Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Notre Dame
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1,365

Notre Dame

Jun 13, 2012, 9:05 AM

Just read that NBC is working on a new deal with Notre Dame football contract to put it in line with other conference deals. Current contract pays 15 mil and the rumored new deal is between 20-24 mil. If true, prob kills off any B12 or ACC chances...especially if the playoff system does not go route of conf champions because if so, I don't see why ND needs to be in a conference. So, UConn & Rutgers to ACC?!?! Man, the pickings for additional teams is slim.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Notre Dame

Jun 13, 2012, 9:07 AM

It makes them joining the ACC really unlikely now if it wasn't already there.

Seen this on a couple of message boards but with no link

Jun 13, 2012, 9:09 AM

to the real story. If true, it's a good thing. That mean NBC is not gonna roll over and will hopefully get in if ND comes to the ACC. NBC NEEDS a conference to help push their new cable sports network.

LOL ..... ND isn't coming to the ACC***

Jun 13, 2012, 9:10 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LOL ..... ND isn't coming to the ACC***

Jun 13, 2012, 9:11 AM

lol, clemson aint going to the big 12.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

better chance of that happening than ND joining ACC***

Jun 13, 2012, 9:12 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's more chance of ND to the ACC

Jun 13, 2012, 9:14 AM [ in reply to Re: LOL ..... ND isn't coming to the ACC*** ]

than there is Clemson to the BIG 12.

more of a chance CU to the Japan Conf. than ND to ACC***

Jun 13, 2012, 9:15 AM

Re: There's more chance of ND to the ACC

Jun 13, 2012, 9:18 AM [ in reply to There's more chance of ND to the ACC ]

please explain your reasoning

Reason being , CU to the BIG 12 is a dead issue.

Jun 13, 2012, 9:23 AM

ND to the ACC, while an extreme LONGSHOT, is not a dead issue yet.

Didn't know you were on the BOT .....***

Jun 13, 2012, 9:24 AM

Re: Reason being , CU to the BIG 12 is a dead issue.

Jun 13, 2012, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Reason being , CU to the BIG 12 is a dead issue. ]

did i miss a press conference from TD, JB. BOTC pledging our allegiance to the ACC and that we are no longer listening to offers?

he's just slinging out his own personal bilgewater

Jun 13, 2012, 9:38 AM

who knows why people feel the need to just prate away with opinion-based "facts", but many continue do so.

This is far from a dead issue.....pay no mind to these folks.

It's dead Scooter,

Jun 13, 2012, 9:48 AM

No sources whatsoever,it's called common sense. Anyone that thinks Dabo didn't already know what he was talking about before he opened his mouth is living in a fantasy world.
Likewise if he did open his mouth with no clue whatsoever in a situation like this,I'd be the first to say he put his job at risk.

That's fine, but I'l stick with what I know from

Jun 13, 2012, 10:29 AM

being in town and on campus every day, and talking to people in the know, as opposed to what writers and posters on a website declare.

With Clemson to Big 12 you at least have a $ raise***

Jun 13, 2012, 9:18 AM [ in reply to There's more chance of ND to the ACC ]

There's momentum for Notre Dame to join a conference

Jun 13, 2012, 9:20 AM

beyond the TV deal revenue and playoff format. Outside of a perfect season, which Notre Dame's schedule makes extremely difficult to ever achieve, their path to the playoff is going to be much more difficult. Conference affiliation gives their players something extra to strive for down the stretch, where an early season loss doesn't simply negate the team's chances for accomplishing a meaningful season like it does now.

As an ACC member, they have a chance to maintain much of their traditional rivalry games and not stray too far from their current scheduling, with the added benefit of having a conference championship to strive for and creating a slight edge to getting into the final four because of it.

If the ACC can come to its senses and restructure its finances to where football oriented programs aren't saddled financially with the shortcomings of the league's weaker and non-committed programs, then not only will Notre Dame remain a viable option, but the league overall stands to fare much better moving forward.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It might also help with their recruiting...

Jun 13, 2012, 10:37 AM

Looking at ND's roster

Kids from all over, but the Northeast/East is represented very well

They say that a very large % of ND's Fan Base is East Coast ...

Being in the ACC could only help ....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Notre Dame- I just dont see ND in any conference

Jun 13, 2012, 9:21 AM

heard their AD utter the same last week on college football live. they have a standing invite to the big 10. now maybe they are saying independent or maybe it is window dressing but I think they have their deal, their freedom, and preferential treatment. they are not willingly going to drop academies and get tougher games unless forced. I dont see the landscape changing that much for them. everything they do is geared toward being independent

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NBC can pay ND 100m, but if the playoff format

Jun 13, 2012, 10:35 AM

makes it practically impossible for them to compete for a NC what good is it? They can sit home and count their money.

If I were EZPN, I'd be working my tail off to make it so ND has no choice but join the conference of their choosing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Replies: 19
| visibility 1,365
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic