Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Now that the cat is out of the bag, how long until Michigan
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Now that the cat is out of the bag, how long until Michigan

Oct 24, 2019, 8:35 AM

wins a natty?

<###### async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Now that the cat is out of the bag, how long until Michigan

Oct 24, 2019, 9:05 AM

We aren’t stupid enough to have done this? I’m not joking, is this possible?

Tell 'em u5c coot

Oct 24, 2019, 9:07 AM

smh

Re: Tell 'em u5c coot

Oct 24, 2019, 9:09 AM

You’re a bst@rd! Go screw yourself!

Tell 'em u5c coot

Oct 24, 2019, 9:15 AM

You have a VERY strange Tigernet existence***

Oct 24, 2019, 9:17 AM

Re: You have a VERY strange Tigernet existence***

Oct 24, 2019, 9:29 AM

As do you

Oct 24, 2019, 9:06 AM

Why post this nonsense? You're only giving the idiot the publicity that he desires.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, i do like the Orange door.

Oct 24, 2019, 9:11 AM

Saying..

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2019, 9:08 AM

How long before the Michigan fan boy is sued for slander/libel?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2019, 9:12 AM

University of Clemson

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Remember, Michigan spent all their $$$ on Rashan Gary

Oct 24, 2019, 9:19 AM

Its all about choices.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson and Michigan were actually 2 schools that did not

Oct 24, 2019, 9:27 AM

try and buy Gary. It's one reason he respected both schools.

Re: Clemson and Michigan were actually 2 schools that did not

Oct 24, 2019, 10:03 AM

I have heard very different things on this line.

Most often I have heard that Gary didn't like the SEC schools because they were trying to offer things specifically to him.

The same story adds that Michigan offered things to family members or people close to him, and his inner circle convinced him to choose Michigan so they could get their bribes.

Clemson was supposedly his choice, which is why he looked so unhappy during his commitment announcement.

I believe this is also why many thought Clemson would be his choice because some said he told Dabo before he left that it would be Clemson in the end.

We may never know the true story.

he sure was happy to committ

Oct 24, 2019, 11:23 AM

Mom was happy though, the check has already cleared

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

maybe we should have offered the lady in the white sweater

Oct 24, 2019, 12:41 PM

She's got some length and reach.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: he sure was happy to committ

Oct 24, 2019, 12:49 PM [ in reply to he sure was happy to committ ]

That may have been the most neutral look I have seen in images from him that day.

Most of the time he looked much worse.

Re: Now that the cat is out of the bag, how long until Michigan***

Oct 24, 2019, 10:11 AM

Oct 24, 2019, 10:14 AM

Oct 24, 2019, 10:20 AM

Guys.. Regarding Gary, Michigan doesn't have to buy players. They are Michigan for Pete's sake! Instead they just buy all that players coaches..who in turn convince the kid that their livelihood depends on it. See for example Devon Bush and Gary. Both had coaches/dads hired by MEECHIGAN! To do what? Why build tree houses for WHorebaugh of course!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2019, 4:25 PM

Michigan ain’t shat

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

What a great response

Oct 24, 2019, 10:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Now that the cat is out of the bag, how long until Michigan ]

"A very charming super felon" HAH!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2019, 10:25 AM

I usually hate throwing race into things, but I can't help but think race plays a factor with people who think like this. They're basically saying that this black family couldn't afford a house and cars without someone buying it for them. It's not like Thomas is the only one things like this have been said about. How many times have we seen similar things posted about other players and recruits who happen to have a nice car?

I'm not saying that shady things don't sometimes happen out there, but if your only "evidence" is seeing someone driving in a new car then perhaps you should keep your opinion to yourself?

I also always love the posts about recruits getting jobs from boosters, or being in some business deal, and stating things like that as a known fact when the only thing they're basing the statement on is something they read on the message board of a rival fan base.

Let's even say that a family in a similar situation doesn't have a ton of money. Many Americans spend well beyond their incomes and find themselves in debt. I'd imagine that many families of 5 star recruits and/or high profile college football players find themselves spending above their incomes while racking up credit card debt while assuming they're going to be super rich in a few years when their son goes to the NFL. I'm sure many have gone bankrupt whenever it ends up not working out for that particular player as well.

Michael Gerson calls it "soft bigotry of low expectations"

Oct 24, 2019, 11:22 AM

That's exactly what this is. It is preposterous in this clown's mind that a black family could be successful enough to afford a nice house and cars.

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2019, 11:05 AM

Why the #### is a michigan fan facebook stalking XT's dad?

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Oct 24, 2019, 11:18 AM

Did you see his dad's response?

Oct 24, 2019, 11:37 AM

I also find it funny that people like this think Clemson or whichever other team they want to accuse of cheating has this great system in place to buy recruits while not getting caught, but then turn around and call something like this out as cheating.

Let's pretend we were cheating, we'd obviously not want to get caught right? So why on earth would we have a booster be the one to pay a ton of money to buy the business of a potential recruit? For starters, if we're sending money through the church as so many say, then why didn't we just do that instead of having a booster buy the business? Buying a business comes with a lot of paperwork doesn't it?

Even if we were going to do the whole buy a business thing, then why wouldn't we find a non booster to do the purchase? Wouldn't a program who has been cheating for years without getting caught be smart enough to have a set of people with money not become boosters so they could do things like that without being connected to the school?

Then, apparently we've been smart enough to cheat like crazy without getting caught right? But we aren't smart enough to educate the family of our players to not post about the big money items they're buying?

Also, just how much money do these people actually think is being handed out? This post mentions buying a house and 3 cars at the very least. Are they seriously thinking we were dumb enough to just simply hand over hundreds of thousands of dollars at once so they could pay for those things in cash?

Or are they saying they still got a loan for the house and cars, and are just using our money to make the monthly payments? They do realize the banks would still need to approve their credit and income level in order to approve those loans right? I don't think the bank accepts "A booster from our son's college gives us money for him to play football" under the employment line on the application.

I would try to undercut the upper echelon teams too

Oct 24, 2019, 12:46 PM

If my teams season was over by October.

Oct 24, 2019, 1:02 PM

Eat your heart out you sad SOS

Oct 24, 2019, 1:10 PM

Didn't the county or town buy his business along with many of his neighbors as a redevelopment and renourishment program?

Oct 24, 2019, 1:24 PM

I have no idea. Mr. Thomas mentioned in his reply that he still owns the business.

Oct 24, 2019, 1:23 PM

I was dumb enough to read some of the comments. One idiot was saying the father admitted in the post that Clemson had bought the house based on the "orange door because we are All In" comment. Anyone with a brain knows he meant that they picked the door color due to the Clemson ties, but this idiot took that to mean they were able to have the house because of being All In.

What is This "University of Clemson"?

Oct 24, 2019, 4:27 PM

Never heard of it

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is this what that redneck coot idiot was talking about...

Oct 24, 2019, 4:54 PM

on the Qualk & Kelly show this afternoon? He made Bulldog Will sound like a genius.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic