Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Notre Dame is hurting ACC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Notre Dame is hurting ACC

Dec 2, 2018, 11:06 AM

Allowing Notre Dame to play 5 OOC against ACC without joining the ACC is hurting the ACC.

The ACC played 5 OOC games against Notre Dame and lost all 5. Having Notre Dame play ACC games without joining the conference is a lose-lose for the conference. If ACC beats Notre Dame 5 times then Notre Dame is not good.

Add Notre Dame and UCF and make it a 16 team conference, or add UCF and someone else and match Notre Dame OOC scheduling with the SEC so ACC would play Notre Dame once a season and not 5 times.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Notre Dame is hurting ACC

Dec 2, 2018, 11:39 AM

This is actually a really good point I think it would be great to have Notre Dame in the ACC and I would love to see a restructuring of the divisions to be more geographically fitting.

Structure:
-8 conference games (7 in your division and rotate home and home with the teams in the other division)
-2 OOC game
-1 FCS opponent

Unfortunately it would eliminate the GT-Clem rivalry full time but it creates an opportunity to have a more competitive league and tap into home and homes vs, Pitt's rival Penn State for example which would be great for perception of the league.

Coastal:
Pitt, ND, Virginia, VT, Syracuse, Boston College, Louisville, GT

Atlantic:
Clemson, UCF, Miami, FSU, NC, NC State, Duke, Wake

Dec 2, 2018, 11:47 AM

If you're restructuring geographically, shouldn't Georgia Tech be in the division with Clemson and the Florida schools instead of Syracuse and Boston? Maybe swap them with one of the NC schools?

Dec 2, 2018, 1:48 PM

I see it like the ACC basically has 2 team in this year and if FSU, BC, 'Cuse, NCSU, U of L, or WF only drop one game us and play a strong out of conference game it could be 2 ACC teams and ND in the playoff. That is a ton of big time exposure for our league to go with the Clemson brand. And we are about to expose ND for scheduling the cupcakes to make their CFP run. This one isn't quite as bad as the BCS one, but they caught breaks with when they played Michigan, Dungey hurt 4 plays in, think Wake had injury issues when they played as well, UNC as terrible as they were had just returned like 8 or 10 players the week they played the Domers and Vandy gave that game away.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic