Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Nuk Hopkins
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Nuk Hopkins

Nov 8, 2017, 9:29 PM

The man laid it all on the line for 3 years at Clemson. He came in his freshman year to a team lacking in top line talent and helped elevate the program. He was a good citizen while at Clemson and is a good citizen now. He was an incredible talent and the win against LSU that helped to elevate recruiting would have never happened without him. He was the MVP of the game when the Tigers broke the streak of 5 against USC. He earned a first round draft pick with his on the field performance. Nuk was always pleasant and giving of his time when my kids encountered players and I suspect he was just a generally good guy in college.

Nuk has a spur in his saddle, real or imagined. He was never promoted like Sammy was, it's a true statement whether you like it or not. I don't know if Nuk motivates himself with his perceived mistreatment or if he just really felt underappreciated. No matter what the situation, how can anyone get on this site and bad mouth Nuk Hopkins? Nuk Hopkins did everything this university ever asked of him and more. If he has a complaint you don't agree with, he's earned the right. I don't know who really exists behind your little nerd monickers and passes judgment on this site like your keyboard gives you some authority, but my guess is not one of you has made a fraction of the contribution that Nuk made to the University, the football program or our fan base. If you don't like what Nuk said then that's your prerogative, but to name call this man makes you look ignorant. Those calling him a whiner and a baby, grow up and understand that every contrary opinion doesn't erase the deeds of a good man, and your disdain gives off the appearance of an imbecile to an educated person.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed, best ever to play at Clemson

Nov 8, 2017, 9:36 PM

At least you gotta admire his honesty. Fans and the media loved Sammy tho. He was bigger, faster, and was ready made. Nuk worked himself into those things and was a self made star. I admire that, and that edge is what makes him great.

Re: Agreed, best ever to play at Clemson

Nov 8, 2017, 10:21 PM

I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING THAT YOU SAID.THESE JERKS ARE PROBABLY THE SAME ONES WHO HOLLOWED NUK,NUK,NUK,EVERY TIME THAT HE MADE AN UNBELIEVABLE CATCH, OR DIDN'T WANT DABO TO BE OUR HEAD COACH, OR WANTS HIM FIRED WHEN WE LOSE A GAME.THESE ARE THE ONES THAT WE CALL BAND WAGON FANS.WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME LATELY.......

^^^ IRONY ^^^***

Nov 8, 2017, 9:39 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nuk Hopkins

Nov 8, 2017, 10:43 PM

Agree completely.

He wasn't #1; Sammy was, justified or not. Folks coming out of college come out in debt, and the rising cost of tuition isn't sustainable if we want an educated populace.

Nuk has always seemed to me to be a very serious minded, opinionated person. I may not agree with everything he says, but I respect it.

All of us are products of our past, and I dare say that his past is radically different from most on this board, so one might expect his perspective to be different as well. He seems like a good guy with good intentions and a very socially conscious guy. Sometimes society needs agent provocateurs to move it to a higher place. Let's assume the best in folks, shall we?

Rich young man exorcising some demons

Nov 8, 2017, 10:51 PM

Feeling his oats, call it what you will. One he11uva competitor. Tough as they come in college and NFL. Countered soft image Clemson offenses and teams including Sammy had at that time. Leading edge with Tajh of the monumental Clemson turnaround peaking with Deshaun's natl championship last year.

Not chapped at Nuk's perspective - he is smart enough in the end as a mature retired adult that he will eventually complete a degree at Clemson and remember his roots. And if he doesn't, what the ####, I can live with that. Best to him and go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like he got Miyagi'd a little at CU maybe.

Nov 9, 2017, 9:03 PM

And look at him now. Dude has amazing talent and work ethic to go with. Love watching him haul in a pass and what he does next.

I had a lot of friends from Daniel High so I'm happy they're getting the props they are.

Go Tigers! Go Nuk!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2017, 11:19 PM

Very hypocritical of you. You don't have to call yourself ignorant or an imbecile, but you have as you imply others cannot criticize Nuk or characterize his actions and thoughts -while you criticize and judge other you disagree with regarding Nuk. But, it is ok, in your mind, for Nuk to do the same to Clemson, its fans and coaches. The street goes both ways.

I like Nuke and admired his play at Clemson and in the pros. But, I don't have to agree with his whining and mis-characterization of Clemson. He is free to have his opinion and we are fee to have ours. To suggest college is a ponzie scheme and puts people in debt is a shallow and inaccurate understanding of the value and truth of education. Nuk owes much to Clemson and yet he wants to be butt hurt because people don't agree with him or because of perceived slights.

Much of what you say is true, but don't be surprised when many fans don't like or appreciate some of his actions now, and what he has to say about Clemson, its fans and education.

Nov 9, 2017, 12:57 AM

Please tell me what he said that is derogatory about Clemson. Please show me where he even mentioned Clemson's fans. I mean did you even read the statement that Tigernet attributed to him not advertising Clemson as his Alma Matter during introductions.(an assumption that was not established by Nuk and may or may not be why he uses Danial instead of Clemson in introductions)

All I saw that he said was that he was not promoted as a #1 receiver (which he wasn't, Sammy was the darling of the fans and media), that he had nothing left to prove in college (he didn't he already established himself as a 1st rounder) and that college leaves individuals in debt. All defendable viewpoints.

On the other hand, the ones I criticized went from most likely very fond feelings about someone to calling him a baby over his statement, which is at the very least is defendable.

If these 2 indictments are of the same merit then I'll agree my misunderstanding of the situation makes me a hypocrite. I see no evidence Nuk "criticize or judges others he disagrees with" as you accuse. So I'll stick to my statement that grown men hiding behind keyboards while criticising a player who was a great representative of their program appear ignorant to me.

All I know is

Nov 9, 2017, 6:47 PM

Every time he made a catch there was a roar of “Nuuuuukkk”. That didn’t occur with Sammy.

I don’t know what things were like within the locker room or how they were treated by the coaches but think Nuk probably should have just not said anything.

I get the impression that his feeling have been known for a while by the insiders in the program. The real question is this a Nuk problem or something more widespread?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2017, 11:45 PM

Many people have made admirable contributions to an institution, movement, group, etc. Man is certainly capable of doing some good things...even great things.

But that does not make one "untouchable" if they also do or say something wrong, insensitive, unfair, or unwise.

Greatness does not somehow just cover and negate flaws.

Mankind is capable of both good and bad, wise and unwise, admirable and shameful behavior. We equally may deserve both kudos and reprimands in our lives. No one is too good for correction.

With respect to Nuk's performance and value at Clemson:

1. Football is a TEAM sport. I heard a lot of "me."
2. To be honest, Nuk DEVELOPED at Clemson into a great player. Sammy came in as a great player.
3. I think Nuke continued to up his game in the NFL. Sammy has been very good, but he has not had the pro career that Nuk has.
4. It was rather obvious that Sammy motivated/pushed Nuk to improve as a WR.
5. Nuk played an awful lot. I don't know how he gathered he was less valued. Sammy's greatness is independent of Nuk's.
6. Football is a TEAM sport. No room for a lot of "me."

Nov 8, 2017, 11:57 PM

Well said. +1

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He was the MVP of the Clemson, Scar game in 2014

Nov 8, 2017, 11:57 PM

When his last game was the 2012 Chick-fil-a Bowl?
You shouldn't add in things like this if you want people to take what you post seriously.

Re: He was the MVP of the Clemson, Scar game in 2014

Nov 9, 2017, 1:05 AM

You are correct. I misremembered the Tay Scott performance for Nuk's, Nuk's big game was the 7 catch 120+ yard performance as a freshman. I stand corrected. If it makes the remainder of my post not be taken seriously, then so be it. Me messing up a stat makes Nuk quite the heel.

Are you offended??***

Nov 9, 2017, 9:14 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are you offended??***

Nov 9, 2017, 6:23 PM

no, i was embarrassed that I was wrong, but hardly changed my point.

Bad mouth my alma mater and I have no allegiance to you...

Nov 9, 2017, 3:37 AM

Nuk will never understand Clemson University because he will never be an Alumnus. All we were was a stepping stone for him to get to the NFL. I'll take Hunter Renfrow ALL DAY LONG!

Everybody loved Nuk. I started following the Texans because

Nov 9, 2017, 6:42 AM

of Nuk. He is the man. Period.

Like it or not Nuk is a little brother.

Nov 9, 2017, 7:29 AM

I appreciate you using the past tense 'loved,' and not the present tense of that verb. I must say, for me the only reason I love Nuk is because I know he got saved and he is my younger brother in Christ. He's part of a family which is knit much tighter than our Clemson family and exist in a bond which I am not at liberty to break. As if I could if I wanted to, huh?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When you attack someone's brother, sister, father...

Nov 9, 2017, 7:25 AM

or mother you expect them to react in a defensive mode. When you attack their entire family and make broad sweeping statements which impeach the reason for their family's existence you have declared a feud.

If Nuk has nearly as much intelligence as you claim he has surely he knows how much the Clemson family loves our University and Football team and what a family feud means. I haven't spoken out against Nuk but I understand why people are reacting to his statements and admit Nuk hurt my feelings when he attacked our family.

See, there is a way to tell someone you don't like them without slandering their good names by attacking their integrity. You feel me?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed.

Nov 9, 2017, 10:18 AM

Also, Nuk pretty well described the higher education bubble, and I think that was part of his intent. On average, tuition has increased 400x over the past 30 years, while household income growth has been relatively flat. Student debt in the US is now sitting at $1 trillion dollars. If wages still aren't rising while we continue to hover near full employment, how exactly does the extra educational cost benefit the college-educated US worker?

Further, I think Nuk is spot-on about his own personal decision to leave early. The average NFL career is 3.3 years.He clearly had NFL talent and could add one extra year of professional income by leaving college a year early. For Nuk, it really is a no-brainer.

I love Clemson. I owe her my career. But I also don't have blinders on about the value of higher education vs. soaring cost.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic