Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Now that I have slept on it
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Now that I have slept on it

Jan 2, 2018, 9:57 AM

the primary issue was offensive line. They just got whipped. When that happens nothing else works. KB and RB had very little chance to do anything.

The two big chances we had in passing game Cain dropped. You get very few of those and he really let us down. Catch those and you never know. If we are WRU we have got to have some guys get some 50/50 balls. Hopefully Tee and some of the young guys will grow into that.

Overall great season. Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True. For the game plan we had, we would have needed...

Jan 2, 2018, 10:00 AM

the Dallas Cowboys Oline. Bad game plan and wrong QB with our OL vs their DL.

This really was an excellent season. Given all we

Jan 2, 2018, 10:08 AM

lost from the skill positions on offense, you could argue this team greatly overachieved. Many had us 3rd in the Atlantic preseason. Winning the ACC is strong.

The big disappointment is the fact that our OL was our strength. Four returning off a championship line should have meant we could at least hold our own against a great D. Not last night. The OL got pwned.

Still, this team had a better year than expected by most.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Now that I have slept on it

Jan 2, 2018, 10:08 AM

Agreed, and although the OL's performance was terrible it was a total team loss. Coaches, players, etc....

For the 1st time in a while Clemson didn't look ready to play in the post-season.

Clemson was on roller-skates and got knocked around all night. Players weren't making routine plays or executing, we didn't play fast, and we weren't physical.

It looked like the Syracuse game all over again.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2018, 10:17 AM

Can't say I agree with that to be honest. Though Bama did move the ball some, the D actually did pretty decent. They held Bama's O to 17 points....17. (the pick 6 is not an offensive score). That could typically win any game. The D did their part. Were there some issues on D, yes, but overall they kept us where we could have been in the game and won it. It was an offensive issue. The line did not hold up, at all. And when there is that much breakdown in the O-line, Bryant nor the RB's have any time to do anything. Our Offensive trenches and dropped WR passes were the big let down.

Jan 2, 2018, 10:19 AM

And that's also in comparison to Syracuse...where the D did not step up. The D and a hurt Bryant lost us that game, the offense alone lost us this one.

Jan 2, 2018, 10:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Now that I have slept on it ]

I’d even say the D really only gave up 10. They scored 14 off of turnovers and the DL TD was given after a 45ish yard INT. Can’t really blame them for giving up a TD when that offense is on the goal line

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2018, 10:14 AM

I keep thinking about how our walk on punter couldn't flip the field even once. When teams are even, it's hard to have a walk on at a position like that.

Jan 2, 2018, 10:35 AM

I disagree....

The offensive line cannot block 8-9 elite guys and the reason they were stacking is
Bryant cannot throw it over 10 yards...he could not read their defense pre snap and never did I see him check off a play...its like the sideline says this and come hell or high water that play is what I HAVE TO RUN BC my football IQ is like 0....i cannot recognize the heat and find matchups that favor our offense....just throw it over there bc that is where sign says to throw it or hell run it up the gut into a stacked box.......the playbook
is VANILLA as i had ever seen it. we ran like 50 plays vs 100 last year.

You think Saban would have stacked against Watson, and not paid the price? LOL....I knew before the season started #2 was a liability with no upside...what did he have 7 TD passes going into Citadel?

We can beat ACC teams with finesse and a QB who cannot throw it just bc we have more talent...but you play a team with as much or more talent you have to ALL THE SPACE you can get to make our finesse offense work. They forced #2 to beat them and he could not do it and I knew it going into the game he was the determining factor...just do not know how our coaches did not see for 3-4 weeks that Bryant would struggle big time vs Bama....why not prepare Hunter to come in a few downs and throw it deep...keep bama guessing maybe few run plays with Hunter, something....

I almost wish we would move to the SEC so we would be forced to get out of this finesse style offense.

Jan 2, 2018, 10:41 AM

Thank you! Glad somebody said it..

Jan 2, 2018, 10:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Now that I have slept on it ]

I agree with everything you said except the part about "finesse". You're dead wrong about that. There was nothing finesse about this team this year. It was all pretty vanilla RPO's. LAST YEAR'S team was more "finesse" because we had an All Time Great QB and great receivers/tight ends that could bail us out when our run game got stalled. We tried to run the ball until we realized we couldn't, and when we went to the passing game, the OL and the RB's couldn't hold onto their blocks.

So again, you're wrong. There was nothing "finesse" about this team this year, and you proved that by the "only 7 passing td's before Citadel" comment.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic