Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Nothing has changed
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Nothing has changed

Nov 11, 2017, 7:34 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=21782617

It's gonna be tough to go all the way without a much improved downfield passing game, but every week (well, almost) different guys step up and we do enough to win. Not exactly awe-inspiring or confidence building, and in fact it's maddening at times, but we get it done in the end. I think we can win the next two by playing the same way. After that, it gets a little tougher. I honestly think we make the playoff by playing this way - ugly, doing just enough. Then it gets a lot tougher, and unless the light comes on for KB and/or he just gets into some kind of a rhythm, we will struggle and our offensive limitations will be exploited.

That's just my take, but I'll be pulling hard no matter what. Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Nothing has changed

Nov 11, 2017, 7:37 PM

Great post. Agree on all points. I think it’s going to be hard to beat Miami with our limited offense, but we will see.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gets it******

Nov 11, 2017, 8:01 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2017, 8:02 PM

My thoughts as well. Good post.

So basically win like Bammer***

So basically win like Bammer***

I can't disagree with that.***

Nov 11, 2017, 8:09 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Higgins looks like a grown man. After 3 more games

Nov 11, 2017, 8:07 PM

and, hopefully, a month of practice for playoff, he'll be able to contribute more, especially on the 50/50 balls down the sideline. Or maybe Overton.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly, I think with DW at QB, Higgins and Overton and

Nov 11, 2017, 8:15 PM

Cain and Rodgers would all be contributing tremendously and looking like great receivers at this point.

Just look how much more productive Cain was last year, even as the #2 or 3 target.

- H. L. Mencken

Nov 11, 2017, 8:08 PM

Completely agree. Once we hit a team that can shut down the run and force Bryant to beat them with his arm, we are in trouble if the light doesn’t come on with his passing. I believe he has a confidence issue and the coaches lack trust in his passing ability.

Right as rain.

Nov 11, 2017, 8:31 PM

As usual.

U R right... This is what the "downers" R getting busted for

Nov 11, 2017, 8:36 PM

Pumpers don't get that this is not sustainable... Which is why the worry.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There can be no argument that KB's downfield

Nov 11, 2017, 9:02 PM

passing ability appears to be very limited, and certainly no argument can be made that that limitation doesn't dramatically impact our offense. That much is very obvious and I don't know of any sane person who is currently arguing otherwise. It can very reasonably be argued, however, that the coaches know exactly what they are doing by not playing Hunter Johnson, and that in fact, KB, with all of his limitations, gives us the best chance of winning. He may very well be the best we've got and Hunter Johnson (or Zerrick Cooper) may be even worse in that aspect, or in some aspect that puts us in even worse position on offense.

I don't know about pumpers and dumpers, and I don't know if that is what you are getting at, but just throwing that out there.

- H. L. Mencken

No, it's just dumb to look at a QB change

Nov 11, 2017, 9:07 PM [ in reply to U R right... This is what the "downers" R getting busted for ]

at this point in the season barring an injury.

Nov 11, 2017, 8:54 PM

I saw flashes today. Kb hit some beautiful passes over the middle early in the game. Then the light went out. I'm more concerned with the ball security. If that wasn't an issue, we'd all be chilling talking about the whipping we put on them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know you've raised a real tiger fan when you ask your son what he wants his cub scout pinewood derby car to be and he says a Tiger!

Nov 11, 2017, 9:07 PM

I agree man. But hey we keep winning and that's all we can ask. Also saw where someone posted this pass week that KB averaged more ypg passing than all other starting qbs in the top four. Well all that's about to change but you get my point. Just win. That's what championship teams do. If nothing else we've won the Atlantic and that's more than most expected us to do. I'm really proud of this team.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic