Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Nuk's problem with Clemson?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Nuk's problem with Clemson?

Oct 26, 2018, 12:52 PM

Serious question -

I know this has been explained before, but what is Nuk's problem with Clemson? Does he feel he didn't get fair playing time? What is it?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nuk's problem with Clemson?

Oct 26, 2018, 12:54 PM

Ad nauseum. Multiple prior posts. Just search for them.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2018, 5:02 PM

Why even respond like this? Not everyone has read the post. Either add to the discussion or butt out. But why respond with instruction to go search for it yourself? You wasted your time and ours.

No chik-fil-a when he attended...hth***

Oct 26, 2018, 12:58 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will never not TU no chick Fila posts

Oct 26, 2018, 1:14 PM

Hopefully we get one someday

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2018, 1:01 PM

Shortest possible response to this question is:

Nuk is great because he can create a chip on his shoulder about everything. He has done so with several minor details about his time at Clemson. In order for this process to work, the person must be able to convince himself that certain things are completely true.

He has been to Clemson games since being drafted and always smiles and seems to have a good time. He seems to get along with everyone around him on these visits. If he wants to use his perceived slight against him from some people associated with Clemson to motivate himself and make himself a better NFL player then I have no issue with it.

Never thought about it that way

Oct 26, 2018, 4:27 PM

null

Message was edited by: EarleHall95®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2018, 1:05 PM

Didn’t like the attention Sammy got tight he was much better. He also didn’t like Dabo trying to talk him in to staying his senior year. He said Dabo did not know what it was like growing up poor. little did he know the true Dabo story . I lost respect for him right then.

Oct 26, 2018, 1:21 PM

Nuk's problem is his problem. It will sort out with time or not depending on his personality and sense of objectivity/fairness. It is possible his obvious success in the NFL will serve to feed his feelings, who knows. The fact remains he was and still is a Tiger. He got his start here and that is inarguable.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2018, 2:05 PM

My loyalty is to clemson university not the players after they leave. I choose to pull for former Clemson players. Yes I know once a Tiger always a Tiger and thats fine but when you throw your school under the bus I have a problem with it. Clemson helped make you the person you are and I hate you had a hard childhood so does many many many others and they didn't have the "privilege" to go to college for free and make millions in the NFL. So you want to say whoa is me when in reality I'd say the Lord has truly blessed you but instead of being humble and thankful you want to be prideful and eat of yourself. That is the farthest from being Godly I can think of to think you are the reason. I hope he changes his attitude because right now I couldn't be farther from being a fan of his.

It's funny you mention your take on Nuk's attitude

Oct 26, 2018, 2:23 PM

Last night during the Texans game the announcers mentioned how refreshing it is that Nuk is the ultimate team guy. They went on to say he has had every opportunity to act like many other star WRs in the NFL and whine and complain and bash the QBs that he was stuck with up until last year. He has done none of that.

Yes, he has mentioned that he feels he is the best WR in the league. What I'm guessing you don't see, since you are not a fan of his is, him constantly sending messages to guys who get hurt or are struggling around the league and trying to pick them up. It's all over his social media if you are interested in checking it out.

You also seem very defensive of Dabo. I understand that but not to the point of pretending that Nuk is a bad guy for his comments of how he was treated. Yes Nuk feels like he is self-made even though he used the resources that were available to him at Clemson. He came in unheralded for the most part and he worked his butt off to become the best WR on the team as a true freshman. He then made himself into a 1st round draft pick two years later.

Also you speak to his Godliness. Let's remember that he felt so strongly in that area that he was baptized at practice during his time at Clemson. You don't know him personally to know where he stands in his walk. You may not know that he, with a few other players and the owner of the Texans, came to visit the victims' families of the Emanuel AME shooting. Just because he has a strong personality does not change his beliefs or his Godliness.

Be careful how you are perceived while attempting to judge others.

Re: It's funny you mention your take on Nuk's attitude

Oct 26, 2018, 6:22 PM

Thank you. I personally have never seen Nuk diss Clemson. I know he honors his high school by naming them on those "intro's" at the beginning of games and I think it's fine. Those high school coaches are life savers for many teen athletes. On social media I've seen him congratulate, thumbs up etc. to current and past Clemson players. Wasn't he on the sidelines at the national championship game?

Ben Boil***

Oct 26, 2018, 9:35 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ben Boulware thought enough of him to call him out during his epic

Oct 26, 2018, 7:52 PM [ in reply to Re: It's funny you mention your take on Nuk's attitude ]

speech at the 2016 trophy celebration.
I know Nuk appreciated it.
Good enough for me to ignore the small stuff, cherish the memories of Peach Bowl 4th down catch and know deep down that one day DW4 will get him to come around on some CU love.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's funny you mention your take on Nuk's attitude

Oct 26, 2018, 8:24 PM [ in reply to It's funny you mention your take on Nuk's attitude ]

My thoughts as well. That dude saw some tough times in life, much tougher than most of us. He is hyper-competitive and has that chip. He also is a man with strong, carefully conceived convictions. Those convictions are born of his life experiences, which are far different from mine, so I would expect those convictions to be different from mine. Frankly, I respect his passion; he comes about his opinions honestly. I am proud that he and I went to the same school. The guy has passion and the guy cares. I wish more were like that.

Oct 26, 2018, 6:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Nuk's problem with Clemson? ]

I break bread with Saints and Sinners but not Pharisees.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2018, 4:12 PM

Another pot stirring troll post by you. Happens a lot.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2018, 6:25 PM

Yeah that is his favorite pastime and we keep bumping his posts.

Oct 26, 2018, 4:15 PM

He doesn't have a problem with Clemson, what would even make you say that?

Oct 26, 2018, 4:31 PM

Because he says his hs instead of Clemson in the player intros. Don't know why people are so hung up on this

Oct 26, 2018, 7:23 PM

I don't get that either, everybody knows he went to Clemson. But not everybody knows he went to Daniel HS. As much as it is talked about now with him and Deshaun both being from Clemson, everybody that watches football knows.

Oct 26, 2018, 10:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Nuk's problem with Clemson? ]

He said he was miids treated at Clemson he said something like college was like being a slave and was mad at dabo because dabo wanted him back his senior yr. how can none of y’all remember this plus what has he give back to Clemson like others have??

Oct 26, 2018, 10:17 PM

Who are all the others who have given back to Clemson? Excluding CJ Spiller

I don't remember anything about him saying he was mistreated at Clemson. Nuk obviously made the right decision by leaving after his junior year, it's worked out very well for him. I know the coaches and staff that represent Clemson have a very good relationship with Nuk and everyone is happy that he is successful.

And I tend to agree with his comments. I believe he said it's like a Ponzi scheme, but you may be right. People sit back and rake in the money off of these kids. And yes they are getting an education, but there are no guarantees with a degree. And the NFL is never a guarantee. Tajh Boyd could have made lots of money off of his football career at Clemson, just based off of his popularity and success. But Tajh never made any money off of football

Oct 26, 2018, 4:35 PM

Oh no, not again.

Oct 26, 2018, 4:55 PM

He really wanted to be called Ebby Calvin LaLoosh and Dabo wouldn't let him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Upset with Non Alums singing AL MA MATTER***

Oct 26, 2018, 5:03 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He hated noon games***

Oct 26, 2018, 9:45 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2018, 9:57 PM

Burn corners not bridges.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1