Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Notre Dame fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Notre Dame fans

Nov 12, 2018, 10:16 PM

Cuse fan here. I hope CUSE can beat the Domers on Saturday . Dungey's play will be
the determining factor. But if not I hope the Tigers play ND in the BCS and decimate them . I'm
certain they will. I have a lot of respect for Dabo and Clemson football. Go ACC!

Notre Dame fans are some of the most arrogant fans around. Maybe the worst. Their
comments on other message boards regarding Cuse and other teams is really over the top. It almost feels like
a white supremacist mind set.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Notre Dame fans

Nov 12, 2018, 10:21 PM

It is more a religious zeal that overlooks gaps in civility.

Nov 12, 2018, 10:35 PM

Ordinarily I'd be pulling hard for the Cuse, but I am being selfish here. I want to play ND in the CFP and wear them out.

I definitely want to avoid 2 SEC teams getting in the CFP, which ESPN is pushing the UGa agenda pretty hard.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2018, 10:40 PM

I clearly understand the dilemma . If you guys do play ND I hope it is a major beat down! I feel confident it will be.

Nov 12, 2018, 10:38 PM

After the Orange do their job, we'll never see them!!!

Even with that mindset and how I'd love to get them in the first round . . .

I CAN'T PULL FOR ND!!! . . . E V E R ! ! !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go ahead and knock them out for us

Nov 12, 2018, 10:42 PM

let's call it a favor repaid for beating us last season. I'd rather roll some Big 10 chump in the semifinals anyway.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Me too.. I'm hoping for Michigan.***

Nov 12, 2018, 11:22 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Nov 12, 2018, 10:43 PM

Are we talking ND fans, alumni or leprechauns in general?

There’s a difference.

Nov 12, 2018, 10:50 PM

Have you ever watched Lepracahn in the hood? Funny ####!

Nov 12, 2018, 11:32 PM

erm1981 said:

Have you ever watched Lepracahn in the hood? Funny ####!

+1

That movie was hilarious

Nov 13, 2018, 12:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Notre Dame fans ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpUb8TS4bHM

Nov 12, 2018, 10:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Notre Dame fans ]

The Fans seem to be the worse although the alumni have a snotty/elite attitude as well. The Leprechauns are a different story.

Nov 12, 2018, 10:49 PM

Got a feeling Dungey is going to have his Tim Tebow briefs on for this one !!!!! Needs to play out of his mind like he did when yall beat us last year !!!! GOOD LUCK !!!! F**K BRIAN KELLY !!!!!!!

Two different breeds of Notre Dame fans...

Nov 12, 2018, 11:16 PM

At ND stadium, they are great hosts and fun tailgaters.

At other places, they are undeservedly arrogant and not fun. Like Cubs fans.

We know which breed will show up at Yankee Stadium. Send them home with a loss.

Nov 12, 2018, 11:20 PM

Dobbs99 said:

Cuse fan here. I hope CUSE can beat the Domers on Saturday . Dungey's play will be
the determining factor. But if not I hope the Tigers play ND in the BCS and decimate them . I'm
certain they will. I have a lot of respect for Dabo and Clemson football. Go ACC!

Notre Dame fans are some of the most arrogant fans around. Maybe the worst. Their
comments on other message boards regarding Cuse and other teams is really over the top. It almost feels like
a white supremacist mind set.

I have a feeling, no matter the outcome, Syracuse is going to give Notre Shame all they want and then some. If they take that game lightly, Syracuse will beat them like a drum. If Notre Shame beats the dog out of your team, I will certainly change my assessment of Notre Shame. However, if Syracuse doesn’t turn the ball over, that will be a very competitive game.

Nov 12, 2018, 11:45 PM

Go ‘CUSE!

Nov 13, 2018, 12:31 AM

Notre Dame is good but not as good as they think they are. I would not be surprised at all to see Syracuse beat them.

I never pull for the Domers....

Nov 13, 2018, 5:11 AM

Notre Dame has been irrelevant in regards to College Football for a long time. Their fan base lives off their ancient past and now that they have finally put together a good season they are acting like they are some earth mover in college football. Sooner or later, this Notre Dame will be exposed as they are not a national champion caliber team.

The biggest reason I despise Notre Dame is that they are given special consideration as an "Independent" that other teams just don't get. Back in the BCS era - the famous "Notre Dame Rule" stated that, should the Irish finish in the top eight of the BCS standings at the end of the season, they were automatically granted a bid into a BCS bowl. No other team in College Football was given that kind of guarantee. It was pure bias by the BCS system to favor Notre Dame not by their skill/talent but the money making potential of the Notre Dame national brand. This special treatment by the BCS system resulted in the travesty of them playing in the 2013 BCS title game where they were exposed by Alabama as not belonging in the championship game.

Even today, a lot of folks think that an undefeated Notre Dame team (regardless of their SOS) should automatically get a CFP bid over a Power 5 conference champion. I only hope this attitude is not prevalent among the committee members as it is an unwarranted advantage to Notre Dame as they won't have to play a 13th game like all the Power 5 teams to prove their meddle in a conference championship game. I would love nothing more than a 1 loss Power 5 champion to knock an undefeated Notre Dame out of the CFP this year. I doubt it will happen but it would certainly force Notre Dame to re-consider that their independent status is no longer advantaged and may give them the push to join a conference for football.

Syracuse certainly has the ability to beat Notre Dame - just depends on which Syracuse team shows up. If the Syracuse team that lost to Pitt or the one that struggled against UNC shows up then Notre Dame will probably get the better of Cuse. If the Syracuse team that slobberknocked FSU, NC State, Wake Forest and Louisville shows up then Notre Dame will be lugubrious departing Yankee stadium...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I never pull for the Domers....

Nov 13, 2018, 11:57 AM

Well said. Thank you

Re: I never pull for the Domers....

Nov 13, 2018, 12:08 PM [ in reply to I never pull for the Domers.... ]

I think the bias originated in the "good ol days" sentiments, but blossomed into a commercial and financial appeal for Notre Dame and the BCS. College football loves its traditions as much as it loves money.

Well, I hope Cuse beats ND, not only for you but for

Nov 13, 2018, 5:33 AM

the ACC.

We need more conference members to do well, and the Cuse doing so is fine with me.

Hope you win Saturday

Nov 13, 2018, 6:25 AM

and I still think you should have been the Gameday game

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2018, 6:36 AM

Your QB and team has some swag. I hope y’all put in them aswell. You’re right about their fans, they can be obnoxious.

Go Tigers!!

Nov 13, 2018, 7:13 AM

I would pull for Isis before Notre Dame. I hope you all curb stomp them.

I think it's more of a "green and gold" supremacist attitude

Nov 13, 2018, 7:10 AM

All the green that put the gold on their dome.

If Notre Dame dresses like they did last Saturday, it will

Nov 13, 2018, 7:17 AM

be a tale of tow of the worst unis in college football. But I'll still be pulling for the orange. Go Cuse!

Nov 13, 2018, 7:26 AM

Well ‘99, I AM torn... however, I’ve come to realize that, like in so many other games that I like/dislike the participants, there ain’t a dang’d thing about that game that I can affect.

Therefore, since you seem like a pretty good person, I’m pulling for you guys to beat the Irish!

Do NOT take this wrong though, but I would love to see them against my Tigers in the CFP. I believe we beat ‘em by 30 or more.

(Which also tells me that “ a team we only beat by one score - in Death Valley - SHOULD be able to beat them, too!

Good luck my friend!

GO TIGERS!!!!

...oh, and GO Fighting Saltine Warriors!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Nov 14, 2018, 6:33 PM

Uncle Bill....Cuse alum here....LOVE your reference to the Saltine Warrior (for the uninitiated...Cuse used to be the Syracuse Indians, (home of the Onondagans, Iriquois, etc. and Syracuse had a huge salt industry going back to the native Americans) hence the Saltine Warrior...a loss to awareness which Florida State seems to have avoided.

I was with you up to the white supremacist comment...

Nov 13, 2018, 7:49 AM

Over enthusiasm for one's team should not be equated to racism.

Accusing someone of racism is hateful and racist itself unless it truly applies.

That said, as much as I would like Cuse to win, I would like to see Clemson get a shot at the domers and dominate them like they are 0hi0 St.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was with you up to the white supremacist comment...

Nov 13, 2018, 12:05 PM

Tiger1983 - being a true Christian I agree with you regarding my comment. It was misplaced and not appropriate. I tried to use it in a different context but it doesn't hold and no excuses for it.

Nov 13, 2018, 7:51 AM

"It almost feels like a white supremacist mind set. "

Would you care to expound on your racist comment? Maybe a few examples would help clarify your statement. Is that you jhop? You sound like jhop.

Nov 13, 2018, 12:10 PM

No its not Jhop. My bad using that word. See my post to tiger1983. I was trying to say something along the lines of Notre Dame fans think they and their fans are better than everyone else. When I lived in Chicago I was around many of them and they had a certain arrogant behavior that was quite unattractive.

Go ACC!

thank you. .

Nov 13, 2018, 8:35 AM

I've been blocked up for a couple days.
soon as I read "go ACC" I instantly felt the need to release.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I'm not sure who I like less Notre Dame or

Nov 13, 2018, 8:42 AM

their coach, what's his name... (little whiny baby)

Message was edited by: dw1959®

Nov 13, 2018, 12:11 PM

Rather destroy Michigan or Oklahoma anyway.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Without a conference championship I don't think it...

Nov 13, 2018, 12:19 PM

...reasonable to allow them in having played one less game so by all means I hope y'all take them out...regardless, I would have pulled for Syracuse even against an 0-10 ND squad.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic