Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
O-line Need To Grasp An Old Technique ----
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

O-line Need To Grasp An Old Technique ----

Nov 14, 2016, 4:14 PM

This week the Offensive line really needs to master short yardage straight ahead blocking. I know we got some young cats rotating in and out but that is whats going to have to be sured up if we expect to achieve what we've been waiting over 30 years for.
Wear a back brace if you have to but we really need you guys and the Offensive line coaches to get this thing going forward for short yardage first downs not sideways.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: O-line Need To Grasp An Old Technique ----

Nov 14, 2016, 4:19 PM

Need to stop running to the left side all of the time. Seems like they get stopped 90 % of the time when they run left. Maybe use the jet sweep some. Seems to me they have abandoned it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2016, 4:27 PM

ur right. A jet sweep to the right on 3rd and 1 would have done nicely. Also, if ur going to run it for a game winning 4th dn then why not have WG run left like he did and then flip the reverse. Actually DW could have faked it, turned and run ob to the right. once u had the jumbo package going left, everyone crashed down on that side.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ha! They've abandoned a lot of plays that have gotten us to this point

Nov 14, 2016, 6:44 PM

Why? That's what I want to know. I see no creativity whatsoever. I thought maybe they were keeping the playbook vanilla for our 1st few games but ummmm if there's no spark at this point in the season then I don't think one is coming. Jet sweeps, shovel passes, flea flickers, hook and ladder, heck I'd even take an option at this point.

That's because of Hearn.

Nov 14, 2016, 4:36 PM [ in reply to Re: O-line Need To Grasp An Old Technique ---- ]

More Simpson please.

Nov 14, 2016, 5:58 PM [ in reply to Re: O-line Need To Grasp An Old Technique ---- ]

You are so right!

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic