i missed a couple but , i dont see anyone skipping out

Oct 16, 2018, 4:57 PM

SethSlyy said:

Looks like OSU's top player and a captain/leader has decided it's time to quit the team. I have never been a fan of the Bosa family nor do I respect them but it's tough to imagine one of our DL doing such a thing to our team..

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24997557/ohio-state-de-nick-bosa-leaving-school-looking-draft

sometimes even routine, common, injuries can end a career. What if he rehabs and pushes too hard while getting ready for the draft. The knee is still in weaken state (ive torn MCL in my right knee 3 times) and that puts more strain on the others, ACL, LCL, PCL, and blows another or all (Marcus lattimore) . He then becomes a huge risk and franchises are not chancing top 5 pick money on a guy that may never play a single down in the league. Hope the school and or he/ his family has an big insurance policy.

Would you as a teammate, feel betrayed? They #2 team in the country, could definitely use his leadership, knowledge, technique tips, tendencies of opponents, etc , on the sideline? Motivate, cheer on, mentor his team but he said screw the team. The undefeated, #2 team trying to win a CONF. And NC, and he walks.

Oct 16, 2018, 5:59 PM

That is my point. He could've stayed in school without playing and stayed a part of the team in a different way while training and preparing as it also shows his mental strength to stay committed to the institute that was committed to him. Walking to me shows red flags especially due to the Bosa history when they're drafted early, I get not playing another cfb down but turning your back on your brothers/teammates is what I don't understand as much.

The NCAA is a fraud and this kid is just doing what he

Oct 16, 2018, 5:40 PM

thinks is best for his life. I don't blame him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic