Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Nuk Hopkins "Daniel HS"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 51
| visibility 1

Nuk Hopkins "Daniel HS"

Dec 25, 2017, 9:53 PM

Why does Nuk say Daniel instead of Clemson University ? Just wondering ?? Still love him but kind of hurt my feelings .....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nuk Hopkins "Daniel HS"

Dec 25, 2017, 9:55 PM

He went to Daniel High School .

Buck up big guy , Sugar Bowl is next weekend ??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 25, 2017, 9:59 PM

He did go to Daniel but he never graduated from Clemson and I remember this discussion several weeks ago... but I’m not sure what was said y he’s disgruntled with Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 25, 2017, 10:53 PM

This topic is very repetitive... it's a non-issue.

Dec 26, 2017, 9:20 AM

It wa still an issue for me. Just curious ...Thanks for being so nice with your "informative" response

Dec 26, 2017, 9:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Nuk Hopkins "Daniel HS" ]

It wa still an issue for me. Just curious ...Thanks for being so nice with your "informative" response

Dec 26, 2017, 7:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Nuk Hopkins "Daniel HS" ]

I think he's pissed he didn't receive cash dividends during his time with Clemson.
Best receiver in the NFL and was OUTSTANDING for us BUT is butthurt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

because clemson did pay millions like the texans did***

Dec 26, 2017, 9:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Nuk Hopkins "Daniel HS" ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 25, 2017, 10:03 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/update/Nuk-Hopkins-compares-college-to-Ponzi-scheme-28551

Dec 26, 2017, 7:42 AM

Everyone gets so defensive over this story and ignores the fact that the way colleges are currently run is a huge scam.

If you honestly believe that textbooks have to have new editions every two years and that $200 is a reasonable price, I've got some oceanfront property in Nebraska to sell you. Oh, and to pay for it you might have to take out a loan that you'll be paying on until you're dead.

As for the respect he got, he's hardly the first player to feel like he didn't get enough respect in college. All this talk about his lack of maturity is downright silly.

Why are you so defensive about how others feel? You

Dec 26, 2017, 9:42 AM

seem defensive also.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why are you so defensive about how others feel? You

Dec 26, 2017, 9:51 AM

What am I defending?

You used the word first. What is everyone else defending?

Dec 26, 2017, 9:54 AM

People are giving their opinion. Same as you.

I do agree that he was overlooked/not respected much when

Dec 26, 2017, 10:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Nuk Hopkins "Daniel HS" ]

he was at Clemson. My mom and I loved Nuk since he started playing for Clemson - and when Sammy arrived, Sammy DID get all the media hype, all the attention. Nuk just quietly continued to improve and play. So, on that point, he is not wrong.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

He's an angry young man

Dec 25, 2017, 10:20 PM

still.

In his mind, he played 5th fiddle at Clemson

Dec 25, 2017, 10:30 PM

Behind Sammy, Boyd, Watkins and Dabo. Apparently Dabo wasn’t too keen on him going to the NFL and he’s prospered in the league because of that animosity. He might have issues with the people that run Clemson University, but he can’t say the fans weren’t behind him 100%. He was a favorite among everybody in the stands.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In his mind, he played 5th fiddle at Clemson

Dec 25, 2017, 10:32 PM

Who gives a #### about the snowflake

Dec 26, 2017, 7:58 AM

Probably every coach at Clemson, particularly Dabo. I'm sure they see Nuk's experience as a learning opportunity for them.

Learning opportunity for “them”? Please tell us more?***

Dec 26, 2017, 9:51 AM

Dec 26, 2017, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Re: In his mind, he played 5th fiddle at Clemson ]

Pretty ironic that you're obviously butthurt over Nuk's opinion of his college experience, and calling him a snowflake. I find that most people who use the word snowflake are often the people who get upset the most.

Its okay. He has said that he doesn't feel a lot of loyalty

Dec 25, 2017, 11:08 PM

toward Clemson because he was not the featured star while here. He actually was, but that is another subject: he thinks he wasn't according to his words. So he identifies with Daniel.

Look, he is still a kid in some ways. My daughter is his age, graduated 4.0 in Chemistry, and she still has trouble figuring out how the world works. A guy like Nuk, like any star athlete, has had the world focused only on him since he was in Jr High, and its hard to turn that off. But, as Dabo says, at some point football will let you down. I don't know when Nuk will catch his last pass, but that day is much closer than he thinks it is. And two days after that day everything he has counted on will be gone. The automatic prime table at a sold out restaurant, a place at the head of all lines, recognition at every turn, any favor immediately granted...all gone.

He will look for where his true friends are, and there will be few. Purpose in life will no longer be defined by the next route or catch, and he will see that Dabo and Clemson still at the top, still pursuing something bigger than football. If he is smart he will regret cutting ties. If he is wise he will seek to rebuild those. If we are Clemson we will welcome him openly.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bill Murray said once you become famous you have 2 years to be an ### hole

Dec 25, 2017, 11:20 PM

And you better get things figured out before those 2 years are over or you’ll be an ####### for life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Earlier in my working life I had the privilege of working

Dec 25, 2017, 11:46 PM

with several (4-6) well known athletes. All were famous in their day. Some were still well do to, solid in finances and life. Some had hit on hard times and were now basically like everyone else, working day to day. All were wonderful men, dedicated to helping other people succeed. But what they retained was a sense that other people would make life easy on them. You picked them up; they never drove to your place to pick you up. You met them at their place; they never met you are your place. You called them; they never called you. If they had to cancel an appointment they assumed you could meet the next day; if you cancel on them you might never see them again.

There was nothing malicious about it with any of them. These were the good guys, not the a$$holes. I loved dealing with every one of them, would recommend any of them for anything. But they did retain that sense that other people exist to make life easier for them. It really wasn't their fault: its just hard to turn that off after it being reality for 20 years.

Re: Earlier in my working life I had the privilege of working

Dec 26, 2017, 1:18 AM

What you said is true. This is true of sports stars and very wealthy people in some cases . My biggest disappointment was reading a couple biographies on Joe DiMaggio and finding out what a complete a$$hole he was..he was a user to the nth degree .

Re: Earlier in my working life I had the privilege of working

Dec 26, 2017, 8:10 AM [ in reply to Earlier in my working life I had the privilege of working ]

So you're saying they feel entitled.
I enjoyed both of your post.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice guys and good people...

Dec 26, 2017, 9:16 AM [ in reply to Earlier in my working life I had the privilege of working ]

don't lose their respect and consideration for others. Respect and consideration for others is part of the defining characteristics of good people and nice guys. So basically you're saying they were all inconsiderate a-holes who used people and considered those around them as valuable only when they could be used for selfish purposes.

They have no friends.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can see where you would draw that conclusion, but in my

Dec 26, 2017, 12:04 PM

case it was much more benign. These guys had the right intentions, were fun to be with, actually humble in many regards. Very genuine. Trustworthy without reservation. What I was observing was the remnant of the entitlement. My guess is that if someone had casually mentioned, "Hey, he came and picked you up last time, maybe its your turn to pick him up" he would have said, "Oh yeah, sure." It just doesn't occur to some of them. I am not making a big deal out of who picks up who, just saying that is an example of a pervading mindset that I saw in a lot of little things. The big things were fine. But you could see the remnant.

It was more interesting and amusing than anything. Certainly not enough to affect my friendship with them, or my trust in them. Maybe that is my point: these were all great people, and even in them the remnant was there. My conclusion is therefore that we all carry examples of that in areas we are not aware of.

IE, when a Senator treats you that way, its one thing. When

Dec 25, 2017, 11:49 PM [ in reply to Bill Murray said once you become famous you have 2 years to be an ### hole ]

an ex Senator who does nothing but maintain an office treats you that way, its something else. And all ex Senators will.

I think he was appreciated very much. As everyone can

Dec 26, 2017, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Its okay. He has said that he doesn't feel a lot of loyalty ]

remember anytime he had a catch the Clemson crowd would erupt in a thunderous "NUK". Yep, we did appreciate him very much. Don't know what he's thinking to cause him to feel this way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He has never completely

Dec 26, 2017, 1:59 AM

Came out and said what the issues are other than as stated above he thinks college is a ponzi scheme and that his family was eating ramen and he couldn’t get any help. I wish he would try to get everything out in the open that way he and the people back at Clemson could talk and try to squash all the “beef”. He was a huge success at Clemson and will always be a part of the family. Even with the animosity I will still keep up with him and wish him nothing but the best. GO TIGERS!!!

Message was edited by: Clemson_country89

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is the problem with "entitlement..."

Dec 26, 2017, 7:42 AM

Nuk apparently thinks that it was Clemson's responsibility to make him the focus while he was here. Sorry, Nuk, that's not how the world works. If you want to be the top dog, you've gotta earn your way there.

I guess no one ever taught him the meaning of "team." It's all about the team, Nuk... it's never ALL about one person. When Nuk caught the 4th and 16 pass from Tahj against LSU, he was the TOP DOG for that one play. When CatMan kicked the winning fieldgoal, he was the TOP DOG for that one play. When Jordan Legette made that fantastic catch at the 9-yd line in the NCG, he was the TOP DOG for that one play. When Hunter caught the TD to win the Natty, he was the TOP DOG for that one play. But at the end of the day, the most important thing was that the TEAM WON! Do you think Jordan was pi$$ed that he was not the primary focus after Hunter caught the TD? He77 no! He was thrilled that the Clemson Tigers were National Champs! But without Jordan's catch, Hunter's might never have happened.

Nuk... that's why it's a TEAM GAME. I hope you can get over it and be a Clemson Tiger, and not just DeAndre Hopkins. I always saw you as a Tiger, and I hope to again.

It seems to be snowing, big flakes falling.***

Dec 26, 2017, 6:53 AM

must we review this every time the Texans play?

Dec 26, 2017, 8:12 AM

Nuk doesn't like us. He's butt hurt about his time at Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nuk Hopkins "Daniel HS"- LOved him as a player and

Dec 26, 2017, 8:15 AM

still do. He thinks whatever he thinks and I dont worry about it. I wish him health and happiness

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for bringing this up.

Dec 26, 2017, 9:23 AM

I added Nuk to my short prayer list but had forgotten to pray for him over the last week or so.

Nuk has a spiritual problem. I'm satisfied through prayer that he belongs to God but like most of us he is struggling to allow God's place in his heart. It's quite hard to step down off that throne in one's heart and allow the Holy Spirit His rightful place.

The struggle is torturous sometimes. God's only recourse when one resist is to love. I can't count the many times God has loved me to submission and during each and everyone of them I became more and more hateful toward the end.

I'll say this, it makes surrender so very sweet. That's my prayer for Nuk, that God will love him into submission and he can again enjoy the love and salvation which is given to him. Please put Nuk on your prayer list and let's pray together for God to overwhelm him with love. That is the only way this can end.

If nothing else do it for Dabo for I'm persuaded Dabo's prayers are mine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks for bringing this up.

Dec 26, 2017, 12:10 PM

He says Daniel High School instead of Clemson because he's struggling with God? Come on now...

Son, have you ever communed with The Lord?***

Dec 26, 2017, 1:10 PM

If he hasn't, talking down to him like that certainly won't

Dec 26, 2017, 4:19 PM

convince him to start.

I'm sorry for sounding like I was talking down to anyone...

Dec 26, 2017, 5:30 PM

about this. I'm 65 and use the 'son,' as a term of endearment. It was clear he either didn't read my post or that he didn't understand how and why I could make those statements. Asking if he communed with God was the simplest way to let him know why I believed what I believe. That's predicated on whether or not he had ever been in prayer long enough and quiet enough to really communicate.

You're probably correct but I was hoping he'd ask me about my experiences considering Nuk. I did not take lightly what I said and I am glad someone reminded me of my obligation to our young brother, Nuk.

I would appreciate if you would join me in prayer for Nuk. I know he is hurting for many times I've fallen by the wayside and left the precious fellowship of The Lord. I pray that you do and apologize for asking so rudely.

Dec 26, 2017, 9:24 AM

Some MAY be trying to connect dots where there aren't any connections. He isn't pleased with the college football "system", and I think most of us see room for improvement. I know he has some disappointment with Clemson, but that doesn't seem to be his main beef. He may just be trying to give his HS some love on TV.

He has always struck me as a serious dude who speaks his mind, and I respect that, especially considering his background. Let's face it, he has lived through a lot more crap than most of us have.

I am glad to see him enjoy success, wish him well, hope he is happy and glad he played at Clemson.

Dec 26, 2017, 9:45 AM

He resents his time at Clemson. That seems to be obvious. I guess he feels like he's in a better place and could have gotten their without Clemson.

I get today off from work, back tomorrow and Thursday. Then it's all about Clemson beating Bama for the weekend. I love Clemson. Still remember when I got accepted into the engineering program even though I could hardly write a complete paragraph. Things didn't always go my way at Clemson but I graduated and love my career. Clemson took care of me.

Dec 26, 2017, 9:47 AM

there

Dec 26, 2017, 9:37 AM

Just going by the things I've heard from Nuk since he left Clemson lead me to believe the coaches tried to talk him into staying another year when he decided to jump to the NFL. We don't know what they told him and probably never will. Maybe it was said that he was making a mistake and he needed more time to "polish" his skills. I think Nuk felt like they were being selfish wanting to win a national championship.

All in all, Nuk made the right decision. He was drafted in the first round. Has been a top 5 receiver since he has been in the league. He is doing better than any other former tiger receiver in the pros. The three years he spent at Clemson we were 6-7, 10-4, 11-2 and have won 10+ ever since. He was a key part in this whole run. His national exposure has helped recruiting whether he says Daniel High School or not. Everyone knows he went to Clemson.

Sorry for the rant but this is brought up every week. People just need to realize that everyone doesn't have the same college experience. Nuk has earned the right to sit in front of that camera and say whatever school he wants.

It’s funny how many people get upset over this.

Dec 26, 2017, 10:18 AM

He’s been doing that for 5 freaking years. A fan would have known this. I think we’ve got a lot of new bandwagon Texans fans because of DW4 that never cared that Nuk was there and now get butthurt over him repping his high school...SMDH. You didn’t care enough to follow him before so why do you care now?

He doesn’t owe us anything.

Most noticed it,I think. Nuk recently said that he felt like

Dec 26, 2017, 12:08 PM

a red-headed step child at Clemson because of SW while he was here.

So, many went from wondering why he said Daniel HS to knowing why he said Daniel HS. That made some folks jump off of the Nuk bandwagon.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This topic has passed Germans and is now Thuringian era!

Dec 26, 2017, 11:04 AM

Enough already!

Re: Agree with you, let Nuk be Nuk and let's move on....

Dec 26, 2017, 12:10 PM

Personally, I car wait until Watson gets back healthy next year to see what the Texans can do. It's football y'all, not dinner invitations.

But is nuk going to be butt-hurt again...

Dec 26, 2017, 4:12 PM

If Deshaun is the "main man" and he (Nuk) is number 2? Spinning wheel gotta go round...

Dec 26, 2017, 12:13 PM

I still love the heck out of the guy as a player, and pull for him. To me, if he's upset at Clemson then it's no different from having a family member who isn't currently talking to you. That person is still a member of your family, and you still wish the best for them. Nuk is still part of the Clemson family to me, and always will be.

You could search for every other time this question was asked

Dec 26, 2017, 12:20 PM

Nm

He is a great player, and he has the limelight that he

Dec 26, 2017, 1:15 PM

desires. Meanwhile, his team is pitiful without DW. My perception is that he would take his present status over being on a championship team without the personal accolades, if he had to choose.

Dec 26, 2017, 2:38 PM

I read that Nuk said he did not like Clemson. He said it in an interview back a few Months ago. It was discussed here awhile back.

Replies: 51
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic