»
Topic: Noticed how crisp, hard & centered the snaps were from center to TL which allowed him to look ..
Replies: 12   Last Post: Jan 10, 2019 12:32 AM by: ClemsonTiger1988®
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 12  

Noticed how crisp, hard & centered the snaps were from center to TL which allowed him to look ..

[8]
Posted: Jan 9, 2019 9:59 PM

downfield quickly..while in years past in Natty many snaps to DW4 seemed to be slower & lower which caused him to bend down to retrieve and didn’t give him that extra split second to check his receivers as readily, imho.

Was Cervenka our center? If so i heard he bench pressed 660 lvs!

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

To All CLEMSON TiGERS..Sending you Bright Light from the Carolina Coast and hoping you get to witness a huge Orange sunset tonight. Go Tigers!

Re: Noticed how crisp, hard & centered the snaps were from center to TL which allowed him to look ..

[6]
Posted: Jan 9, 2019 10:01 PM

Good point. Details like that get overlooked and under credited. Need to give credit when it’s due.

2019 orange level member

Re: Noticed how crisp, hard & centered the snaps were from center to TL which allowed him to look ..

[5]
Posted: Jan 9, 2019 10:18 PM

Great observation. Snap issues were prevalent in multiple seasons. I don't remember a single snap-related miscue, and protecting the ball was a big factor in this victory. Was really pleased with ball security on offense and special teams.

[2]
Posted: Jan 9, 2019 10:23 PM

And only 1 penalty and touchback kickoffs. They were very well prepared.

Whoever made the decision to fair catch the kickoffs . . .

[2]
Posted: Jan 9, 2019 10:23 PM

I applaud!!! Going into the game, I feared for DK's ball security during those returns. That single decision could have saved us a turnover or two, plus we started our drives with decent field position.

Again . . . to whomever . . . I applaud that single decision!!!!!!!

2019 white level member

Re: Whoever made the decision to fair catch the kickoffs . . .

[1]
Posted: Jan 9, 2019 11:34 PM

I agree. We've seen the impact turnovers have had in our other games against Bama. The difference is that this time it was Bama turning it over. Thanks to Coach V, DB coach, and defensive backs for getting in their film study.

2019 white level member

[3]
Posted: Jan 9, 2019 10:30 PM

Falcinelli was our center.

[2]
Posted: Jan 9, 2019 10:53 PM

....I heard that he squats 660 lbs., not bench. Unbelievable!

[1]
Posted: Jan 9, 2019 11:32 PM

The snaps were amped up no doubt..I even commented to my son early on I was scared Falci was gonna airmail one

[2]
Posted: Jan 9, 2019 11:37 PM

I noticed in the Cotton Bowl they were perfect. I think in the Natty there were just a couple that made Trevor reach a little but nothing like Deshaun used to have to react to. He didn’t panic trying to get out of his crouch early to get on Q Williams.

2019 purple level member

[1]
Posted: Jan 9, 2019 11:37 PM

excellent point!

Re: Excellent point! Somebody learned from last year

[1]
Posted: Jan 10, 2019 12:05 AM

when KB was bending over to take the snaps.

I didn't think he really needed to much of the time--a guy who has taken shotgun snaps for years has no reason to bend over for a thigh-high snap except being extra careful and playing cautiously.

So it was awesome to have a QB playing with confidence again. Just like DW4 did before him.

I believe they snap the ball lower so the probability it...

[2]
Posted: Jan 10, 2019 12:32 AM

goes over the QB's head is minimized. It's common in baseball when relaying or throwing to base. You can always get to a low ball but everyone has a limited vertical hop.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Replies: 12  
[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
947 people have read this post