Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Nothing quite amuses me like the accusation of racism.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

Nothing quite amuses me like the accusation of racism.

Dec 9, 2014, 1:42 AM

The term is slung around and misused so much it no longer has significance. It's not going to be a ring in my nose by which self serving people of any race will lead me around.

When blacks were hung at the whim of their owners that was racism. When Native American's were herded like cattle and confined to lands that wouldn't support their needs that was racism. When children were sold from their mother's breast that was racism. When peoples were given blankets infected with deadly disease in order to wipe them from the face of the earth that was racism.

Now, if somebody gets their feeling hurt because somebody else is insensitive that's racism?

I know, take it to the P&R bored.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nothing quite amuses me like the accusation of racism.

Dec 9, 2014, 2:08 AM

Ever heard of "reverse racism"?

That term makes me laugh.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2014, 6:17 AM

When blacks and whites use drugs at the same rate, but blacks are 3 times more likely to be arrested, that is racism.
When blacks receive sentences that are 13% longer for the same crime, that is racism.
When blacks are 13% of the population, but have 1.75% of the wealth, that is the impact of racism.
When stu dies show a black with a higher level of education earns less than a white man, that is racism.

Dec 9, 2014, 6:25 AM

There is a vast difference between racism and genocide/murder . The comparisons by the op made me cringe , and I think I know what he was going for but I think he missed on any actual definition of the term racism.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 9, 2014, 6:32 AM

No words. Just no words for how stupid the original post is.

Dec 9, 2014, 7:00 AM

Racism is a word like assault things that can be dropped on anything at anytime, and people just run with it, worth all those numbers and percentages, there are other numbers and percentages and so on and so on that are pros and cons of people would look at things from both sides before jumping on a bandwagon things in this world would be different!

Dec 9, 2014, 7:33 AM

But without bandwagons, who is going to cheer for SEC football or Puke and Tarhole basketball?

Dec 9, 2014, 7:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Nothing quite amuses me like the accusation of racism. ]

Look, I'm not trying to be insulting, but the FACT that black people serve longer sentences for the same crimes committed by white people is not some "bandwagon" rhetoric about which some "PC liberal" can be inflamed. It's reality. The FACT that a nearly all-white, nearly all socially elite fraternity that happens to be responsible for more hazing deaths than any other can brazenly employ negative stereotypes associated with a specific race for entertainment- and go so far as to attach a fine university's name to the "occasion"- while somehow expecting impunity, is indeed problematic. It's 2014, and the United States is still racist.

We, as Clemson (not as white, black, Latino,or #### neanderthalis) are about being a part of a better future, from our stellar mechanical engineering program to our ability as fans and alumni to come together and build what few other schools our size could with our football program (look at UAB. Without being unified, we'd be them. NO- that doesn't mean the Cacks would be Bama, so don't get happy, coots).

To not understand why what that frat did was very stupid and very wrong and very embarrassing is to not understand any more than the redneck lout who is ignorant of the after-effects of Jim Crow and screams, with a bray that can only be equaled by a sick donkey, for a "White Entertainment Television" channel in some childish misconstruction of what equality means.

Dec 9, 2014, 8:09 AM

First of all, EVERYWHERE has racism. This is a flare up by the media. For goodness sakes, Tim Scott was elected in SOUTH CAROLINA! Racism as a whole is dying and perhaps the justice system is doing wrong by the African-Americans. The fact of the matter is the POLICE for the most part are doing there jobs. Also perhaps African-Americans decide to take less plea bargains. Just a thought, no data and probably wouldn't balance it out still. I think our justice system needs some major changes anyways.

The real problem is two-fold. 1. Socio-economic status is the main driving force. Blacks are traditionally less wealthy. 32% of welfare and 13% of the total population is disproportionate. That means there are lots of poor blacks. POOR people not blacks are more likely to engage in crime. More run-ins with police. You fix this by getting educated. In 1970 4% of blacks had a college degree now it is over 20%. On the way to fixing the problem. 2. Black "leaders" like Sharpton and Jackson are stoking the flames to get rich an brainwash the black population into discontent and reliance upon the welfare system thereby maintaining the status quo and providing opportunities for them to get rich off of these events. No racism= No need for Sharpton and Jackson. What we need to do is look to young black leaders like our own TIM SCOTT (mentioned earlier)!

Our legal system favors the wealthy. People like OJ Simpson

Dec 9, 2014, 8:45 AM

Our legal system favors the wealthy. People like OJ Simpson can afford the best attorneys and get less punishment then poor people who can't afford those attorneys.

There are a lot of advantages to being wealthy in the United States of America.

There are a bunch of people who confuse the advantages of the wealthy with racism.

EXACTLY******

Dec 9, 2014, 8:52 AM

Dec 9, 2014, 7:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Nothing quite amuses me like the accusation of racism. ]

Blacks are 32% of the welfare in this country but only 13% of the population. That means many live in poverty and white or black the poorer you are the more likely you are to engage in bad behavior. Engaging in bad behavior increases the number of encounters with police. Resisting arrest further increases the problems. In both cases that have been in the news, there were poor black people that were BREAKING THE LAW and encountered the police. The man who died in New York was unfortunate because it was over something as minor as illegally selling cigarettes. However, he would not comply with the police and so at 400 pounds they brought him down best they could. The headlock may not be police protocol but again the man was outweighed by probably twice his own bodyweight. Also when I have been wrestling and in a headlock and couldn't breathe I also couldn't say I can't breathe as clearly as he did. He couldn't breathe because he has asthma, weighs 400 pounds and was tackled. A police officer can't stop an arrest every time a suspect says I can't breathe or you are hurting me. Michael Brown also drew the attention of the police officer for not getting out of the road. Everything after that boils down to what some questionable eye witnesses (unreliable when race isn't involved) and the police officer. 2 things, if that is what you have then you have to take into consideration the credibility of the witness. The main witness (Brown's friend) lied on parts to protect himself and had aided in robbing a store. The other up close witness was Wilson. Now you are faced with a cop that has a clean track record and a kid who just robbed a liquor store. Who are you going to believe. A case that is a real problem is the one in Columbia where the trooper shot the man getting his wallet. The cam showed everything and while I don't think the cop was racist he was doing an incredibly bad job and jumped the gun. Why isn't it getting press because the man didn't die. Liberal media wants us to rally behind a thug that was killed and an overweight asthmatic who died of asphyxiation while resisting arrest for illegally selling cigarettes. No I will not get behind that. I will get behind the man who was shot in Columbia for reaching for his wallet in the car but it isn't national news worthy.

The NY one was really questionable imo because you.

Dec 9, 2014, 7:44 AM

had plenty of LE around to subdue the man without resorting to a possibly lethal choke hold. I just hope the protest don't spiral out of control nationwide

400 pounder wasnt Scott pagano***

Dec 9, 2014, 8:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Nothing quite amuses me like the accusation of racism. ]

If he got up, he Wasn't going anywhere too quick

They should of let up.

Anywho,..back to football

Re: 400 pounder wasnt Scott pagano***

Dec 9, 2014, 8:34 AM

Wonder how many times a cop has let up and gotten punched or stabbed or kicked. Who said he was a flight risk?

He was only 7 deep***

Dec 9, 2014, 8:48 AM

Whats he gone do take em all!?

Dec 9, 2014, 7:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Nothing quite amuses me like the accusation of racism. ]

How did a Black President get elected in a country that is 13% black and so racially backward??? Not saying he is indicative of a country purely free of racism but rather that it is indicative of the overall climate. Racism resides in a few tiny pockets and with few people. In 20 years it will hardly noticed. The real problem is people like Sharpton and Jackson that make their money off of fueling the racism flame.

Dec 9, 2014, 8:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Nothing quite amuses me like the accusation of racism. ]

> When blacks and whites use drugs at the same rate,
> but blacks are 3 times more likely to be arrested,
> that is racism.
> When blacks receive sentences that are 13% longer for
> the same crime, that is racism.
> When blacks are 13% of the population, but have
> 1.75% of the wealth, that is the impact of racism.
> When stu dies show a black with a higher level of
> education earns less than a white man, that is racism.

If Whites and Blacks use drugs at the same rate wouldn't that mean blacks use more?

You forgot to mention that blacks commit 49% of all murders maybe that's where your jail term comes from. Blacks on black crime is the biggest problem the blacks have right now.
1.75% of the wealth? Might be because 35% of blacks are on welfare and do not want a job.
Obama has done nothing but hurt Blacks by stirring the card every time he gets a chance.

Dec 9, 2014, 8:23 AM

agreed see my post on why Tim Scott should be the Number 1 leader in the black community...http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=16460024

Dec 9, 2014, 9:13 AM

> agreed see my post on why Tim Scott should be the
> Number 1 leader in the black
> community...http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jsp
> a?messageID=16460024

Neat! "They" need someone to "lead" "them."

Who will "lead" us whites?

SMH.

There's lies, #### lies, then statistics.***

Dec 9, 2014, 8:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Nothing quite amuses me like the accusation of racism. ]

The system is a mutha.***

Dec 9, 2014, 8:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Nothing quite amuses me like the accusation of racism. ]

Dec 9, 2014, 9:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Nothing quite amuses me like the accusation of racism. ]

When blacks continue to have children out of wedlock at a 67% rate, is that racism too?

Or can they actually take some blame for that one?

Dec 9, 2014, 9:06 AM

Flawed stat. I was born out of wedlock i reckon heck, being in my parents wedding. I was only 3, but they were in love and put a silver spoon in my mouth .

That's not racism. That's a stat

Dec 9, 2014, 9:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Nothing quite amuses me like the accusation of racism. ]

Blame them for what?

Wealth Gap

Dec 9, 2014, 9:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Nothing quite amuses me like the accusation of racism. ]

If you are born and raised in SC and between the ages of 55 and 65 years of age you already know this.

If not, please take some time and talk to someone who fits that demographic.

Talk to a South Carolinian who is between the ages of 55 and 65 years old. Ask them about the year their school was integrated. They will tell you that their new black classmates came in with reading and math skills that were way behind grade level.

Prior to integration the black student's schools were separate and NOT equal. It seems illogical to expect any black student who was educated under segregation to be able to compete in life after school with their white counterparts. (Even if they were educated for just the first few years in a segregated school.)

It is going to take time for the wealth gap to close.

Re: Wealth Gap

Dec 9, 2014, 9:10 AM

I see what you mean and wealth plays a part in that and definitely does overall. Your post is more about the education gap. But as you were insinuating when the education gap closes, the wealth gap closes.

Smartest thing I read was the part

Dec 9, 2014, 7:43 AM

where you said,"I know. Take it to the P&R Board." Well said, sir.

Don't Forget Chinamen and The Railroad

Dec 9, 2014, 7:59 AM

or Irish subjugation by the English or Coots Enslaving Their Daughters' to Become Strip Club Dancers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you are a non-liberal white, then you are a racist.

Dec 9, 2014, 8:42 AM

It's not your fault though, you were born that way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you are a non-liberal white, then you are a racist.

Dec 9, 2014, 8:53 AM

I hope your kidding??? That's the most ignorant statement I have seen..

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sarcasm gets another******

Dec 9, 2014, 8:56 AM

To say i love black ppl***

Dec 9, 2014, 8:45 AM

And have black buddies. But still be AGainst mixing races, Is racist.

Some buddies of mine are like that.(mixed myself)

It's hardly helpable though, almost like a fixed trait society has created. These views will slowly die out

Racism..will be gone by completely by the time i have grand kids i believe

50 years ago I boasted of having a Cherokee heritage.

Dec 9, 2014, 9:13 AM

An old black man told me the day would come when people would boast of having a black heritage.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True, very true***

Dec 9, 2014, 9:38 AM

While it's just skin color, People should always embrace their "race"...

I think we agree that the party wasn't racist... But...

Dec 9, 2014, 12:58 PM

there is a pretty sizable gap between your examples and racism. Your examples are pretty much murder or genocide. If you refuse to hire someone because they are a certain skin color that would be racist or if you treated a person badly or well simply because of their race then that is also racism. However it is not racism to treat another person badly if they just so happen to be of another race. It has to be the cause.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We've lost sight of what it most important.

Dec 9, 2014, 1:10 PM

Don't try and tell me Jesse Jackson isn't a racist. Same for Al Sharpton. I'm not accusing either of them of breaking the law. They have a right to be racist if that's what makes them happy according to our constitution. It's the infringement on the rights of others that violates the law.

Saying that I'll say this, if either of those gentlemen refuse to hire me they have not infringed on my rights. I don't have the right to force them to hire me just because I'm of a different race, gender or my weight or age.

This is scrambled eggs. We are headed in the wrong direction. Leaving Greenville and heading north on will not get you to Atlanta no matter how fast you travel. I freely admit that whites did more damage to blacks than anyone suspects but we are doing nothing to repair the damage. The greatest damage was cause by refusal to teach them to read at young ages. That's a parent's responsibility.

Seriously? Fat people farting? Old people falling?

Dec 9, 2014, 1:06 PM

The Dumb and Dumber toilet scene? Bumfights?

None of that amuses you as much as a racism accusation?

Weird.

Well, maybe Dave Chappelle.***

Dec 9, 2014, 1:12 PM

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic