Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
November 30, 2013
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

November 30, 2013

Apr 20, 2013, 6:33 PM

I'm at The Heritage wearing my orange tiger hat with a white paw and I've had at least ten coots walk by me and hold up four fingers. One gave me a Fonzie thumbs up and said "one for the thumb in 2013." I'm close to smacking the next punk coot who does it. We better thrash those thugs this year. No excuses. Boyd is a legitimate Heisman candidate and may go down as our best QB ever. An 0-5 records versus the coots would unfairly taint him. I think we will go undefeated this year but an 11-1 record with a loss to them is unacceptable. I hope our guys think about that everyday this summer while training.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't care if we're 11-0...

Apr 20, 2013, 6:52 PM

November 30 is the ONLY GAME that matters this year

Re: I don't care if we're 11-0...

Apr 20, 2013, 9:58 PM

Did you bother to stop and think before you posted this,because if the only game that matters this year is Nov.30th you won't be 11-0!

Re: I don't care if we're 11-0...

Apr 21, 2013, 8:07 AM

Sic 'im, leftie.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

no, just no.***

Apr 21, 2013, 2:39 PM [ in reply to I don't care if we're 11-0... ]

One.

Apr 20, 2013, 6:53 PM

At. a. time. Its a Marathon not a sprint.

Re: November 30, 2013

Apr 20, 2013, 9:56 PM

Boyd maybe a legimate Heisman candiate,but so is Jadeveon Clowney,or did you forget that?
And if I remember correctly he pretty much took over the game in the Valley last year,or did you forget that?
And the game this year is in Columbia,or did you forget that?
And I think there are a few other games on the schedule that could contribute to keep us from going undefeated,something that hasn't happened in 32 years,or did you forget that?
And I suspect the guys down in Columbia are thinking the same thing this summer,that a loss to us in Williams Brice is also unacceptable.

They have been us the past 4 years but...

Apr 20, 2013, 10:03 PM

JC did not take over that game last year. He was held in check most of the game until they scored to go up two scores with about 5 minutes to go and we quit. Then he padded his stats. Go back and look. He is agreat big strong pass rusher but he not any better than other DE in stoppign the rush. We will win next year but it will be a slug-fest.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They have been us the past 4 years but...

Apr 20, 2013, 10:51 PM

I hate the coots but ignorance to facts doesnt help anything. Clowney owned us. I dont know where you get that he padded his stats in the last 5 minutes. I was there. He had a cople first half sacks. He had one on our first drive of the second half. He forced an INT by Boyd when we were driving early in the 4th quarter.

Hey Leftie

Apr 21, 2013, 12:52 AM [ in reply to Re: November 30, 2013 ]

Your Coot stink is unbearable. Clowney isn't a legit Heisman contender. His signature play comes from a game in which he didn't even have 5 tackles.

Re: Hey Leftie

Apr 21, 2013, 3:52 AM

http://www.heisman.com/winners/j-manziel12.php

That's odd, because Clowney finished ahead of Boyd on this year's ballot. Also, since when does it matter where and when his best play took place? He clearly has enough influence on the game to finish 6th on the ballot as a true sophomore. Boyd can't say the same, even though he plays QB.

the nyc touchdown club is a freaking joke.

Apr 21, 2013, 5:12 AM

there were at least 5 de's last year better than clowney. lsu had two of them. just run straight at clowney and you take him out of his game. he is a great speed rusher, no more, no less.

Re: the nyc touchdown club is a freaking joke.

Apr 21, 2013, 12:04 PM

If you don't like the Heisman voting, how about the Ted Hendricks Award, AT&T Player of the Year Award, every NFL scout, and the SEC Coaches who voted him Defensive Player of the Year over LSU's Montgomery and Mingo (I would think SEC coaches know who requires the most preparation)?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Hendricks_Award
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AT%26T_ESPN_All-America_Player
http://www.wltx.com/sports/article/211488/4/Clowney-Sanders-Win-Coaches-Player-of-the-Year-Awards

i said he was a great speed rusher, what else do you want?

Apr 21, 2013, 1:21 PM

he's just not that great when a big back runs straight at him. also, he doesn't get as many double teams as you would expect a player of his ilk to demand - i guess sec,and all other coaches, know how to prepare,too.
as far as the nyc touchdown club, i maintain that it is a complete joke - the best player(or the most hyped player) on a good team, gets the award over more deserving players every year.

Re: i said he was a great speed rusher, what else do you want?

Apr 21, 2013, 7:27 PM

Unfortunately, we didnt know how to prepare for him. We win that game sans Clowney.

Re: Hey Leftie

Apr 21, 2013, 10:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Hey Leftie ]

Last year's ballot has no influence on the 2013 ballot. If he wins it he will have to put up insane numbers since no D-linemen has ever won it and Ndamakung Suh finished like 4th and was absolutely unstoppable for Nebraska his whole last year.

But seriously...

Apr 21, 2013, 4:37 AM

Lets let Boyd and Clowney spell Heisman for the win . Jadeveon can use his crayons if he rolls up his nappy mat and puts away his sippy cup.
Go Tigers

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

But seriously...

Apr 21, 2013, 4:38 AM

Lets let Boyd and Clowney spell Heisman for the win . Jadeveon can use his crayons if he rolls up his nappy mat and puts away his sippy cup.
Go Tigers

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

*&

Apr 21, 2013, 4:46 AM

No defensive player will win the Heisman. Clowney is a terrific player no doubt but he and players like Suh or Farley and some other defensive guys that have been mentioned just cannot compete with the touchdown makers , not in the voters eyes at least.
If Morris has any moxie and finds a running game this year out of a stable of unproven backs we should be able to win every game. Our tempo on offense is a real problem but if you only run 59 plays it means you lose , be it to the Coots or whomever . LSU found out that Clemson has what it takes to force the tempo...now lets do it to the Dawgs and Coots this year on our way to the BCSNCG !!

DB23

Apr 21, 2013, 12:02 PM

The ARROGANCE of these trolling inbred Coots on here, is really starting to PI$$ me off!!

They act like we have never beaten them in their roach motel stadium before! Or "did you forget that"??

Cant wait for that "thumb" to be shoved up their A.......

Apr 21, 2013, 12:09 PM

I apologize if I'm wrong.....but you seem to be using the troll approach to stir up T-Net. Pretend to be a fan and point out the coots recent success with a little too much over the top drama.

Apr 21, 2013, 12:59 PM

to sum it up:
Clowney is not a contender (finished 6th, ahead of TB)
Clowney is no good (holds your sack record)
Clowney could not get into Clemson (yet he never tried)
Next game in Cola and we lose
etc.

You guys are some deliusional TATERS.

BUT, You tell 'em coots.

What are you babbling about? And who said anything about

Apr 21, 2013, 1:10 PM

Clowney's game?

Apr 21, 2013, 10:27 PM [ in reply to Re: November 30, 2013 ]

It's pretty funny how 4 wins makes you think you're so high and mighty. You still have never won the SEC and have not played in a BCS Bowl and until you do you won't be considered one of the best in the nation. You have beaten us 4 times but Clemson has also done that twice to you in my lifetime (I'm 20) but I didn't make bumper stickers or start yelling "Fear the Thumb."

Nov 30th

Apr 21, 2013, 1:22 PM

This place will be in meltdown mode after losing 5 in a row to the Gamecocks

Re: Nov 30th

Apr 21, 2013, 7:49 PM

I don't think I've ever seen a fan base so infatuated with a rival as the coots are in us. I mean they have a little winning streak right now but talk about a fan base that obviously has never been there before, sheesh. These little runs of their's occur about once every 40 years.

In the history of the rivalry we have had many streaks like this and have won as many as seven in a row. In that time, I don't think we ever came up with cutesy little slogans like "one for the thumb". They put this stuff on tee shirts, bumber stickers, hats, billboards.

Total "little brother" syndrome.

Re: Nov 30th

Apr 21, 2013, 10:27 PM [ in reply to Nov 30th ]

Spurrier's head will explode before anything else happens.

Apr 21, 2013, 3:14 PM

Why don't you just give them ONE finger;)

Pelion

Apr 21, 2013, 10:18 PM

Dont you think not knowing how to prepare for clowney is a serious coaching issue? It was the last game of the year. Why yall thiught you could handle him one on one after watching film of every team having to put two men on him is beyond me...

Anyway, you all say he isnt that good, no more no less, etc. but yet this kid will be the #1 pick in the draft, id say that is pretty good. ##### will make it 5 in a row this year. This has been the same offseason song and dance for you giys, but the reality is not the SC owns Clemson, it is that SC owns Tahj Boyd. Dont believe me? Check the stats. That includes Spiller, Allen, Watkins, Hopkins, Ellington. The numbers dont lie in The TB tenure vs. SC.

Re: Pelion

Apr 21, 2013, 10:29 PM

Clowney is the best defensive linemen in the country, I will admit that. But I don't see a fifth loss happening, sorry.

Re: Pelion

Apr 22, 2013, 12:45 AM [ in reply to Pelion ]

"Anyway, you all say he isnt that good, no more no less, etc."

I see a lot of people jokingly make fun of his intelligence but I don't think I've ever seen anyone say he wasn't a great DE. Trying to make a point with hearsay by summing up a false opinion of an entire fanbase is a terrible way to make a point.

Also, for some unknown reason, our coaching staff decided to abandon the run giving Clowney an ample amount of time to pressure Tajh. I think we handled him fairly well in the first half (we led, in case you forgot), then laid an egg in the second half with pass happy play calling. That game was winnable, our coaching staff didn't get the job done. Try looking at things a little more objectively before you get on your knees in front of Clowney and smile like a doughnut.

Apr 22, 2013, 12:33 AM

He mad

ah...theyre no threat...little fluke run is over***

Apr 22, 2013, 12:44 AM

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic