Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Notre Dame fans and their usual arrogant take.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Notre Dame fans and their usual arrogant take.

Jul 24, 2020, 3:46 PM

Many say they could care less about playing for the ACC championship. Good, then that's that. Tell your administration to stop asking for it.

Why is the ACC going to turn around and play 10 conference games plus one? That means 11 games, one short of the original schedule. Why don't we just trim one FCS game from the original schedule and leave everything else as is? I'll tell you why, Notre Dame is why. Everything that is being done is to help Notre Dame have a schedule. But that's not enough. They have to be able to play for the title. I'll guarantee you they are going to pick and choose who they play outside of the ACC teams they were originally supposed to play this year.

This is really the absolute last straw in accommodating Notre Dame.

https://notredame.forums.rivals.com/threads/accs-top-scheduling-model-nd-plays-10-acc-games-1-nc-eligible-for-ccg.155576/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Poster #20 in the thread nails it.***

Jul 24, 2020, 3:51 PM

And #21 for that matter. Even they see it as wrong from our

Jul 24, 2020, 3:52 PM

point of view.

Re: Notre Dame fans and their usual arrogant take.

Jul 24, 2020, 3:59 PM

At this point, if they don’t want the ACC, they might as well call off the season. Be grateful ya silly little leprechauns.

Jul 24, 2020, 6:05 PM

The guy that thinks they could go 3-0 against Bama and 2x Clemson is precious.

0-3 is more realistic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jul 24, 2020, 4:03 PM

Reward bad behavior and it’s sure to get worse.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

If this messed up season is an opportunity to get ND as an ACC football member

Jul 24, 2020, 4:05 PM

then it would be quite the silver lining.

It bugs me that they were allowed to be an ACC member in everything but football, but I would be lying if I didn’t admit that I’d love for them to be a full member (i.e., including football).

Getting ND to be an ACC football member would be huge. It would do wonders for the ACC as a football conference, and I believe it would help the Irish a lot as well. A win-win.

With that said, my hope is that the conference is smart and only allows Notre Dame to compete for a conference championship if it is a full ACC member. Otherwise, it would be incredibly stupid and I see no benefit for the ACC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: If this messed up season is an opportunity to get ND as an ACC football member

Jul 24, 2020, 4:14 PM

If they become full time, they need to add a 16th. ND in the Coastal and UCF in the Atlantic.

Re: If this messed up season is an opportunity to get ND as an ACC football member

Jul 24, 2020, 4:34 PM

Take the opportunity for ND to sign a contract that they are all in the ACC after their NBC agreement expires or cancel all their games with ACC opponents and let them play BYU 10 times this year.

If ND joins the ACC in football, I vote to add WV (16 teams) or drop either Pitt, BC or Syracuse (keep it at 14 teams). 16 Conference teams is definitely at the max with 12 or 14 teams being optimal.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2020, 4:51 PM

Drop SYR -- the restaurants suck ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2020, 10:51 AM

One of my favorite Italian restaurants is in Carrier Circle. I travel there a lot and go to Grimaldi's every time I'm there.

For real. Do they even have a Denny’s?***

Jul 26, 2020, 6:06 AM [ in reply to Re: If this messed up season is an opportunity to get ND as an ACC football member ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think Waffle House is the best they have.

Jul 26, 2020, 9:23 AM

Might as well just not eat at all.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Jul 24, 2020, 4:55 PM [ in reply to Re: If this messed up season is an opportunity to get ND as an ACC football member ]

Navy - just say no to WVU (coots with higher expectations) and no to mis-direction Fla schools.

I *might* consider WVU if and only if there is north/south division and we never have to play the Yankee schools again save for the ACC CG

If they ever became a full permanent member, just do away

Jul 24, 2020, 4:57 PM [ in reply to Re: If this messed up season is an opportunity to get ND as an ACC football member ]

with divisions and the top two play in the ACCCG. We stay at 15 and don't have to add a watered down member (no pun intended Navy) and don't have to split the money by an additional school. A 15-team league with no divisions and a rotating schedule with one or two permanent rivals would allow each league team to play each other much more often than they do now.

The only thing keeping conferences from doing away with divisions now is an arbitrary rule that was tossed in decades ago that said a league had to have divisions to hold a championship game. If the power five demanded that rule be dropped, the NCAA would drop it tomorrow. The NCAA is barely hanging on to the power five as it is.

All of this is assuming Notre Dame would ever join full and permanent, which they will not. They will NEVER do that. They will only do it this year if it benefits them. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Notre Dame is as greedy and money hoarding as The Vatican itself.

Re: If they ever became a full permanent member, just do away

Jul 24, 2020, 5:23 PM

I thought that rule about divisions is no more. The Big 12 has a championship game and they don't have divisions.

I think you are right. I had forgotten that. The ACC should

Jul 24, 2020, 10:23 PM

do away with divisions now really. There have been some calling for it. That means for sure if ND were to ever join in full, the divisions would be dropped and we'd be a 15 team conference. It will never go to 16 and the schools would have less ways to split the money and get to play each other more often.

Re: If they ever became a full permanent member, just do away

Jul 26, 2020, 5:33 AM [ in reply to If they ever became a full permanent member, just do away ]

Right on.

Jul 24, 2020, 5:26 PM [ in reply to Re: If this messed up season is an opportunity to get ND as an ACC football member ]

UCF? A directional school. That's small time. How about BYU in the Atlantic. Makes as much sense as crazy as the divisions are now anyway. LOL

Jul 26, 2020, 5:33 AM

A team from Utah?

Jul 24, 2020, 7:07 PM [ in reply to If this messed up season is an opportunity to get ND as an ACC football member ]

My question Judge is this, in all the talk about ND playing a ACC schedule, has it been said that if the ACC allows this, ND will join the ACC in FB. I haven't read that scenario anywhere, and I don't think they would, nor do they have any intention of joining any conference with their FB program!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2020, 5:35 PM

To be fair, the whole "tell your administration to stop asking for it" thing works both ways. If our fans are so against the ND deal then tell our administration to stop approving these deals. The ACC school presidents had to sign off on the initial deal with ND, and they have to sign off on adding games with them and/or allowing them to compete for an ACC title this year.

Jul 24, 2020, 7:18 PM

ND has to have this sort of a deal with the ACC, or they are left out in the cold with nobody scheduling them with a conference only schedule. That is the price they would be forced to face for being independent with their FB program. Swofford and the ACC has them across a barrel, and they are going to blow it!!! The only deal for ND and the ACC, is sign the dotted line of being in the ACC with your FB also, or no deal, sorry but no deal!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

Jul 24, 2020, 6:28 PM

Notre Dame = money .... that simple

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Drad replied to the email voicing my concern. Here is his

Jul 24, 2020, 10:30 PM

reply.

Dan Radakovich
5:07 PM (5 hours ago)
to me, Daniel

Thanks XXXXX … lots of info to unpack as the league contemplates the addition….but I appreciate your perspective !

Dan Radakovich

Director of Athletics

Clemson University

They can't be arrogant if they haven't won anything!***

Jul 26, 2020, 8:56 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic