Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brad Senkiw is a Disaster for WCCP
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Brad Senkiw is a Disaster for WCCP

Sep 8, 2017, 12:57 PM

I have listened to WCCP for many many years. I understand many of you complain about the current guys such as Mickey, Zach, Qualk, and Walt. I enjoy them though and like hearing about Clemson sports as well as Walt's overlapping Clemson into the rest of the sports world (btw his shtick is to be self-congratulating and I am okay with that, because it is entertainment). I don't mind hearing Kelly's take on Qualk's wardrobe or that kind of stuff, because it is fun and done in good spirits to segway stories. Ramona, well, it wouldn't be WCCP without her.

On to Brad. The guy has no excitement whatsoever for college football. College football is the most important sport in all of the South. He stated yesterday, that it is because it makes him think of work and stories he will have to write. That is bush league level unprofessional to say on air first of all, and secondly it brings a question of why he would not be excited. My guess is because he doesn't think his team (guess which) is very good. He tries to make a lot of the show about his fantasy football team (like we could care) and avoids being an excited team member of WCCP for the new local football team's season, who just so happen to be the National Champion Tigers. Even Walt, who seemingly has no allegiances whatsoever for Clemson's football team, get's fired up for the start of Tiger football. I don't know. I've never gotten a buzzkill feeling from listening to WCCP ever. Sure, at some times it can be amateur, but it is just a little local rag tag group, and they do a good job with what they have in my opinion. Senkiw throws off the whole mojo and feels like he is there to bring down the excitement of the whole crew and listening audience...right at the peak of Clemson's dynasty years. Probably need to get rid of him. Gamecock Will would have a better show, and would just be straight up honest coot about it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brad Senkiw is a Disaster for WCCP

Sep 8, 2017, 1:05 PM

He didn't mean it like that. He's not saying he doesn't enjoy college football, but it's his job to cover it so he doesn't get to enjoy college games like a fan because he needs to process it and digest it for the station. He enjoys the NFL because he can just watch it and enjoy football as football and if he doesn't know more than a handful of players and which teams are playing every week nobody around the south will care. Nobody cares about the Bengals vs. Steelers in South Carolina unless you grew up a fan of one of those teams or you have fantasy players on your team.

Senkiw is very complimentary of Clemson and honest about the prospects of South Carolina. I understand his former ties to their university but he I don't smell chicken when I listen to him speak. I don't understand the hate for him, personally.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you can ignore or enjoy all that other #########, why

Sep 8, 2017, 1:25 PM

can't you just tune him out too?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OP said he likes football talk and entertainment.

Sep 8, 2017, 1:38 PM

This new guy doesn't talk football and isn't entertaining.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

None of the hosts are entertaining***

Sep 8, 2017, 1:57 PM

Where did OP say he likes football talk and entertainment?

Sep 8, 2017, 2:02 PM [ in reply to OP said he likes football talk and entertainment. ]

The last paragraph is why he doesn't like Brad and the first is how he doesn't mind the other suck@ss hosts

Re: Where did OP say he likes football talk and entertainment?

Sep 9, 2017, 12:23 AM

It may be in there.

https://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1720784

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OP said he likes football talk and entertainment.

Sep 9, 2017, 12:42 AM [ in reply to OP said he likes football talk and entertainment. ]

Bingo!

There is Zero personality, no entrainment, and nothing of interest discussed by Brad.

Sep 9, 2017, 12:49 PM

Spoken by a guy who thought he should have gotten the 9 to 12 slot.

Sep 9, 2017, 1:43 PM

You must have me confused with some one else

Sep 8, 2017, 2:22 PM

Agree 100%. Spot on

It Could Be Worse

Sep 8, 2017, 11:47 PM

James Thurn could still host a show on WCCP. Oppo, Oppo, Oppo!

why not just turn it off?

Sep 9, 2017, 12:09 AM

Or listen to XM84 like I do.

Sep 9, 2017, 3:22 AM

WCCP has officially become unlistenable to me. I used to tune in for Roys show, but I cant find a single segment during the day I want to listen to.
I can read teams schedules myself Mickey.
I don't want to hear about your day Qualk.
I know you think you are the smartest person in the studio Walt - but the only other one there is Ramona.
Brad, I stopped listening to this time slot thanks to Qualk, so I have no snarky comment for you.

Two of these shows are the least prepared radio shows on a daily basis I have ever listened to. The best talent left at the station is Kelly. I would probably tune in for a show with her matched with someone else or maybe she could pull off a show as the sole host. Would love to get someone like Swann.

Sep 9, 2017, 10:59 AM

If I hear Mickey play win game one more time with a schedule I might lose it

Sep 9, 2017, 6:43 AM

I started downloading podcasts to listen to while working in my UPS Truck, it has kept me from listening to WCCP altogether. Dipshitula is an arrogant good for nothing piece of crap in my opinion.

Sep 9, 2017, 7:49 AM

That's his shtick. He's at entertaining and talks sports

How can anyone like Qualk?

Sep 9, 2017, 10:44 AM

I'd rather listen to someone that may sound like an ahole (WD) but at least know what he's talking about. I think Kelly has gotten worse the longer she works with Qualk,like she is taking up his bad habits. Nothing worse than someone that always wants to make jokes but is not the least bit funny.

Re: How can anyone like Qualk?

Sep 9, 2017, 1:56 PM

I love Qualks impressions - they are absolutely the worst I have ever heard. If he was going for an impression of a person trying to do really bad impressions - he would be spot on.

WCCP is total crap. When qualk is the best you got...wow.

Sep 9, 2017, 12:17 PM

That's beyond bad. So immature, unaware of real time dynamics on air. That show is garbage. Really, I can't think of one aspect of wccp that is good.

They are ideal if one only wants to hear about Clemson

Sep 9, 2017, 12:22 PM

football from 6 am until 7 pm.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wrong bud. Things I hear on wccp regularly: palmetto golf

Sep 9, 2017, 12:46 PM

news. Hunting. Fishing...

qualk: anything Midwest related, which causes me to change

Sep 9, 2017, 12:48 PM

stations almost daily

Pacers for example***

Sep 9, 2017, 12:49 PM

Re: Pacers for example******

Sep 9, 2017, 1:01 PM

He even talked IU football the other day... just immature***

Sep 9, 2017, 1:03 PM

I do hear that Palmetto Golf report and sometimes

Sep 9, 2017, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Wrong bud. Things I hear on wccp regularly: palmetto golf ]

Cornbread will call Walt and talk about hunting and fishing.

All Mickey seems to be able to say about golfers heading into majors is that they are good ball strikers.

I also hear the host complain that people complain when they talk anything other than football. This may be a bored and vocal minority.

I think people who come on here and expect the local shows to flow like the ESPN national shows are really looking for too much.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cincinnati reds... ugh. Qualk doesn't get it. I don't

Sep 9, 2017, 12:56 PM

expect national level professionalism. But wccp is really bad. I travel and am always checking out other sports talk radio - wccp is about the worst I've ever heard.

He's just carrying on Dan Scott's tradition of

Sep 9, 2017, 2:56 PM

yapping about the Reds. I do recall back in the 98-03 days some Braves calls being mixed in.

Braves calls make sense. After all, you're in the Braves

Sep 9, 2017, 5:06 PM

market. Qualk yapping about midwestern crap just further illustrates his immaturity as a radio host. He tries to make it about him. It's about anything BUT him

Sep 9, 2017, 1:06 PM

Writing sports stories for a local newspaper is easy. It isn't work like normal people know work. If you actually like the sport it isnt work at all.Actually fun. Wrote for The Tiger in college.

Brad looks and sounds lazy

I'm beginning to think the main culprit is Ben. He's the one

Sep 9, 2017, 1:28 PM

constant there. He's an odd person I've heard. That stuff that went down w Newspring and Ben and Perry was not good. I don't know been well, but I'm close to that situation. Not good.

Sep 9, 2017, 2:31 PM

Y'all ought to just turn the radio off if it upsets you that much. This is the upstate of South Carolina, if we were loaded with radio talent they'd be working for national stations across the country instead of just covering Clemson sports.

I don't get Mickey's schtick but I like Zach. Brad and Ben have really grown on me, they provide a pretty balanced view of the games and various sports instead of being all Clemson homerism all the time. I personally really like Qualk and Kelly, they go great together and their show is interesting, but I'm just a stupid millennial, so I don't know what I'm talking about. Walt is arrogant and I really can't listen to his show more than a couple times a week but the guy actually does know what he's talking about.

Take it as it is or change the station.

Trust me, every single time Qualk shows his immaturity or

Sep 9, 2017, 2:52 PM

Mickey stoops to low level bashing of Clemsons rivals, I turn the station. I believe that the upstate of sc is a great place and, as such, deserves great radio. Unfortunately wccp offers nothing resembling great.

Sep 9, 2017, 4:08 PM

No one is going to take Roy's spot and do it justice. He had such passion and was entertaining to listen to... these others are just "guys". I don't listen anywhere the amount I used to. Roy is definitely missed.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic