Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Now his lawyer says his decision has been months in the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Now his lawyer says his decision has been months in the

May 17, 2018, 9:03 PM

making. Well, since he just signed in December, which was 5 months ago, it must have been very soon after signing. Trust me, I know an illness can come up very quickly. I have experienced that with family members and very serious illnesses. But I'm just wondering why never a mention of an illness in any of these updates. I'm also wondering if an illness came up right after signing, or leaving for Clemson. I guess it's all water under the bridge now. I do hope any health issue works out for the best. It just seems strange that the lawyer is saying that the decision has been months in the making, and that he Belk approached him in the manner in which he describes.

http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/acc/clemson-university/article211334489.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Now his lawyer says his decision has been months in the

May 17, 2018, 9:07 PM

You know what also happened several months ago? The D-line shocking everyone announcing their return. I agree with you, could very well be a legit reason for belk departing, but it just all seems sketchy

May 17, 2018, 9:09 PM

If he's not willing to compete for a spot, then he's not the type of player that would thrive here.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

May 18, 2018, 6:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Now his lawyer says his decision has been months in the ]

3 years of being 3rd or 4th team will do that. If he does not want to work, we don't need him. If he is not all-in, needed to be "all out".

Please stop restating that nonsense

May 18, 2018, 6:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Now his lawyer says his decision has been months in the ]

1 DL (I repeat 1 DL) announces they would return to clemson. The DEs have no impact on his playing time.

Didn’t another DT or two transfer opening up even more playing time?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Please stop restating that nonsense

May 18, 2018, 7:21 PM

Point is still the fact that it's obvious to any DT on the roster not #90 that barring injury, no one is starting in front of Dexter the year he returns 100%, so all of them were in hopes to gain their first string shot in Wilkins place (that exact 1 DL). That's all it took....anyone set behind Dexter was always going to be a #2 or worse....until he leaves. Wilkins was the opening they all had, and his return announcement means now barring injuries, #90 and #42 will be the 1st string main guys. That doesn't bode well if his thoughts were he could compete and get early playing time to be the main replacement. Seems like the "big boy on campus" scenario....he just realized he's not the only 5 star DT on the team.

A freshman expecting significant playing time

May 18, 2018, 7:56 PM

On a consistent top 5 team in the country?

Take a year. Learn. Develop. Get in the weight room. And be a stud year 2 onward.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A freshman expecting significant playing time

May 18, 2018, 8:06 PM

You'd be surprised...some guys are used to being the big dog, the "best guy" on the line....it's not until they get in college that they get the shock that they are now surrounded by "best guys", and some just never get rid of the big head, or some come to the realization that they will have to sit, and don't like it....think Demarre Kitt and Kyrin Priester, happened with them too.

I hope this lawyer keeps talking

May 17, 2018, 9:08 PM

at this rate he's bound to get USuC into some trouble

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

i mean how could he say, he thinks maybe this was

May 17, 2018, 9:14 PM

months in the making? Wouldn't he know the exact origin would have to be when the family member got sick? And why is Tennessee calling when they know he needs to be closer to home? It just doesn't add up.

Stormy Belk? Maybe his lawyer is Michael Avenetti.***

May 18, 2018, 5:56 PM [ in reply to I hope this lawyer keeps talking ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

"...newfound respect..." for Dabo and Clemson. What a jackwad.***

May 17, 2018, 9:10 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: "...newfound respect..." for Dabo and Clemson. What a jackwad.***

May 18, 2018, 7:26 PM

He's a Dawg fan, if that helps explain.

May 17, 2018, 9:22 PM

The same attorney that's also a personal injury lawyer? AKA ambulance chaser! This keeps getting better.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Belk and Lance Thompson

May 17, 2018, 9:26 PM

I've never been one to claim that I have a lot of inside sources, mainly because I don't. Nonetheless, I've heard a few things about this situation. Belk has stated that he has heard from USuC's compliance staff, and that's interesting in and of itself. I'll be very interested to see what transpires here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2018, 8:21 AM

Chain of events:

1. belk signs and arrives on campus
2. Entire D-line returns
3. Belk could possibly be upset about this
4. belk realizes he doesn't like clemson
5. Belk talks with gamecocks for a way out of this
6. gamecocks team Belk up with lawyer to comb over NCAA rules and his Clemson papers
7. Belk has a family member with some health issues
8. Lawyer realizes he can use 'family member' as a scape goat to get him out of clemson unconditionally
9. The bluff works against dabo, and dabo releases him
10. ??????????????????????????????????

I think Belk is going to sit for a couple months until the dust settles to sign with the coots. NCAA investigation may pursue. I'm sure Dabo and the boys are all over it.

May 18, 2018, 8:55 AM

Pretty good assumptions.
Reasonable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2018, 6:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Now his lawyer says his decision has been months in the ]

I agree.

There is not ONE word about any illness or sick family

May 18, 2018, 8:39 AM

In that article.

IF there’s no sick family, he should have never been granted unlimited transfer!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo only granted it so that he looked good

May 18, 2018, 8:43 AM

But I fully believe that Dabo knew the NCAA would not allow for him to play immediately. Wouldn't be surprised if Dabo has already filled the NCAA in on what he knows.

Dabo, yet again, played this like a master.

Snowflake Basher........Out

That’s one #### of an early call G-x-3***

May 18, 2018, 8:47 AM

Oh gawd....perhaps dabo talked to the kid

May 18, 2018, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Dabo only granted it so that he looked good ]

Saw how miserable he was and just let him leave. When has dabo stopped a kid from transferring?

Why does there always have to be a smoking man?

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

When the transfer is to your arch rival and has spent a

May 18, 2018, 5:50 PM

semester getting GPA, room, board, practice, training table, and most importantly playbook and tendincies that will go to the arch rival while he is there and long after.

That's when.

That's why!***

May 18, 2018, 5:51 PM

Re: Oh gawd....perhaps dabo talked to the kid

May 18, 2018, 7:47 PM [ in reply to Oh gawd....perhaps dabo talked to the kid ]

They did Demarre Kitt...he's taken down the shot of the official letter he posted off his Instagram that said he was blocked from South Carolina...but you can see it discussed in this old thread:
https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Wouldnt-it-have-made-sense-for-Demarre-Kitt-to-go-somewhere-1648824

Dabo has said about all he'll say about this.

May 18, 2018, 7:56 PM [ in reply to Dabo only granted it so that he looked good ]

He hasn't and will not share anything with the NCAA. Dabo's reason for his handling this situation are private to him and select people in his life. We will never know why JB left unless we choose to believe what was said about family issues. We'll never know the details unless it comes from JB's side and frankly, I don't believe a word of what they've said and nary one they will say.

It's all up to the NCAA now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo has said about all he'll say about this.

May 18, 2018, 8:00 PM

All I can say is he better HOPE he sits out a year....sure would be a shame to have the jumbo package installed specifically to target your side with the DL captains you left:

May 18, 2018, 7:30 PM

Just another Nkemdick

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic