Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OH St has cancelled in person classes thru end of month
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 2,716

OH St has cancelled in person classes thru end of month

Mar 9, 2020, 11:01 PM

cue to the coronavirus. https://www.thelantern.com/2020/03/ohio-state-suspends-classes-until-march-30-due-to-coronavirus-outbreak/

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OH St has cancelled in person classes thru end of month

Mar 9, 2020, 11:08 PM

This is getting ridiculous

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UNCheat will jump on this in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ....

Mar 9, 2020, 11:08 PM

UNC = University of No Class.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UNCheat will jump on this in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ....

Mar 9, 2020, 11:13 PM

I think they are way ahead on this one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: UNCheat will jump on this in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ....

Mar 10, 2020, 7:46 AM [ in reply to UNCheat will jump on this in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 .... ]

UNCheat cancels all Virtual Classes due to possibility that the Corona Virus may be spread by internet and social media. All athl...students enrolled in these classes will be given an A. Athl...students have until 5:00 PM today to enroll in all Virtual Classes.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uh, the 18 million spent on legal fees says otherwise***

Mar 10, 2020, 10:48 AM [ in reply to UNCheat will jump on this in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 .... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Hilton Head will be jam packed***

Mar 9, 2020, 11:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

What a bunch of morons.***

Mar 9, 2020, 11:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Vanderbilt as well

Mar 10, 2020, 12:12 AM

https://mobile.twitter.com/vanderbiltu/status/1237167755696144386

Vanderbilt as well

Mar 10, 2020, 12:12 AM

https://mobile.twitter.com/vanderbiltu/status/1237167755696144386

I think this really fear of litigation

Mar 10, 2020, 5:56 AM

Off chance one student dies, it will cost a lot of money and get bad press. It's the society we've crafted. Embrace it, retweet it, share it on Instagram.

Re: I think this really fear of litigation- yep and yet

Mar 10, 2020, 8:38 AM

they let a pervy team Dr molest athletes for years and didnt do squat. A very odd institution with their reactions.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 10, 2020, 8:28 AM

Here is an account from a Dr in Italy:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1236933818654896129.html

"Some of our colleagues who are infected also have infected relatives and some of their relatives are already struggling between life and death. So be patient, you can't go to the theatre, museums or the gym. Try to have pity on the myriad of old people you could exterminate. "

Mar 10, 2020, 10:25 AM

Students will ramble hither and yon and exposed to more potential carriers than if they had remained in Columbus.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 10, 2020, 10:47 AM

UF has requested all professors for whom it is possible to move classes online.

My daughter there only has one class left that has not made the switch.

This is overkill, imo. Only college aged kids with compromised immune systems are at risk. But college campuses are a great place for the virus to incubate, and then spread to other higher risk groups.

This quote pretty much sums everything up

Mar 10, 2020, 10:52 AM

"Everything done too early is alarmist. Everything done too late is incompetence."

Re: This quote pretty much sums everything up

Mar 10, 2020, 11:43 AM

This 100%!

We have to remember it's not necessarily the kids that are at risk, but what about the faculty or older folks on campus?

Nursing/PreMed Students interning at the hospitals?

Basically, the kids aren't as much of a risk succumbing to the virus but they could very well pass it on to others who ARE prone.

Let's not forget, SPRING BREAK is going on now for colleges and High Schools start at the end of the month.

Not like you're going to convince anyone who's already made plans to cancel last minute

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought colleges nowadays have safe spaces

Mar 10, 2020, 12:03 PM

Can't they just have classes there?

Re: I thought colleges nowadays have safe spaces

Mar 10, 2020, 1:41 PM

No way. Those safe spaces are full of coloring books and crying towels. There is no room for students.

I will say an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Not really surprised... We close schools now with just a

Mar 10, 2020, 4:26 PM

weather prediction - never mind if it actually snows or not. If they had cancelled in person classes for the better part of a month while I was at Clemson - the very first thing me and my roommates would have done was head to the ABC store!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 2,716
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic