Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not worried about our ranking, but annoyed
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Not worried about our ranking, but annoyed

Nov 6, 2019, 7:08 AM

Stupid f'ing things about the first rankings that really don't matter come Jan, but still #### me off...

1. Clemson is the defending champ, on a 24 game win streak, and still doesn't get the benefit of the doubt or the respect that has been earned. I guarantee if Bama, OSU, etc was on a run like this they would be undisputed #1 until they lost a game. Period.

2. If you're going to use the weak schedule argument then you have to hold all teams to the same argument. I'm talking about Bama and their high school schedule so far. They haven't shown me anything and we would beat them by 14+ on a neutral field if we played tomorrow. The committee said it is because of the eye test, saying "they look strong all game long and have been dominant". Yeah, that happens when you leave your starters in until late 4th quarter against inferior opponents. We could've scored 100 points on some of our opponents this year using the same method. No reason for them to be #3.

3. UGA...lol. Still propping up the SEC. Barely beat an overrated Florida team, barely beat a two loss ND team, and lost to the f'in Coots...AT HOME!! How they are ranked in front of Oregon is mind boggling. Not really though because SEC. It just means more...haha!

Bottom line, we win out we are in the playoff, but it is still horse #### that we aren't in the top 4 as defending champs on an unprecedented win streak. I feel sorry for our upcoming opponents because Dabo is going to go in dry to make a point to the committee.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not worried about our ranking, but annoyed

Nov 6, 2019, 7:29 AM

1. NOBODY deserves "benefit of the doubt" b/c of what they did last year and/or the last 5-10 years. NOBODY! the Clemson fanbase needs quit acting like we're entitled to a ranking just b/c of what we've done in the past. And yes I hate it when Bama and Ohio State get that treatment as well.

2. I agree the weak schedule needs to be used for anybody who falls in that category. Bama & Clemson both have atrocious schedules (bamas being worse at the moment). Penn State has beaten 2 current top 25 opponents (one of only 3 teams to do so this year) and they should be OVER bama.

3. I don't think UGA will be there in the end anyway so that really doesn't concern me, BUT I'm also not going to knock a team "being in the mix" after losing to an unranked opponent. Clemson's done it twice and still made it before.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2019, 8:16 AM

If we don't use past years to judge things how does the Big 10 have 6 teams in the top 18? The toughest OOC game the ENTIRE conference has played was Michigan playing ND. Without the pedigree and the need to prop Georgia and the Big 10 up, Notre Dame might not be in the top 25. They are an incestuous league propped up by the pundits. Beating Michigan and Iowa isn't anything to brag about.

Nov 6, 2019, 7:47 AM

I agree with your post but would like to add a few comments. The committee talked about the eye test. Being a Clemson fan I may be biased but I have watched everyone but Alabama this year. To me they all look about a 1/2 step slower than the Tigers.

Even though our schedule is not what it should be we have been impressive in every game but one. I feel as though Dabo was holding back due to his relationship with Mack Brown. Due to holding back NC gained confidence and made it a game.

It was mentioned that Penn State played Pittsburgh as their out of conference game. Penn State barely won that game to a so called weak ACC school. At least they need to be consistent in what they are saying.

LSU and Alabama will delete one of them this weekend. Penn State and Ohio State play in a couple of weeks. If we win our games we will move into the top four. We have a reservation at the dance they just don't have a table for us yet.

Nov 6, 2019, 7:58 AM

Just my two cents....

I don't buy the Dabo "held back" narrative. I don't think ANY coach holds back to the point of almost losing. Now I would buy it if it meant we got up 28-3 and took foot off gas, but let's call it like it was for clemson that day.........we just didn't play well AT ALL and UNC took full advantage of it.

and people like to bash their Pitt win, BUT Pitt is 6-3 at this moment. If UNC was 6-3 and not sub .500 our close win wouldn't look as bad.

Nov 6, 2019, 9:01 AM

I think our team was having the "upcoming bye week blues" that week. It's sort of like working the Friday before you're off for an entire week for a vacation you've been looking forward to. Your mind is elsewhere on that day of work, and then suddenly something goes wrong at work and you have to get your mind right for the task at hand. The difference though is in football you can't always simply get your mind right when your opponent has spent the past week being more motivated and prepared than you are.

that may be the case, but it happened and we're the

Nov 6, 2019, 9:13 AM

only top 5 team to have a "close win" against a sub .500 team.

EVERYBODY has bye weeks so that excuse doesn't hold water with me.

as a poster said earlier it's not #5 ranking that's an issue............it's #3Bama, they have no business being above Penn State when you use the Penn State over Clemson argument w/ Penn State/Bama.

Nov 6, 2019, 8:57 AM

I agree with your point of the weak schedule thus far with Alabama. I don't agree with the comment about leaving starters in until the 4th quarter. Nobody has any issue with how many points we've beaten 8 out of our 9 opponents by this season. The one they have issue with is the UNC game which had nothing to do with us taking starters out of the game.

I actually had no issue with Bama being ahead of us right now if they wanted to use the logic of us having a close game as a tiebreaker of sorts, but I do take issue with them being ahead of Penn State if they're using schedule as a reason for Penn State to be ahead of us at this point.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic