Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OK, here's a RB ya'll need to remember....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,002

OK, here's a RB ya'll need to remember....

Jul 30, 2018, 9:54 AM

https://247sports.com/Player/Tyrion-Davis-93968

Yeah, I know he's committed to LSU. But-----wait till the wheels come off on Ed Orgeron's bus. And they will. Elliott has a great connection with this guy and he's still interested in us.

I like his upside a lot more than Cain. Bigger, faster and more explosive. Wouldn't be surprised at all if he flipped to us this fall.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: OK, here's a RB ya'll need to remember....

Jul 30, 2018, 10:06 AM

He's definitely a guy to watch. Emery going to UGA basically removes them from the equation but it also make LSU that much more desperate to hang onto Davis. If they managed to lose him they could go three classes without signing an elite back, which would be very strange for LSU. If we can get an official I'll start to feel pretty good about our position.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2018, 10:06 AM

Bingo. The bond he has with Elliott cannot be understated in this situation. I like our chances. A lot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Jul 30, 2018, 10:20 AM [ in reply to Re: OK, here's a RB ya'll need to remember.... ]

LSU is pushing for Noah Cain really hard too. Davis won't last as a commitment for very long

Jul 30, 2018, 10:27 AM

Davis is a better prospect than Cain. Cain's probably still a bit overrated and is getting the IMG bump. I also have a hard time believing they're going to get him to begin with. Cain's top group is pretty disparate but all of the other programs have more stability than LSU. Malzhan could get himself back on the hot seat quickly but Orgeron's basically teetering on the edge after one season which doesn't help recruiting because other programs are going to go negative with it.

Their #2 & #3 recruits are already talking about

Jul 30, 2018, 10:12 AM

Decommitting. We could see an avalanche . Orgeron's not long for LSU.

Re: Their #2 & #3 recruits are already talking about

Jul 30, 2018, 10:18 AM

Thomas may just be hamming it up for attention. Stingley had committed to LSU earlier but then decommitted to try and boost his ranking before committing again. I mean geez Guice had decommitted and within a week taken a visit to Bama just to try and get his fifth star. The linebacker's probably going to A&M though.

Orgeron's certainly not going to last long but all I'm nervous about with Davis is all of the pressure and possible incentives that are going to be put on him to stay with LSU when they don't have any other elite backs on their roster or really any alternatives in recruiting.

Jul 30, 2018, 10:24 AM

When is the last time we flipped a commit? Just curious. Would love to get this guy on board.

Jul 30, 2018, 10:29 AM

Last season with Mcfadden and Dixon. All things considered both of them were pretty easy though and Dixon wasn't a direct flip; he had decommitted from Tenn for a little while first.

Jul 30, 2018, 10:30 AM

What about Jerrion Ealy who is currently committed to Ole miss? I remember reading a while back that there was some mutual interest. Has that kinda cooled as of late?

Jul 30, 2018, 10:38 AM

I think so. There was some talk of Bama muscling in there but our baseball program is way better than Bama's so that was something that could have worked in our favor. Also possible that the staff thought the probability of him doing the pro baseball thing was too high and decided to pursue other options.

Elliot definitely wants Davis though. He's wanted a big back for a while which was what we thought we were going to get with Richardson even though that situation worked out for the best.

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,002
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic