Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Notice on SEC sites that fans support their Team & SEC equal
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Notice on SEC sites that fans support their Team & SEC equal

Jan 2, 2013, 6:51 PM

..it being a special conference that they vividly support with pride when their teams play outside of the SEC Conference..something we in the ACC don't do.

Very interesting since they have strong emotions for the conference, its success, it statue, it's being known as a Big Boy & Mean place to play with great success as a NC maker year in & out.

Wish the ACC fans had this ability to support our conference..or should I say that I wish we had some great football teams that won often!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Perhaps we would if the ACC didn't suk ###. ***

Jan 2, 2013, 6:52 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your filament is getting thin... about to burn out.***

Jan 2, 2013, 6:52 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yep,it got old sometime ago.***

Jan 2, 2013, 7:03 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:We don't have to rely on what the conference does or

Jan 2, 2013, 7:02 PM

does mot do.

Disagree

Jan 2, 2013, 7:02 PM

So you are saying Auburn pulls for Bama when they play somebody outside the conference. I pull for no team except Clemson, no matter the conference. I guess I do want the ACC to do well in the bowl games,ut not sure if I pull for the conferenece in general.

ReI I can't bring myself to pull for SEC or, for that matter

Jan 2, 2013, 7:06 PM

,any ACC team, other than Clemson.

Hey, all you mullet heads missed the point. SEC fans pull

Jan 2, 2013, 7:12 PM

for their conference like nothing I've seen before. I went onto couple blogs and amazed how they defend the conference even if they're Bama, or LSU, or other SEC fan.

It's was amazing how they took the loss to Clemson so hard and were hurt that an ACC team whipped their SEC brother.

Maybe that's why our conference lacks that special something..like a lot of great football players, great teams, a NC winner 7 out of last 10 years. They pull for their team about as hard as they do for the SEC.

Think about it..and not be so one-sided.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah. my cheering for Duke to win might finally get them

Jan 2, 2013, 7:14 PM

over the hump..

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Still missing the point Boys! SEC fans pull for Team & SEC!

Jan 2, 2013, 7:16 PM

We're missing the point of creating a BRAND...called ACC.

Re: Still missing the point Boys! SEC fans pull for Team & SEC!

Jan 2, 2013, 7:50 PM

The fans can't do anything about it. You can cheer for BC, Duke, UNC, or Virginia all you want, but it won't change the outcome of the games.

The issue of creating a brand comes down to the commissioner's office. And we all know Swofford only cares about basketball and his beloved Tar Heels.

Re Well, you can right ahead and pull for them. I would not

Jan 2, 2013, 7:16 PM [ in reply to Hey, all you mullet heads missed the point. SEC fans pull ]

give FSU or Carolina air if they were in a jar.

Should the Red Sox pull for the Yankees?

Jan 2, 2013, 7:25 PM [ in reply to Hey, all you mullet heads missed the point. SEC fans pull ]

Should Redskin fans pull for the Cowboys? Green Bay fans for the Bears?

It's against all rational logic to pull for someone that wants to smash your brains in when you play them, and reap all the awards and accolades when they do.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Miss State, USC, Kentucky and Vanderbilt have...

Jan 2, 2013, 7:21 PM

...never won an SEC FB title and probably never will. And Miss State's been at it since 1932. What good did it ever do those schools to pull for the SEC? The answer is *NOTHING*, unless they're okay with being seen as coat tail riders, which is, for example, what the average Coot fan is happy with. If USC *never* wins an SEC FB title, they'll never lose an ounce of sleep over it. The biggest trophy at their place should simply read "We Are in the SEC"....

Clemson lives the perfect example in basketball

Jan 2, 2013, 7:30 PM

what have all those trophies in Durham and Chapel Hill EVER done for the Clemson basketball program in 60 years? Why would pulling for Duke/UNC change ANYTHING?

Answer - it DOESN'T. The only hope for Clemson basketball is for the Duke and UNC programs to fall off of a cliff.

It's absolute lunacy. Clemson fans should know this better than anyone.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Notice on SEC sites that fans support their Team & SEC equal

Jan 2, 2013, 7:23 PM

From my own experiences with talking with SEC fans, I feel like those who affiliate the most with the conference actually do the least for the conference. It's like they aren't good enough to make an identity for themselves so they have to "piggyback" off of the works of others. I don't know about the people you have heard from or talked to, so what I think may not be true. I think what makes teams great is their sense of reliability and responsibility as a team, not as part of a conference. Just my opinion :)

Your op is correct....

Jan 2, 2013, 7:25 PM

..given USC's FB "history", what else could they say?????? Being in the SEC is USC's "One Shining Moment"....

Re:Spot on.***

Jan 2, 2013, 7:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Notice on SEC sites that fans support their Team & SEC equal ]

Re: Notice on SEC sites that fans support their Team & SEC equal

Jan 2, 2013, 8:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Notice on SEC sites that fans support their Team & SEC equal ]
image.jpg(179.9 K)

Ha! And what do you know? Point proven.

Sorry I can't and wont envy the SEC

Jan 2, 2013, 7:23 PM

or any other conference that sold out to a TV Network. Tell me, what purpose is served by supporting your conference when all hope is lost for your team (see meltdown on LSU boards)? I think that mentality turns fans into sheltered little brats that, no matter how their team fares, never really know defeat when they always have a "conference" to root for. I'm taking my football and going home.

na, that mentality is annoying

Jan 2, 2013, 7:33 PM

the only reason I care about the ACC at this point is that it hasn't had any national championship contenders in a while, and because the SEC gets far too much attention as a conference.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i feel sure ESPN started all that with their pimping

Jan 2, 2013, 8:57 PM

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic