Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Notre Dame just got tougher.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Notre Dame just got tougher.

Jul 18, 2020, 10:40 AM

Word is away teams this year will fly in and out on the same day in an effort to avoid Covid at hotels. AD’s are paranoid the unknowns of away hotels. Makes for a long day for the players.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Notre Dame just got tougher.

Jul 18, 2020, 10:46 AM

Does anyone really want to spend more than a day in south bent Indiana?

Jul 18, 2020, 10:52 AM

Yes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2020, 1:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Notre Dame just got tougher. ]

No

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

2hrs was enough***

Jul 20, 2020, 11:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Notre Dame just got tougher. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jul 18, 2020, 10:47 AM

To heck with ND. No conference, no games. End of story.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2020, 11:03 AM

That is the way it should be, but, Swofford has catered to ND once again, and will honor all OOC scheduling with ND in FB... I personally believe this would have been perfect timing for giving ND the choice of joining the ACC with their FB program, or the ACC would have to cancel all OOC games with them also, especially if the ACC cancels all OOC games against our home state rivals that has been played over a hundred years before ND ever even thought of joining a conference with all their other sports, minus FB!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2020, 12:09 PM

Neutered Fame = more revenue. It’s all about the Harriets baby!$$$&

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2020, 3:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Notre Dame just got tougher. ]

The deal with ND isn't to only benefit ND, and it's not as if Swofford can simply do things like add ND or any other team to the conference without the approval of the ACC school presidents. ND adds revenue to the ACC, and they make those television contracts more attractive for the networks.

Offering to keep our games with ND for this coming season(if it happens) and offering to add more games for them also allows the ACC more bargaining power to keep more of our television revenue for this upcoming season since the season will be shorter. The reason the OOC games have been cancelled anyway is to allow the conferences to put guidelines for testing, travel, cleaning, etc... which they have no power to enforce on other conferences. I'd very well imagine that ND will agree to be on board with whatever guidelines the ACC decides to set.

We def need ND on the schedule ...

Jul 18, 2020, 2:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Notre Dame just got tougher. ]

Def need them I’d rather drop scar and play ND if we had to it may be our only big win looking back at the end of the season (although I do think Louisville could be ranked and more than likely will have a ranked win when we beat UNC in the champ ) but scar does nothing for us... look what they did last year kept dropping us back and I wouldn’t be surprised if we were to go like 10-0 or whatever with no win at ND we would be talked about being left out if other teams are there too

Jul 18, 2020, 11:43 AM

New neighbor is a dame grad, I really need this season to happen. Already told me they were robbed in the monsoon game lol.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2020, 12:12 PM

did you tell him we've already played a makeup game where they had the opportunity to show the monsoon game was a fluke?

Obviously we proved the fact them made it close was a fluke.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2020, 1:37 PM

lol yeah, he seemed to have forgotten that one

Jul 18, 2020, 12:10 PM

I'll be there watching our young Tigers will their way past the refs, the Irish and the home crowd to remain undefeated. And I'll arrive a day or two early to visit the storied town and freshen up a bourbon or two with a splash of ginger ale. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2020, 12:13 PM

Hopefully it’s not good bourbon that you adulterate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Why would you ruin perfectly good

Jul 20, 2020, 12:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Notre Dame just got tougher. ]

Ginger ale

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2020, 12:29 PM

Wouldn't that make them the "Flighting Irish?"

Jul 18, 2020, 12:29 PM

I feel that our schedule is going to be modified. If we go to three regional pods consisting of five teams each, we will not play Notre Dame. Will be four teams closer to us. I am thinking Ga Tech is a definite and three North Carolina schools.

Jul 18, 2020, 12:59 PM

This game will happen. It will be THE game of the year for the ACC and Notre Dame.

Jul 20, 2020, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Notre Dame just got tougher. ]

I would think that our pod would include, Ga. Tech, Florida State, Miami and one NC school, probably Wake Forest. Those are the five schools that are the most Southern in location.

Jul 18, 2020, 12:31 PM

Good thing it is a 7:30 game and not 12 or 3:30 and having to fly in early in the morning

Hotels that are open or will open once it clears more

Jul 18, 2020, 2:19 PM

are incredibly attentive to anti-viral cleaning and protocols right now. Surely there will be a hotel in most areas that the team would travel to that can accommodate the players and staff in ultra clean and safe conditions. Ancillary elements might be day of due to lack of overall hotel room supply, but imagine most venue areas will work with a hotel and the program supporters to help.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If I were DRad, I would proceed just like normal for a Road Game

Jul 18, 2020, 2:30 PM

Unless there are serious repercussions for doing so. The Team is going to have to have some type of Facility for a Pregame Meal, etc. I seriously doubt they would roll into South Bend at 4:45 or 5:00 pm, get off the Bus, get dressed, warmups, etc.

Re: Hotels that are open or will open once it clears more

Jul 20, 2020, 1:47 PM [ in reply to Hotels that are open or will open once it clears more ]

Hotels are fine. All of them that I am aware of in places I constantly travel are open and are practicing measures that few other public places are. If you are on a short stay, say 1 -4 days, they don't allow anyone in to clean your room. I typically stay weeks at a time so they have to make special arrangements to clean and sanitize my room periodically. I'm guessing hotels are safer than where the athletes live.

Jul 19, 2020, 8:13 AM

If students are not back on campus, I wonder the school could not sanitize a dorm and let visiting teams stay in a dorm.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There isn't going to be a season this year.

Jul 20, 2020, 12:00 PM

Remember, all of the proposals and adjustments being talked about now are being made with the understanding that the season won't actually happen. It's all so they can say "we tried our best" and "canceling the season was a last resort."

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic