Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Men Are Trash, Why Do People Still Date Them?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 532

If Men Are Trash, Why Do People Still Date Them?

Apr 24, 2019, 1:49 PM

From the files of the unintentionally hilarious...

https://melmagazine.com/en-us/story/if-men-are-trash-why-do-people-still-date-them

Grace, a 31-year-old copywriter from Washington, D.C., cannot understand her own compulsion to date men. “I’m bi, so I could theoretically make my life about 25 times better just by cutting out romantic interactions with men,” she tells me. “But I find men fascinating, and I feel sort of magnetized toward them, even though they’re so deeply lacking in self-awareness, lazy and often gross.” Sex is a big part of the reason she keeps coming back for more. “I love ****ing them and being ****ed by them, and when sex with men is good, it’s outrageously good,” she continues. “It’s just not good very often.”

Grace describes men as “universally trash,” and says that dating women feels easier — almost disconcertingly so. (“We can’t both be the adult in the relationship, can we? How does this work?”) She suspects she’ll keep dating men, even though the experience leaves her “on the brink despair and yearning for something better.” Still, she believes she must be getting something out of it, even though it’s not clear exactly what that is.

Over the past several years, there has been a growing acknowledgement among people — young women in particular — who date men of their failings, aided by social media platforms like Twitter where users come together to commiserate about their abject romantic and sexual experiences. The controversial phrase “men are trash” has become a rallying cry for those fed up with harmful, oblivious and just plain ###### male behavior, reaching a crescendo in September last year when the phrase and associated hashtag trended. The #MeToo movement has shed light on male violence and institutionalized abuses of power, and digital media platforms are increasingly willing to discuss the quotidian disappointments of dating men like the ###### gap and burden of domestic labor. Dating men, it seems, is no picnic.

Why, then, does anyone bother? It’s a question for the ages, but in an attempt to understand this apparently masochistic impulse, I spoke to more than 50 people who date men — mostly straight and bisexual women, but also a handful of gay men and non-binary people — about why they keep coming back for more.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

keep ####### back for that ####

Apr 24, 2019, 1:59 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thatfuckingsad.gif***

Apr 24, 2019, 2:00 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty much the same reasons men keep women

Apr 24, 2019, 2:21 PM

around in spite of their ability to be annoying as hell.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And crazy.***

Apr 24, 2019, 2:24 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But they're excellent liars.

Apr 24, 2019, 2:51 PM

Oh, and deceptive, which is part and parcel with manipulation and lying.

And don't forget complaining all the time.

And don't bother to ask them how their day went. 100% chance they'll tell you how bad it sucked.
You'll never hear "Oh, it was great."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd settle for not being asked how mine was. Maybe

Apr 24, 2019, 2:52 PM

cut it down to every other day.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And they call me bitter?

Apr 24, 2019, 2:58 PM [ in reply to But they're excellent liars. ]

On 8/10 days I can ask my wife how her day is, and she won't complain, nor lie, nor relay how much her day sucked.

I don't know who you are hanging out with, but I'd find some new people.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you marry godzilla?

Apr 24, 2019, 4:24 PM [ in reply to But they're excellent liars. ]

Even my ex-wife, who I hate, was never as bad as the women you seem to have interacted with.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What happened with her?***

Apr 24, 2019, 5:21 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm a recovering "nice guy".***

Apr 25, 2019, 8:28 AM [ in reply to Did you marry godzilla? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dr House claims everyone lies.

Apr 24, 2019, 8:40 PM [ in reply to But they're excellent liars. ]

Women are not just deceptive they are employee craftiness and maliciousness with that and it's a horror to someone who strives to be honest. If you cheat on one, you deserve what you get, imo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's a reason they always find a woman to use to attack

Apr 25, 2019, 8:27 AM

a male politician. If I ran an international spy agency (CIA, whatever), all my spies would be women if the target was male.

And tell the good doctor women cheat just as much as men, but are much better at hiding it because of all of those attributes.

You obviously

Apr 24, 2019, 10:00 PM [ in reply to Pretty much the same reasons men keep women ]

dont know how to sex them.

-Tesla

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Thats what I said decades ago.

Apr 24, 2019, 2:35 PM

I won't date them either.

You said,

Apr 24, 2019, 3:21 PM

“I love ****ing them and being ****ed by them, and when sex with men is good, it’s outrageously good. It’s just not good very often.”

okay then

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You've become the lunge homophobe.

Apr 24, 2019, 3:26 PM

I refuse to question a man's homosexuality.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, I said "men are trash"

Apr 24, 2019, 3:28 PM [ in reply to You said, ]

Because most of them are.

I've never had, nor wanted, any of them to #### me.

You don't have to justify homosexual behavior to him.

Apr 24, 2019, 3:30 PM

He's the jounge homophobe, pay him no mind and have your fun, sis.

lulz

Apr 24, 2019, 3:36 PM

Its hard enough to deal with a woman who wants to be a woman.

I can't imagine dealing with a dude who wants to be a woman.

"What's wrong with Dwayne?!"

Apr 24, 2019, 4:15 PM

Ahh you know, he thinks he's a woman now, so once he gets 6 beers in he just starts crying.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems they act a bit like teenage girls to me.

Apr 24, 2019, 4:22 PM [ in reply to lulz ]

Lesbians have a tendency to act like teenage boys too. Yes, I have a daughter who spent over a decade in a homosexual relationship(s). I have a ton of funny stories and a few that are nothing to laugh about

Well, they have to base what they think being a woman is...

Apr 24, 2019, 5:23 PM

on something. It's why "trans" people are often ultra-feminine, because they're just trying to be like the stereotype of a woman they fantasize themselves being.

Yeah, I got a different theory but it's based on...

Apr 24, 2019, 8:37 PM

conjecture and subject to crippling scrutiny. I've spend a few weeks in close contact with my daughter's partner. We were more than kind and polite to one another and if she likes me as much as I like her we could have become like family.

One evening we all had dinner at out at a little place in the northern part of Mississippi near where the kids lived. Of course they brought a guy with them who happened to be exploring his confusion over gender preference. The girls sat together which left me sitting with the kid. People really started giving us the eye and I requested to sit by my daughter.

It raised all their eyebrows and the girl with my daughter ask if I feared being viewed as gay. I told them I didn't care about being called gay but it bothered me for everyone in the place thinking I'm a pedofile. Of course they all had a laugh and we swapped places without more comment.

On the way home the GF commented that she thought I was pretty cool and someone she'd like to have a beer with. A few months later they moved to TN not far from where I lived. The GF and I set a date to have an afternoon drink and when we met I paid. She drank a few, loosen up and started boasting about how she didn't have to work.

She said she had women all over the place wanting her to live with them and not worry about money or bills.

I hadn't heard a claim that outrageous since the heavy bullchit my friends and I told back when we were teens. Women on a thousand hills, as if.

I can't share my theory for reluctance to hurt feelings. You might get the concept from what I've written in this thread.

Now I'm supposed to date a woman!?

Apr 24, 2019, 3:24 PM

Have you tried dating one lately?

Re: Now I'm supposed to date a woman!?

Apr 25, 2019, 12:23 AM

The prospect of dating a woman is so scary it's kept me married to the same one for nigh on 48 years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 532
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic