»
Topic: O-line Need To Grasp An Old Technique ----
Replies: 5   Last Post: Nov 14, 2016 6:44 PM by: nkickha
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 5  

O-line Need To Grasp An Old Technique ----

[2]
Posted: Nov 14, 2016 4:14 PM

This week the Offensive line really needs to master short yardage straight ahead blocking. I know we got some young cats rotating in and out but that is whats going to have to be sured up if we expect to achieve what we've been waiting over 30 years for.
Wear a back brace if you have to but we really need you guys and the Offensive line coaches to get this thing going forward for short yardage first downs not sideways.

Re: O-line Need To Grasp An Old Technique ----

[3]
Posted: Nov 14, 2016 4:19 PM

Need to stop running to the left side all of the time. Seems like they get stopped 90 % of the time when they run left. Maybe use the jet sweep some. Seems to me they have abandoned it.

military_donation.jpg

[2]
Posted: Nov 14, 2016 4:27 PM

ur right. A jet sweep to the right on 3rd and 1 would have done nicely. Also, if ur going to run it for a game winning 4th dn then why not have WG run left like he did and then flip the reverse. Actually DW could have faked it, turned and run ob to the right. once u had the jumbo package going left, everyone crashed down on that side.

2019 orange level member2016_pickem_champ.jpg

Ha! They've abandoned a lot of plays that have gotten us to this point

Posted: Nov 14, 2016 6:44 PM

Why? That's what I want to know. I see no creativity whatsoever. I thought maybe they were keeping the playbook vanilla for our 1st few games but ummmm if there's no spark at this point in the season then I don't think one is coming. Jet sweeps, shovel passes, flea flickers, hook and ladder, heck I'd even take an option at this point.

That's because of Hearn.

Posted: Nov 14, 2016 4:36 PM

More Simpson please.

[1]
Posted: Nov 14, 2016 5:58 PM

You are so right!

Replies: 5  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Georgia Tech
FOR SALE: I am selling 8 tickets to the ga tech game. These are located in section UO row x seats 17-31. They ...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1087 people have read this post