Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: ESPN writer: Clemson challenging Alabama atop CFB 'out the window now'
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 82
| visibility 1

TNET: ESPN writer: Clemson challenging Alabama atop CFB 'out the window now'

Jan 10, 2018, 3:30 PM

ESPN writer: Clemson challenging Alabama atop CFB 'out the window now'

One game can shift a narrative, as evidenced by the 2018 Sugar Bowl. Going into the third installment of Clemson and Alabama in the Playoff, the Tigers and Crim Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: ESPN writer: Clemson challenging Alabama atop CFB 'out the window now'

Jan 10, 2018, 3:33 PM

We're only an elite QB away from beating bama again.

Re: TNET: ESPN writer: Clemson challenging Alabama atop CFB 'out the window now'

Jan 10, 2018, 6:19 PM

Actually we are only a couple of mistakes away from beating bama with a less that perfect qb! We were in that game until 9 minutes to go in the 3rd and we throw 2 interceptions so minus the mistakes such as the attempts by ETN to get extra yards instead of taking the ball on the 25 twice etc and some dropped balls that should have been caught if we just play our game and don't make these mistakes we beat bama with KB and the squad we fielded!

Jan 10, 2018, 7:51 PM

So we were in it until barely past the half way mark?

We we’re in it until we couldn’t score 7 after the fumble ..

Jan 10, 2018, 10:00 PM

If we tie the game there things could have turned out differently. But we couldn’t do it.

It then became a mis-match due to the turnovers deep in our own territory.

Alabama was dominant, but not to the extent that the finals score indicated.

Maybe what I’m saying is that “Bama really wasn’t that much better than us, or any better at all.”

Nah ... The were definitely better than us.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We we’re in it until we couldn’t score 7 after the fumble ..

Jan 11, 2018, 11:09 AM

I don't know if they were better than us throughout the season, but they definitely were that night.

One play changed it!!

Jan 11, 2018, 12:04 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ESPN writer: Clemson challenging Alabama atop CFB 'out the window now' ]

Agreed!! I dont think Alabama was as dominant as all the pundits are making it out to be.

If Cain makes the easy 3rd Down catch, and there is no Interseption in the next drive, we would have had a great chance to win!!

Re: One play changed it!!

Jan 11, 2018, 12:35 PM

This! Heck, there were many who thought we were going to lose the year before, and I was feeling dejected in the 1st half. Then, I looked at the scoreboard and thought, "hey, we're not that far down, and a couple of plays can change it. And they did. Same could have happened this year. AL was more motivated, start to finish this year, but if you remember, they came out on fire last year, too. We wore them down. Difference is we made the plays when we needed last year. This year, we didn't. KB was no threat downfield, and Cain missed on some very key, potentially game changing plays, too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2018, 8:19 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ESPN writer: Clemson challenging Alabama atop CFB 'out the window now' ]

along with an elite OL.

Re: TNET: ESPN writer: Clemson challenging Alabama atop CFB 'out the window now'***

Jan 10, 2018, 3:37 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Jan 10, 2018, 3:39 PM

Thanks for the fuel and bulletin board material ESecPN!!!

Nothing inaccurate in that article.***

Jan 10, 2018, 3:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nothing inaccurate in that article.***

Jan 10, 2018, 3:46 PM

Does it need to be inaccurate to work as motivation? If I was a player what was said would light a fire under me for sure.

Jan 10, 2018, 7:15 PM

Dabo, please post this in huge letters all over the new facility.

Jan 11, 2018, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Nothing inaccurate in that article.*** ]

I mean, the Alabama coaches had their media teams photoshop fake news articles saying a bunch of lies about Clemson as motivators for their guys.

Jan 10, 2018, 3:48 PM [ in reply to Nothing inaccurate in that article.*** ]

These thoughts are very similar to mine. Bama isn’t going anywhere and neither is Georgia or Clemson. I expect Auburn to join the mix as soon as this coming season. I’m not sure FSU is ready to get back to the top but I do believe that Miami will not easily go away. It’s just a matter of time before LSU gets rolling again. We don’t want to think about it but, can the gamecocks rise to prominence? All these schools are recruiting the same kids. Southern football is king and the Oklahoma’s and Ohio States and Penn States better get used to it.

The next three or four years are going to be the best in history! imo

Re: Nothing inaccurate in your post

Jan 10, 2018, 4:22 PM

Except SCar is not recruiting the same players and to answer your question. No, they can't.

null

Jan 10, 2018, 7:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Nothing inaccurate in that article.*** ]

I would not count OSU,the Okies and Penn State out. They do some pretty good recruiting and developing too.

Jan 11, 2018, 12:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Nothing inaccurate in that article.*** ]

The answer to your question about usuc is, NO. The rest is very accurate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2018, 3:50 PM [ in reply to Nothing inaccurate in that article.*** ]

He's stating that were another FSU after Jameis left. Never went to the playoffs without Jameis and hasn't won the ACC either.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

actually there is something inaccurate in the article...

Jan 10, 2018, 4:16 PM [ in reply to Nothing inaccurate in that article.*** ]

to state as fact that Clemson now falls back behind uga is inaccurate because there is nothing factual to prove the statement...
to think that Georgia makes a better argument for sustaining this level and now Clemson is dismissed because bama can directly attribute 14 points to interceptions including a pick 6 means that Clemson doesn't belong is intellectually disingenuous given the success of Clemson versus bama head to head and common opponents of uga...
if Clemson loses points for winning with an elite QB, then bama should lose points for having an elite defense and uga should lose points for having elite running backs...
you can argue that bama is on its own tier but they can and have been beaten, so, are they ahead of the pack, yes... but how far is truly up for debate...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: actually there is something inaccurate in the article...

Jan 10, 2018, 7:24 PM

I agree. These writers are fueled by their own emotions, stupidity or desire to stir the pot. 'Bama is indeed ahead of the pack. This is demonstrably true. But teams like Clemson, Georgia, Oklahoma, Penn State and Ohio State are all capable of winning National titles very soon. To suggest Clemson is going away proves to me the author has not done his homework. Again, Nicky will be 67 in less than a year. He's the most important player they have.

UGA has done nothing to prove they can sustain success on

Jan 10, 2018, 9:41 PM [ in reply to actually there is something inaccurate in the article... ]

Our level.

We were told how impossible it is to make it twice in a row after the 15 nc loss. We made it back and won it.

We were told we would be terrible this year. Losing all our offesne will cause us to lose a few games.. we made it back to the CFP again. Heck of a coaching effort.

They can go ahead and crown UGA a dynasty but it's premature.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

but recruit***

Jan 10, 2018, 10:07 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2018, 12:20 PM [ in reply to Nothing inaccurate in that article.*** ]

Deal with it Tnet, Saban showed his superior coaching with use of freshman in championship game, which was flat out just amazing call. two SEC teams won their playoff and were in National championship. We will continue to deal with that dynasty / SEC crap until we or somebody else actually changes the narrative on a consistent basis. Good news is this is type of bulletin board material we need when we are back in playoffs next year

Jan 10, 2018, 3:42 PM

The more of this the better! Nobody plays the disrespect card like Dabo.

Saban does***

Jan 10, 2018, 4:03 PM

And when there is none, he makes it up.***

Jan 10, 2018, 4:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

yeah he's the king of it

Jan 10, 2018, 4:07 PM [ in reply to Saban does*** ]

I don't know many guys who can convince their team that they are the underdogs, when in fact the majority of the people including vegas had them as the favorites lol

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2018, 3:44 PM

So let me get this straight, a team that has been a perennial under achiever deserves to be mentioned at the top over the 2016 national champions that no one in the preseaon expected to win the ACC and go to the playoff after losing 80% of the offense and only had 6 scholarship seniors? That makes total sense.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

and they totally underachieved in the second half of

Jan 10, 2018, 4:19 PM

the championship game by losing their minds when Tua entered the game... Tua is good, but he should never have gotten comfortable in the pocket... bring the pressure every play...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Take a picture this moment in time

Jan 10, 2018, 3:46 PM

That's the truth. Right.

So, Bama won their 2nd in 4 yrs, if Clemson wins our 2nd next year (3rd overall), it would be 2 in 3 years. Now, what universe is 2 in 3 years better than 1 in 3 years?

Re: Take a picture this moment in time

Jan 10, 2018, 4:52 PM

Ummmmm Bama just won their 2nd in 3 years and 5th in 9 years. Only if we or someone besides Bama wins next year the it will be 2 in 4 unless you just want to throw In 2014 to make your statement seem better.

Re: Take a picture this moment in time

Jan 10, 2018, 5:40 PM

And they won't. We and everyone else will push to shut bama up.

The thing is...

Jan 10, 2018, 3:48 PM

We're not trying to be Alabama...

We're trying to be CLEMSON!!!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2018, 3:50 PM

Whatever Mandell! At least Chris Low (a Rock Hill-ian) knows what's up! We weren't supposed to be here anyway....

Well good!

Jan 10, 2018, 3:56 PM

The doubters are back and we have to prove them wrong. Obviously when they come up with these options they don’t look at talent teams are losing or bringing in. But that’s fine we’ll be back.
GO TIGERS!

Re: Well good!

Jan 10, 2018, 5:20 PM

There are only two areas where Alabama is significantly better than Clemson. That would be the OL and RB. I would say on defense, Alabama is a little bit better than Clemson at LB. OL will take a couple of recruiting classes to catch up, but when UGA, Ohio State and Alabama sign several 5 star players and high 4 star players, and Clemson signs one 5 Star player every 3 or 4 years, and the rest a 3 star players with a few 4 star in the mix, it will be really hard to compete with their talent. Clemson will need to continue to find the diamond in the rough 3 star player and coach them up, which has done Clemson well, until they hit an Alabama.

you do realize that the 2016 game was the worst that our

Jan 10, 2018, 5:26 PM

O-line played against them, right?? you do realize that their defense scored 7 points and made a great play to set up a red zone short field for 7 more, right??? bama's O-line really isn't significantly better, as evidenced by our D-line giving them fits for the last 3 years... and that's with all of the 5-star recruits they get...

All just meaningless talk.***

Jan 10, 2018, 4:00 PM

Uninformed

Jan 10, 2018, 4:04 PM

All these people probably predicted Clemson to suck it up this year and guess what? We didn’t. Get out of here with that crap.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2018, 4:08 PM

Someone forward to Wilkins/Joseph/Hyatt/Ferrell/Bryant please. TIA!

Remind me again...What state did Ivan grow up in?

Jan 10, 2018, 4:15 PM

oh yeah

YES, Tigers are not Bama now sadly..& NO, Tigers are not going away!

Jan 10, 2018, 4:15 PM

So, Just Jeep ROCKING!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: YES, Tigers are not Bama now or ever thank God!***

Jan 10, 2018, 9:23 PM

'Underdog?"

Jan 10, 2018, 4:17 PM

Dabo can work with that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thankfully it's decided on the field and not in the ESPN

Jan 10, 2018, 4:28 PM

studios. It's great to get media support and chatter, but none of that matters if you can't win on the field (right, Notre Dame, Florida State, Louisville, etc?).

The only thing that matters are the W's and where you stand at the end of your season. And in the last 3 years, I think we've done pretty stinking good. Especially this year, for a "rebuilding year."

Jan 10, 2018, 4:29 PM

So and ESPN talking head says the top 2 teams are from the SEC. imagine that!?

Ivan Maisel, the guy who claimed the HUNH was figured out back in 2001..

Jan 10, 2018, 4:33 PM

Fast forward 17 years, and HUNH has completely changed college football, with over half the teams in college ball running a version of it. Maisel may cover football, but he doesn’t know a darn thing about the sport

Alabama was a "has been" when they lost by 12 to Auburn!

Jan 10, 2018, 4:36 PM

BTW - Ivan is from the great state of Alabama.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 10, 2018, 4:39 PM

Perhaps now, but this time next year Clemson will be right back in thru that window.

Jan 10, 2018, 4:40 PM

They just change like the wind.Same argument that we wouldn't challenge for ACC champion in 2017.We wouldn't win double digit victories.FSU was king of the hill.Blah blah blah ! Don't try to get back on the bandwagon when we keep on winning and achieving success.We don't need the sports media to win games for us.BTW,who the hell is this guy ??Nobody,I guess,because I've never heard of him.Another voice from the cesspool perbaps.

Lol so one game changes everything in their eyes?

Jan 10, 2018, 4:51 PM

I think not.

Complete gibberish. Didn't make it past 1st quote.***

Jan 10, 2018, 4:55 PM

Yea! More non-story click bait presented as actual content!

Jan 10, 2018, 5:01 PM

Keep up the good work!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2018, 5:03 PM

Hey suck face Ivan Maisel, DW4 didn't beat Bama by him self and he wasn't "THE" reason that we beat Bama, you Bama A$S sucker. It was a collection of our offensive and defensive guys that beat that Bama A$S!!! I would be willing to bet that Clemson has 3 QBs that can be good enough to beat Bama again. Ivan Maisel though, is just your average run of the mill sec leg humpper just like the rest of the ESECPN sperm eaters that's not capable of an opinion without esecpn approval!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Give 'em he1l, Henry!***

Jan 10, 2018, 5:04 PM

Jan 10, 2018, 11:54 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ESPN writer: Clemson challenging Alabama atop CFB 'out the window now' ]

+1 Excellent post!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ivan Maisel is from Mobile, AL

Jan 10, 2018, 5:08 PM

and he's been an embedded Colon Cleanser from FineBUM for years...

-PhD

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Good, just another chip on Tiger's shoulder for next year!***

Jan 10, 2018, 5:08 PM

Jan 10, 2018, 5:13 PM

So Georgia belongs in the conversation because they played Bama close but we don’t because our score was a bit more lopsided. Ok, I guess since ESPN said it it must be true.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2018, 5:38 PM

L...O...L

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2018, 5:38 PM

Second tier below Saban, sure. I guess we can't argue that now, idk.

No staying power? Clemson has won 10+ 7 years in a row, 3 straight ACC titles, 3 straight trips to the playoff and FSU went 6-6 this year and lost their head coach.... How are those two even comparable? Give me a break.

The game was not pretty, but it wasn't a #### 50 point blowout. Total yards: 261 to 188, first downs 16 to 14, T.O.P. 32:11 to 27:49. Turnovers 2 to 1. Take away the ridiculous Payne interception and that's probably a different ball game.

All of a sudden Georgia goes down to the wire with them, a team that went 8-5 the previous year, and they're "here to stay." Give it a rest. The SEC narrative is really what's here to stay.

I wonder if these guys really

Jan 10, 2018, 6:02 PM

Watched the game or just saw the score the next morning. The D played a really good game. They didn’t give up the big play or any long drives. To me they honestly looked better than they had in the previous two National Championship games. The thing that hurt Clemson was special teams (field position) and pretty much the offense as a whole. I hope the coordinators watched the film from the playoff game and see how important a good passing game is. Not mediocre like it was and for the love of God please try to mix up the play calling and call less screens! Go Tigers!

I agree ... Bama had a hard time scoring points even with

Jan 10, 2018, 10:09 PM

Even with excellent field position.

They did not dominate our defense, and they were able to keep our offense backed up deep most of the game.

A couple of dropped passes could have flipped the field, but we failed to make the big plays this year that we made last year.

We certainly had several opportunities to “be legendary” again and couldn’t respond.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2018, 6:13 PM

He should take note of how many freshmen we have on our team also. Anybody that does not think we are here to stay is an idiot.

He'll get to rethink his rethink next year.***

Jan 10, 2018, 6:15 PM

Jan 10, 2018, 6:19 PM

Stupid SEC homers talked what they wished they could last year. It won't be good for long!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Does this mean...

Jan 10, 2018, 6:55 PM

USuC is cycling up and we are cycling down? Because I was pretty scared during the game at Willy B.

Jan 10, 2018, 7:50 PM

Poor Ivan, what an ignoramus. He must've gotten his job through a friend or relative.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2018, 7:56 PM

Does this idiot not realize The Tigers were 12-2 with a first year starter at QB(who got very little playing time last year) and the team went to the playoffs and finished 4th(which once again was higher than our pre season ranking)!
Sure we lost ground in our attempt to bump Bama off their pedestal but we reaffirmed we are a force to be reckoned WITH EVERY YEAR.
Last three years finished 2nd, 1st and 4th. Oops...I guess we slipped a bit by finishing 4th. Lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ESPN is happier than a Pig in Mud***

Jan 10, 2018, 7:57 PM

Jan 10, 2018, 8:13 PM

This guy is an idiot having one bad game against another great team means nothing we are still just as great as Alabama we are still in the top 5 recruiting and will be back to the playoffs next year mark my words these writers just say stupid things sometimes smh!!

Jan 10, 2018, 8:45 PM

Totally not. What a non- thinking dropout. Next thought.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As a college football expert, the most intelligent thing you

Jan 11, 2018, 2:33 AM

can do is to take the results of a single game and extrapolate that out to a larger "truth." Right, genius?

Jan 11, 2018, 8:59 AM

Good to be on that "2nd Tier " ... rather than below decks .

DB23

ESPN - No Free Passes...

Jan 11, 2018, 9:31 AM

Hey, don't give Chris Lowe and Jake Trotter a free pass here...they didn't even have us making the playoffs back in August. Maisel, at least, was one of the few believers then.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20507614/which-teams-make-college-football-playoff

Jan 11, 2018, 10:26 AM

The idiot disproved his own hypothesis. He basically said we only got so far because of our special quarterback, but since we only made it to the semis without the special quarterback we are garbage. Not sure if he is an idiot or just making a desperate cry for attention...

WARNING: all material posted by kfast600 is not to be taken seriously and can make you dumber than you were before, if that is actually possible.

It is super rough when

Jan 11, 2018, 11:11 AM

your team has a year that ends in a setback when the "setback" is losing in the national semifinal.

Clemson isn't going anywhere. This may have been the down year of our dynasty. It freaking happens.

Re: It is super rough when

Jan 11, 2018, 4:52 PM

> your team has a year that ends in a setback when the
> "setback" is losing in the national semifinal.
>
> Clemson isn't going anywhere. This may have been the
> down year of our dynasty. It freaking happens.

We aren't a dynasty yet

Re: It is super rough when

Jan 11, 2018, 4:52 PM [ in reply to It is super rough when ]

> your team has a year that ends in a setback when the
> "setback" is losing in the national semifinal.
>
> Clemson isn't going anywhere. This may have been the
> down year of our dynasty. It freaking happens.

We aren't a dynasty yet

Was our loss to AL any worse than their lose to AU

Jan 11, 2018, 12:57 PM

A rival game that decided the SEC west division to a team we beat.

Not as far out the door as these guys knowing sports***

Jan 11, 2018, 3:37 PM

Replies: 82
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic