Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CBB is totally incompetent
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

CBB is totally incompetent

Feb 29, 2020, 4:16 PM

Great win ,but another classic example of his incompetence. Trapp should not even be in the game at the end when the other team will foul, much less handling the ball!!! Are you kidding me??? CBB must have a rabbit foot hidden somewhere! Great move COACH!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CBB is totally incompetent

Feb 29, 2020, 4:18 PM

I agree. So lucky it didn’t cost him this time..

Re: OP is totally incompetent

Feb 29, 2020, 4:19 PM

take your ungrateful 65% pulse and go take a flying jump. we beat a top 10 and you crab about that? There arent words for folks like you

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 29, 2020, 4:23 PM

Agree! Great win end of story!!!

While I understand where you're coming from considering

Feb 29, 2020, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Re: OP is totally incompetent ]

a great win, it is a legitimate question as to why Trapp was in the game. He's a poor FT shooter and missed 3 in the final minute.

100% agree! Was yelling at the top of my

Feb 29, 2020, 4:40 PM

lungs! Made no sense CBB had Trapp in instead of Mack! Dawes bailed him out of the last 30 seconds!

Re: 100% agree! Was yelling at the top of my

Feb 29, 2020, 4:44 PM

Make no mistake I would pick him to be in lat with the ft thing but with our history to be such an arrogant backside that you lead with that and the 65% pulse show was a zero the OP is.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 100% agree! Was yelling at the top of my- wouldnt

Feb 29, 2020, 4:44 PM

not would

In game for defense. Hemingway would have been

Feb 29, 2020, 8:47 PM [ in reply to While I understand where you're coming from considering ]

Torch ed on the defensive end

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can have him in the game without giving him

Mar 1, 2020, 11:39 AM

the ball.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While I understand where you're coming from considering

Feb 29, 2020, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Re: OP is totally incompetent ]

a great win, it is a legitimate question as to why Trapp was in the game. He's a poor FT shooter and missed 3 in the final minute.

Feb 29, 2020, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Re: OP is totally incompetent ]

Yes, great win . Really proud of the team and the program, but you are wearing rose colored glasses if you think CBB is a great coach. You can't just give him a pass and say " oh, well, we won the game" . If he isn't savy enough to manage that situation any better than that , he should be coaching rec league somewhere.

Feb 29, 2020, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Re: OP is totally incompetent ]

Yes, great win . Really proud of the team and the program, but you are wearing rose colored glasses if you think CBB is a great coach. You can't just give him a pass and say " oh, well, we won the game" . If he isn't savy enough to manage that situation any better than that , he should be coaching rec league somewhere.

Feb 29, 2020, 4:30 PM

go watch your coots. whining over a win.

Feb 29, 2020, 8:38 PM [ in reply to Re: OP is totally incompetent ]

Some of these posters hunt anything to grumble about.I suppose they would complain on any thing involving cbb

Mar 1, 2020, 8:35 PM

even in victory--coaches AND fans critique what went right and what needs to change--its what coaches and fans do...people dont need to get their panties in a bunch, for a legitimate observation-that MAYBE needs to be addressed for the next game

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 29, 2020, 8:49 PM [ in reply to Re: OP is totally incompetent ]

I'm thrilled we won and hope we make a run in the acc tourney, but there's a reason why we have lost more of these types of games than weve won in Brad's tenure.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Mar 1, 2020, 11:44 AM

I've always thought that winning close games was more of a mental thing, but I also think that a person or group can adapt. Phil Mickelson never seemed to be good under pressure until he got his first major and then he seemed to be clutch. I'm hoping that our basketball team has changed in the same way. Starting in the World Games and continuing this season, they have done well in close ballgames. I do not think Coach Brownell has done well in the past, and think some of the excuses for him have been ridiculous, but I think that he has done an excellent job this season.

Feb 29, 2020, 8:49 PM [ in reply to Re: OP is totally incompetent ]

I'm thrilled we won and hope we make a run in the acc tourney, but there's a reason why we have lost more of these types of games than weve won in Brad's tenure.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Mar 1, 2020, 11:51 AM [ in reply to Re: OP is totally incompetent ]

If monte gives you the take sign and you hit a bomb. Should monte chew your butt? Or praise your performance?
The ends don’t always justify the means

Mar 1, 2020, 11:53 AM [ in reply to Re: OP is totally incompetent ]

One could argue that we barely won because of Trapp’s missed FT’s. One could also argue we won because of brownell’s coaching. This will never get solved

Feb 29, 2020, 4:21 PM

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say this post won’t age well.

Hey 65% Mama is calling you

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

I'm sure Brad has his reasons. Maybe he knocks them down in practice or maybe he's the only guy who can get open to receive an inbounds pass. I do question why Trapp holds onto the ball after he receives the inbounds pass though when he could pass it to a better FT shooter? Maybe for the same reasons already stated.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We won!

Feb 29, 2020, 4:22 PM

Enjoy it! We will win in FB on 2020 too! Yea!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 29, 2020, 4:23 PM

Maybe for his defense after the possession change.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But to me, that's what you save to's for. Defense/offense

Feb 29, 2020, 4:25 PM

personale switches.

Re: But to me, that's what you save to's for. Defense/offense

Feb 29, 2020, 4:32 PM

You don't get to call timeouts on defense.

Yes, but you can after a made free throw is what I

Feb 29, 2020, 4:37 PM

was referring too.

Feb 29, 2020, 4:53 PM

I believe the Tigers lost by 19 without Trapp in the lineup to FSU, maybe he has him in the lineup for leadership, I believe with Trapp's injury we are 20 wins plus

Feb 29, 2020, 5:03 PM

Trapp has played well in spots , but overall is a bad shooter and a terrible FT shooter. Most of his buckets come on drive layups or put backs. He is less than 50% from the line and worse than that under the pressure of that situation. Don't get me wrong, I'm very, very grateful for a win in any form , but that was just really bad situational coaching.

Maybe if you were in the "war room" you

Feb 29, 2020, 6:16 PM

would know the answer, but you weren't and 99.9% of the people here were not either. If you were part of the Tiger Nation, you'd enjoy the win.

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Re: Maybe if you were in the "war room" you

Mar 1, 2020, 10:37 AM

I’m sure the coach has his reasons for everything that he does in managing the game. Perhaps he feels like removing Trapp in that situation would destroy his confidence and it would have a bad effect
on the team. None of us have the experience of being a part of this team so it’s not fair to call out any player OR coach in any situation.

Mar 1, 2020, 3:15 PM

Why is this post on the football board?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic