Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
O-Line...may be alone here but...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

O-Line...may be alone here but...

Sep 29, 2014, 8:55 AM

I don't think the O-line has played as bad as most ppl like to say. I believe the pass blocking is actually pretty good for the most part. I think the problem is more with the backs than the O-line...I have been watching a particularly close sat while I was there and seemed there were some decent holes but either the RBs missed them or they seem like they dance around too much in the backfield...Howard and Davidson (sometimes not all the time) remind of Harper...they sit back and bounce around waiting for a hole instead of making a decision and hitting it hard. If you think about the great RBs we have had for a while now I think we are just lacking the talent we are used to there and it shows...yea the O-line did not play well at all at UGA but I thought they played very well at FSU and this sat...pass blocking at least. Like I said I just think we are lacking greatly a good RB that can make plays like we are used to. Maybe when Dye comes back he will give us a spark in the running game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: O-Line...may be alone here but...

Sep 29, 2014, 8:57 AM

Agree on Dye. Can't wait to see if he can make a difference.

Really. You didn't see UNCheat boys in our backfield beating

Sep 29, 2014, 9:02 AM

the "blocks" of our guys and feasting on our backs? O'kay. Whatever. I played O-line and all I see is the D beating our guys-caving us in at times--we have no push up front.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Really. You didn't see UNCheat boys in our backfield beating

Sep 29, 2014, 9:06 AM

where did you play as a lineman at athomas?

Sep 29, 2014, 9:13 AM

UNCheat had as many sacks as we did and they had lots better running game than us! our O/L is just pitiful!!!!!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, just think if the line wasn't pitiful we would be

Sep 29, 2014, 9:58 AM

hitting 80 points a game. Get a new agenda.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What does matter? Did you play football Tiger buddy and

Sep 29, 2014, 9:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Really. You didn't see UNCheat boys in our backfield beating ]

want to tell us about it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2014, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Really. You didn't see UNCheat boys in our backfield beating ]

I disagree...the line pass blocks pretty well and how many times did we get tackled for a loss running? I watched and none of our RBs get blown up its more dancing around and waiting for a hole, don't wait just make a decision and hit it...more than likely get a few to 5 yards instead of sitting back dancing around...and it take a pinky finger to bring down Howard...guy is a great blocker but cannot break a tackle at all. I think we have been spoiled with great backs

While it's true that we may not have a Davis/Spiller/

Sep 29, 2014, 9:04 AM

Ellington in the bunch, and that does contribute to the problem, there is no getting around the fact that our O-line has not been very good.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

People who don't know football love to blame the O-Line.

Sep 29, 2014, 9:10 AM

The fact is, our O-Line is fine. They aren't dominant, but then again they aren't taught to be dominant. Our scheme is not one where the line gets up there and blows people off the ball.

You can only pass block for so long. You can only block so many people. Everyone else on the offense has to execute or plays fall apart. The O-Line can't just permanently hold a play together.

Re: People who don't know football love to blame the O-Line.

Sep 29, 2014, 9:14 AM

crickets on the question from the Clemson history major! lol!!!!

Re: People who don't know football love to blame the O-Line.

Sep 29, 2014, 9:17 AM

In case you aint figured it out yet, moron, know one owes you an explanation for anything.

I figured you would have learned that by now but alas, you're as stupid as we all thought.

It's our S&C's fault.***

Sep 29, 2014, 9:15 AM [ in reply to People who don't know football love to blame the O-Line. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BATSON***

Sep 29, 2014, 9:15 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL!! exactly***

Sep 29, 2014, 9:16 AM [ in reply to It's our S&C's fault.*** ]

Sorry but you are WRONG. When you see blocks being

Sep 29, 2014, 9:18 AM [ in reply to People who don't know football love to blame the O-Line. ]

beat against our o-line and defenders sitting there at the line ready to tackle our guy who will gain little or nothing there is a problem with the line.

What in the....you're here and we didn't lose!***

Sep 29, 2014, 9:20 AM [ in reply to People who don't know football love to blame the O-Line. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

People who don't know football?

Sep 29, 2014, 9:25 AM [ in reply to People who don't know football love to blame the O-Line. ]

This is Tigernet - everybody knows football! ;)

Look, the O-line alone may not be to blame. It may be more accurate to say our blocking is not good. I'm fine with that - but the O-line is a big part of that. Maybe I don't know much about football, but when a D-lineman goes head-to-head with one of our O-linemen, and the D-linemen pushes our O-lineman backward or goes right around him and makes the tackle at the line of scrimmage or in our backfield, then to me the O-lineman got beat. That's what I see happening. I also see LBs making plays at or behind the line without anybody touching them. That may or may not be the O-line's fault, but it is a problem with our blocking.

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: People who don't know football?

Sep 29, 2014, 9:34 AM

there you go again bringing logic and truth to an illogical group. you could rub their nose in truth and they would swear they could not smell it. it is what it is I guess. you can post anything and not have to back up what you say. internet hero and pumper like athomas will always be what he is. he is just too easy to pick on! can you imagine this girly type being an o lineman? wow!!

I can't imagine you as anything but a baby kitten good Tiger

Sep 29, 2014, 9:38 AM

buddy!

Message was edited by: AThomas®

Hey by the way did you play football?

Sep 29, 2014, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Re: People who don't know football? ]

Trying to imagine it but all I see is a nerd in his grandmother's basement.

Message was edited by: AThomas®

Re: Hey by the way did you play football?

Sep 29, 2014, 9:43 AM

i am guessing leadcoot has never donned a jock before but has definitely sniffed a few.

Hands inside Thomas!!

Sep 29, 2014, 9:51 AM [ in reply to Hey by the way did you play football? ]
image.jpg(173.1 K)

Lol ;)

Re: O-Line...may be alone here but...

Sep 29, 2014, 9:19 AM

I agree with the pass blocking but I don't agree with the run blocking I think we hold blocks ok at times but we never get any push that's also why we have so much goal line trouble! I also agree we don't have a great running back we have serviceable backs at best right now I think Brooks and Dye going down hurt!

When your QB completes 75% for 435 yards and 6 TDs and

Sep 29, 2014, 9:33 AM

50 pts, it's hard to say the offensive line sucks. No, they aren't great, but there were opportunities in the running game that we did not capitalize on. That's been true every game so far. No long runs, even against SC State, shows that we just don't have anyone at the RB position that can hurt a defense with their legs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When your QB completes 75% for 435 yards and 6 TDs and

Sep 29, 2014, 9:38 AM

Exactly!

While it's true that we don't have an elite RB, or at least

Sep 29, 2014, 9:45 AM [ in reply to When your QB completes 75% for 435 yards and 6 TDs and ]

one that has emerged as such yet, I felt that Watson carried the offense, and had a spectacular performance in spite of the O-line. He is so fluid and mobile in the pocket, he senses pressure from all sides while keeping his eyes downfield, and has a quick release and strong arm that allows him extra seconds to find an open receiver. I think there were at least 10 or maybe 15 instances where he turned plays that easily could have resulted in a loss or no gain into positive yardage and sometimes big gains.

- H. L. Mencken

That's what good players do. We don't have that at RB.

Sep 29, 2014, 9:53 AM

We aren't going to all of a sudden have a great offensive line. How long has it been since we did? But, we threw a lot of balls down the field and that requires that the offensive line hold the defense out a bit longer, which they often did. But, we just don't have a guy at running back that can make someone miss, run through an arm tackle, or run past someone. Kurt Fleming has our longest run from scrimmage, which was against SC State.

Yes, the offensive line carries a portion of the blame, but we are about the same on the offensive line as we have been for a number of years. The difference is at the running back position.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree about RB, and I don't totally disagree about OL.

Sep 29, 2014, 10:06 AM

I agree that we haven't had a really good OL in a long, long time. To me, however, it looks like they have actually taken a step backward this year.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: That's what good players do. We don't have that at RB.

Sep 29, 2014, 10:07 AM [ in reply to That's what good players do. We don't have that at RB. ]

I agree...I think ppl want to throw the blame on the line when I think they have been OK pass blocking and good enough run blocking we just don't have a back that can make a guy miss and get up the field like we are used to seeing...this line is no worse as a unit than we have seen the last few years but we have had great backs that end up with 1000 yards at seasons end...go back and look at old games where CJ/Davis/Ellington etc made a run out of nothing or breaking a tackle...our RBs don't break tackles and are not fast enough to get outside when they try. NOT saying our line is great or even very good I just think they play well enough and don't get much help from a below average running back group. I think a guy like DYE or someone will make some realize that

Re: While it's true that we don't have an elite RB, or at least

Sep 29, 2014, 10:11 AM [ in reply to While it's true that we don't have an elite RB, or at least ]

As a RB you have to break a tackle every now and then or make a guy miss...im not saying that the line is great I am just saying there are holes I watched sat and they aren't getting lit up in the back field...they never break tackles and cant beat anyone to edge...we just are not very good at RB with the loss of Brooks and Dye. I will agree that Watson made plays that prob Stoudt wouldn't have with his feet but even the great Olines in the country are going to get beat some during a game...just part of it. I am just making a point that I think if we had a RB like we are used to we wouldn't be talking about the line as much bc that is the weakness on our time no doubt...and if you go back before the season everyone was saying that was the one position no one was worried about....and I get why bc Choice, Gallman had all the promise but just not sure they are quite there yet.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic