Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Nuk
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 6,266

Nuk

Dec 25, 2017, 4:50 PM

I know it's been asked before but why does nuk not say Clemson during the player intros? Thanks and Merry Christmas to all you tigers out there!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nuk

Dec 25, 2017, 4:52 PM

In a nutshell I think it’s been said he felt disrespected at Clemson and treated as second fiddle to Sammy Watkins

Dec 25, 2017, 5:00 PM

So childish- needs to grow up.

Grow up and do what exactly?

Dec 25, 2017, 5:17 PM

Announce Clemson as his alma mater during the introductions? Or get over his feelings that there wasn't an equitable handling of opportunities amongst receivers? What exactly is he being childish about?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Grow up and do what exactly?

Dec 25, 2017, 6:20 PM

get over what is past, be thankful for what he has and what he learned from coaches and teammates and realize that life is not always fair and that perceptions may not be reality.

Dec 25, 2017, 6:26 PM

Look in a mirror, you're the one being childish caring what a guy says during his player intro. He's not the only NFL player in the country to say something other than his University. Grow up.

Dec 25, 2017, 7:25 PM

I think you misunderstood my point. I think he is a great player and probably a great person- I love to see him play. The high school thing does not bother me. I think letting his past history eat at him is not good for his health, physically or mentally and I only wish him the best. It is kind of like how much better you feel if you can forgive someone a wrong. I only wish the best for him.

Dec 25, 2017, 10:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Grow up and do what exactly? ]

Tell’em coot

Dec 25, 2017, 6:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Grow up and do what exactly? ]

So, it appears that he's thankful for what he learned at Daniel and moved on from his less than positive experience at Clemson. Is he obligated to acknowledge Clemson?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Less than positive experience at Clemson? That's a joke.

Dec 25, 2017, 8:01 PM

He had almost twice the catches and twice the yardage as the #2 receiver his last year, and he leveraged that into a first round draft pick. Boo-freakin-hoo. He was on a team with some other super talented WRs; if he can't handle that, then he is the one with the problem, and get needs to grow up and move on. I don't know what happened on a personal level between Nuk and coaches, but he comes across as very ungrateful, and frankly, immature if he indeed is holding some kind of grudge against Clemson.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Less than positive experience at Clemson? That's a joke.

Dec 25, 2017, 10:56 PM

His experience is his to judge, not anyone else... And last I observed, Nuk has moved on and so should anyone who happens to think that his perspective of his experience is disingenuous...

That's just it, apparently he hasn't moved on. He is the one

Dec 26, 2017, 12:48 AM

that very recently made negative comments about Clemson, and continues to avoid mentioning Clemson as his school. Furthermore, if in his judgement he thinks his Clemson experience was bad because it was a "Ponzi scheme", and he was "the red-headed step child" (his words), then his feelings don't seem to be reflected in reality. Besides, it just so happened that he was here with several other superstar, super talented, future NFL WRs, and if he couldn't handle that without pouting, then he has a problem. I always pull for any former Clemson player to succeed in the NFL, and Nuk has obviously channeled his bitterness into a source of motivation that has propelled him, at least in part, to unimaginable heights. Good for him. I just think his resentment is unfounded and immature.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: That's just it, apparently he hasn't moved on. He is the one

Dec 26, 2017, 1:04 PM

that's where you are wrong, he was asked a question and he answered the question... so, he has moved on; he hasn't gone around bad mouthing Clemson, Dabo, Sammy or anything about the program. but being asked the question, he expressed the truth as he knows it; he left school early because he felt the financial pressure of having grown up facing challenges that no child or young person should have to deal with. additionally, when he answered the question, his biggest beef was with the ncaa and the system, and not Clemson. sure, he felt his talent was on par with Sammy and felt that he was treated as the no. 2 receiver instead of no. 1, but did you ever hear about his displeasure with that status until now? no, so he has moved on and left those thoughts behind unless asked. his comments are truly understood out of context, so please listen to the interview so that you can at least understand the full context of the comments. we don't know the details of his intimate relationship with the staff, so any judgement is based only on bits of knowledge. and again, he had not revealed those thoughts until asked this year...
listen to the interview so that your comments can represent your thoughts based on hearing Nuk himself, rather than having heard third hand commentary. listen for the first twenty minutes, it's very enlightening...
https://youtu.be/S7nV8Sr5p3I

Dec 26, 2017, 2:06 AM [ in reply to Grow up and do what exactly? ]

What could have been done differently? There is only one ball. Not like they wouldn’t throw him the ball. He was also still a first round pick even though he was “disrespected”. I will still root for him and keep up with him but hopefully one day he and Clemson could work things out.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2017, 7:44 PM

Listen to the first twenty minutes of the interview where he expressed those comments, it's in another comment of mine in this thread. it's very enlightening and truly reveals his journey through his early life... facing the challenges he faced and beating them...

Dec 25, 2017, 6:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Nuk ]

I know he didn’t agree with Dabos comments on the whole Kapernick bull sh*t...

No way he was second fiddle. Set receiving records at Clemson, had a crowd calling yelling his nickname after ever catch, and even coordinated his baptism on the practice field. Yea....definitely second fiddle.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Exactly. He was a hero at Clemson and leveraged his

Dec 25, 2017, 8:07 PM

incredible success here into a career that most can only dream of. Any hint of bitterness or ungratefulness toward Clemson is mind-blowing.

- H. L. Mencken

That’s okay - martavis says Clemson.***

Dec 25, 2017, 5:07 PM

Dec 25, 2017, 6:14 PM

I think that he went pro before he graduated

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We get plenty of attention, but

Dec 25, 2017, 9:01 PM

Daniel HS doesn’t get that much.
He’s trying to do his part.

Dec 25, 2017, 9:10 PM

Regardless of what it is, I think we can all agree who the best CLEMSON receiver in the league is, and it's not even close

Hopkins is talked about as one of the best receivers in the league. I'm sure what school he says in his introduction doesn't bother him near as much as most of the people on here

Dec 25, 2017, 10:41 PM

Who gives a sh it about the nfl ?

The high school players that we want to come to Clemson.***

Dec 26, 2017, 4:47 AM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He has complained that college football

Dec 25, 2017, 11:37 PM

is a Ponzi scheme. That may be the reason.

Replies: 23
| visibility 6,266
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic