Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm really hoping Monte uses the "hit a homerun" signal more
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

I'm really hoping Monte uses the "hit a homerun" signal more

Feb 28, 2020, 12:29 PM

tonight than he has in recent games. Granted, he's proven it is a successful strategy to wait until the other team balks a run in, but I'm guessing UofSuCk has already watched film on that and will be ready. It would completely take them by surprise if our guys hit ball far.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I'm really hoping Monte uses the "hit a homerun" signal more

Feb 28, 2020, 12:38 PM

I have watched most of the games and have yet to see a ball even hit to the fence (by us). I'm not sure how many HRs we have but it couldn't be many. I don't really care as long as we are getting hits, but they have not been particularly plentiful either. Hope all of that changes tonight.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The good news is UofSuCk can't hit either. I think both

Feb 28, 2020, 12:42 PM

coaches should get together and agree on a specific time in the game where they will let hitters start hitting off a tee. When it will be 0-0 headed to the top of the 8th, I don't see why we can't add a little excitement to the game at that point.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: The good news is UofSuCk can't hit either. I think both

Feb 28, 2020, 1:08 PM

Does "small ball" mean that you do not try and hit home runs and score a lot of runs intentionally so you will put more pressure on our pitchers to throw shutouts? ;)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sort of, but mostly it is meant to put pressure on

Feb 28, 2020, 1:21 PM

the other team's pitchers and force them to balk runners home.

"our guys hit ball far" ?

Feb 28, 2020, 12:59 PM

I bet you'll be sitting in Confessed Coot 's lap the whole time.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

How would that be different than

Feb 28, 2020, 1:10 PM

any other Friday night for GWPCoot?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: How would that be different than

Feb 28, 2020, 1:15 PM

He sits on his lap the Hole time...

And Confessed doesn’t make GWP get up to change the channel during this game

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No personal attacks. Final warning.***

Feb 28, 2020, 1:23 PM

Never heard of her***

Feb 28, 2020, 1:22 PM [ in reply to "our guys hit ball far" ? ]

If I were into ignoring things I don't like or agree with

Feb 28, 2020, 1:28 PM

I would never respond to your posts.

You seem to keep harping on our “hit ball far inconsistency," but again, baseball teams by nature are inconsistent. It's much harder to go undefeated in baseball than it is football or basketball, due to more games played during the baseball season as well as more quality teams in baseball. It's not like football or basketball where you have 3-5 elite teams who are clearly better than everyone else, 15-20 quality teams, and everyone else. In baseball, you have a lot of good high major teams plus many good mid-major teams. Upsets happen. Losing games we don't think we should isn't unique to Clemson, no matter how much you want it to be.

This year has been complicated by several factors:

-Having to replace nearly 90% of our production from last year
-Lots of new faces (transfers and freshmen)
-Significant injuries

The combination of these meant that we were likely to struggle this year, especially early on. It's a testament to our coaches and players that we have overcome these early season struggles and are now playing excellent baseball.

Rather than whining about the negatives, including those you have to go back years to find, why not applaud our team for overcoming adversity, sticking together, and improving as the year has gone on?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I’m glad Monte listened to my suggestion

Feb 29, 2020, 12:23 AM

I think that’s all the proof we need that Coach Lee reads the Tiger Board(s)

Now if only Brownlee could get on bored...

Feb 29, 2020, 4:51 AM

More often. I think he only gets advice from here before big games. The gurus offer valuable words of wisdom for Yale and WF and GT, too. I have a good feeling that he’ll figure out that T-Net is his best coaching mentor during his next decade coaching Clemson.

~JKB

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Now if only Brownlee could get on bored...

Feb 29, 2020, 6:56 AM

... I’m not sure how it’s going to help the basketball team to hit ball hard?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

They need to hit the ball hard with blocks into Criminoles players’ faces today.

Feb 29, 2020, 7:05 AM

Knock about 4 or 5 of them out with concussions and we win!

C’mon, Unk! It’s a solid basketball stratamagie.

~JKB

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic